[Closed] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
peapodprincess
Regular

[Closed] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

#1 Post by peapodprincess »

Edit: This position is now closed. Thank you to everyone who showed interest in this project. We had some wonderful applicants, but we've found the one who fit just right - the lovely nobutsuna.

Hello, everyone.

I'm currently recruiting a background artist for the upcoming project, Wandering Girl. Here's a little summary of the game as it currently stands:
Set in the United States during the 1920s, Wandering Girl begins with a man who is approached by a little girl in a seedy bar, a girl who knows all too much about his life and holds a disturbing amount of influence over him. The man is brought to her apartment, where he learns that she's not quite as young as she looks and will fulfill his wildest dreams for just the simplest thing - ending her life.

The style of this game is mostly reliant on the design/artistic movements of the 1920s, so experience with or willingness to emulate that aesthetic is a must.

Here's a sketch of the main character (just about the only one that's on screen for the majority of the game) by Chibisaso, this project's sprite artist, so you can get a feel for her style as well.

As of right now, this project needs five backgrounds, all but one of which are at night:

- The inside of a bar
- An urban alleyway
- The outside of an apartment
- The inside of an apartment
- A city skyline at dawn

This is a short, non-commercial project, and I am available to discuss prices via email or private message.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please reply to this thread or contact me in private.

Thank you for your interest,

Pea
Last edited by peapodprincess on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Completed: Bobette: A KN that's horrible but at least complete
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep
Organization: Cynical Ghost Productions
IRC Nick: Lady-Cynic

Re: [Paid] Recruiting Background Artist for 1920s style VN

#2 Post by Lady-Cynic »

Hey, I'd be willing to draw your backgrounds, especially since it's only five of them. Do you want them to be in a painted style or do you want it to have lineart?
Architect in training!
Cynical Ghost Productions
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

peapodprincess
Regular

#3 Post by peapodprincess »

Lady-Cynic wrote:Hey, I'd be willing to draw your backgrounds, especially since it's only five of them. Do you want them to be in a painted style or do you want it to have lineart?
Thank you for your interest.

If you are able, could you please provide me with examples you've done of both? I'm not an artist myself, so I'd like to see the difference before making a decision.

Lady-Cynic
Regular
Projects: To Hell With Love: A G/G action game; Wendigo: A B/B horror game; Hannah's Humanity: A G/B KN about a girl making a choice; Counting Sheep: A mini RPG about a girl traveling with her sheep

#4 Post by Lady-Cynic »

peapodprincess wrote:Thank you for your interest.

If you are able, could you please provide me with examples you've done of both? I'm not an artist myself, so I'd like to see the difference before making a decision.
Of course.

Here's a few recent examples my lineart style:
animu academy.png
bg hut.png
And here's a few examples of my painting style:
screen.png
Please note that this is a WIP and is here to showcase my ability to draw interiors.
Please note that this is a WIP and is here to showcase my ability to draw interiors.
Here's also an old piece of art that showcases some 1920's bar scene:
asdfghjk.png
Architect in training!
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!
I prefer the pronouns xe, xem, xirself, etc., but what ever you use is cool with me.

peapodprincess
Regular

#5 Post by peapodprincess »

Thank you for the examples of your work. I especially like the old piece at the bottom.

The recruitment is still open, so I'll make a final decision once other applicants have their chance to toss their hat into the ring.

Lady-Cynic
Regular

#6 Post by Lady-Cynic »

peapodprincess wrote:Thank you for the examples of your work. I especially like the old piece at the bottom.

The recruitment is still open, so I'll make a final decision once other applicants have their chance to toss their hat into the ring.
No problem. Tell me who got the position even if it isn't me. I'd pretty curious. :3
Architect in training!
My commission thread.
BB's commission thread
My art thread~!
BButt's art thread
Help me go to college!