Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Derpravity
Projects: "Momoeda Academy" (NaNoRenO '14), "Bountiful Love"

Re: Ideas Dump

#1261 Post by Derpravity »

gekiganwing wrote:
Derpravity wrote:A magical girl game in which you're the guardian mascot charged with guiding an unmotivated and underachieving magical girl through her daily life. Kind of a raiser sim. It's your job to make sure she saves the world.
Sounds like a story/game that I'd enjoy. Some possible variations...

* The advisor is a useless boyfriend (TVTropes term). He doesn't have supernatural powers, but he can provide insight.
* The advisor is a badass magical girl who's teaching her teammates or successors.
* The main character is essentially raising herself, kind of like in Spirited Heart. She needs to figure out who can be trusted as an ally. It's possible that she can end up on the villains' side.
* The magical girls benefit from the power of friendship. Therefore, they need to bond with each other and their various friends in order to win.
* They benefit from the power of love. Goal: find a romantic partner who they can work with, both in combat and in life.
Those ideas are all so CUTE. Augh... must not get distracted from current projects. Must not.

coffin-tan

#1262 Post by coffin-tan »

I got this from a dream of mine. It had lots of twists and turns and random moments but the main idea of my dream was:

*You're a a female knight or ...someone with high rank.
*You become queen.
*There is a war between your kingdom and a lot of other hostile territories.
*You meet people and befriend some of the nobles/kings/queens. Others become your enemies for life.
*The king from another land (whom you encounter many times) says that he loves you but you downright refuse his confession as he only wants to use you.
*You end up defeating him along with the rest of the other characters.
*Peace returns to the world- or so you thought!!!
*You get sucked into this dream-like world
*The people whom you've defeated and killed are with you, however, they do not remember who you are.
*The king from another land is also present but he doesn't know who you are either.

Sadly, I woke up at around this point. :(

Here's an idea for a fangame:
A crack doujin game for Sengoku Basara. You play as Mori Motonari and it is a normal day in Sengoku era Japan. Motonari needs to take loads of stress off and he does so with the help of a magical portal that can teleport him to various locations in Japan. He trespasses into the other characters' territories and bothers them. Oops, it's totally OOC *sweatdrops*

Destiny
Veteran
Projects: Cards of Destiny, Sky Eye

#1263 Post by Destiny »

You are a young man who did rent some books at the local library.
To his utter surprise, one of the books has nothing but blank pages. He leaves it on the desk and reads something else in irritation.
In the night, while he sleeps, the book opens and seemingly does summon a portal of some kind that the young man falls through. He wakes up in a basic dress (like a white poncho) in a fantastical and beautiful world.
From here the player can choose to look around, interact with nature and the creatures that live in it, from small bunny-like creatures up to what seem to be dragons roaming the sky.
The path itself is clear, leading the character straight through the world where he encounters the empty book every now and then wich opens and fills with words upon touch, telling the story if the boy and the world.
If he arrives at the final book, finishing the book, a portal opens again, he is transported back and everything was seemingly only dream. The book on the table is now filled.

BUT thegame has a catch.
Unknown to the player runs a timer in the background. He only has a limited time to arrive at the final book and return hime. It isn't obvious at first, the player might not expect anything. But the more time passes, the more the character changes.
A purple light seems to slightly emerge under the cloth on his chest. He might grow something like a tail under the cloth after some more time. His arms and legs resemble slowly the claws of what might be those of a dog or cat, just without the fur. He grows wings (at this time he takes off the poncho, showing he grew a tail like a crocodile).
If the player doesn't quickly read the last book at this point, the game stops accepting all input, having the character walk around aimlessly before he transforms into a dragon and joins the others that roam the sky.
The game leaves it open, what happened to the protagonist in his world, if he has disappeared, died or was also only dreaming.
Cards of Destiny (WIP) / Sky Eye (WIP)

Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

#1264 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I come up with random ideas, work on them for a few days and then abandon them so... :cry:
Here comes a few completely random ideas.
(I hope they don't sound like things already out there...)

First off,
Sorry but I forgot it's name

IR(file name)
The story takes place in the small town of Memoir. One night the main characters go to the town square because they all received a letter. As they're trying to figure out whats going on when the towns ornamental clock begins ringing. Now living in the new town of Memoir where the strange is common and the word imposable no longer exists. You alone, of the total 16 participants, have the ability to return. But how do you return? Spend your time searching for clues, relaxing, exploring and more! In the end the decision is yours... You may even find love.

1 Heroine- Emma
The small tomboy with a tendency to run head first. Her most treasured item is a stuffed black cat that no one knows where it came from. She has short pink and red hair. Her left eye is red and her right is pink. She always speaks her mind. Fights with her fist.
2 Heroines Stuffed Animal- Ink
A small black cat. He can move around and speak like anyone else. He has the tendency to look down on anyone but his Master.
3 Mercenary- Max
A self abusive guy who keeps his distance. Has sliver hair and one silver eye. The other eye is covered by the eye patch but looks like a yellow cat eye. He uses guns and a blade.
4 Adventurer- Leonardo
An easy go lucky kinda guy. He loves fighting as a sport. Has brown hair with darker strikes. Eyes are red. Fights with his fists and sword.
5 Doctor- Claire
She has a calming aura but a nasty way of speaking. Long black hair and blue eyes.
6 Nurse- Erick
Doctor's clumsy little brother who has a polite manner of speaking. Short black hair and blue eyes.
7 Farmer- Ash
A hard working young boy who can't stand still for a minute. Short reddish brown hair and brown eyes. Fights with a ax.
8 Shepard- Ashley
A lazy little girl always caught napping. Short reddish brown hair and blue eyes. Fights with a staff.
9 Chef- Abigail
A ditsy girl who often gives her products out for free. Long blonde hair and yellow eyes.
10 Tamer- Conner
He looks cute enough he is mistaken as a girl. Takes care of tamed beasts. Long blue hair and black eyes. Fights by commanding beasts. May not want to return.
11 Princess- Blank
Strangely enough she looks like a stuffed white cat. She worries a lot about Ink. A real crybaby.
12 Guardian- Ava
She protects the Princess. Takes her duty’s before anything else. Dressed in full armor. Long brown hair tied in a pony tail. Bright yellow eyes. Fights with a blade.
13 Assassin- Oliver
A calm but very irrational guy. Treats the Heroine like a little sister. Looks like the Heroine. Uses a mixture of poisons and daggers.
14 Dragon- Micah
He watches everything but knows close to nothing. His hobby is spacing out. Has mid-length black hair and bright yellow eyes. Fights using instincts.
15 Rabbit- Sophia
She tries extra hard to look cute. Short white hair and bright red eyes. Fights using kicks.
16 Researcher- Colby
A geeky little boy who knows the most about the areas outside of town.

Next is,
Short but whatever.

Love in Death?
The main character is already dead and this is basically her story after death.
At the start of it she's dying and remembers a conversation with a friend of what happens after death.
Depending on what you chose depends on the story.
1 Nothing
You meet a ghost boy
2 You go to heaven
You met an angel
3 You go to hell
You met a demon
4 Afterlife
All appear (can't chose at first)

Last but not least,
Something that needs more work...

Within this Star: Lies a Dream...

A young girl leads a sad life and holds onto a star shaped pendent for comfort. She has long since forgotten whom she received it from. But remembers a past not hers. One night while gazing into the pendent she sees light spark forth and envelope her. The next day her former bullies have become friends and the world she once knew has become strange. Can she trust her new friends? Is this world even real? What will happen when everything is over?

Within this Star: The Dream Continues

Years have passed and the girl has led a happy life. One day her child finds a forgotten star pendent and starts a new dream. Now she searches for the parents she can barley recall.

And that's all for now!
I hope I did this right...
I'm constantly working on ideas and even though I gave you three simple ones I've come up with many more that will never see the light of day...
Like right now I have 3 otome ideas I'm working on
A visual novel and even a manga
I hope to post more randomness in this future!
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#1265 Post by Razz »

This is basically a reverse of the setting of a hate story; what if the world went in the total opposite direction eg the internets social justice movement? Everyone would be referred to as xir or xe and day to day speech would be hyper aware of any offensive language. It could be played as either a satire or pro-social justice movement depending on the tone. :P

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#1266 Post by papillon »

Taking the concept of the manufactured idol singers, who must be beautiful and pure (and are total yuri bait) in a slightly weirder direction...

All-Girl Gladiatorial Combat League.

Every year, a new 'class' of Amazon Maidens is inducted into the Arena. Throughout the year they will train and fight each other to win points and set up their rankings for the final tournament... but they will also be earning points with the public, competing with each other for popularity. Being cute can be a weapon too, and the most popular girl in the arena is pretty much guaranteed to make it to the final showdown... but she'd better have some good fighting tricks up her sleeve if she wants to win the yearly championship and go on to a life of fame and fortune!

... and of course also the girls are sequestered and not allowed boyfriends or they will be cast out of the arena for having sullied their purity and let down their fans (I'm not saying that I SUPPORT that, just that this sort of thing happens and makes for interesting pressures in a story). Who else can they turn to but each other?

... Well, you could help your rival sneak out to meet a boyfriend and then get her caught, but...

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#1267 Post by LVUER »

papillon wrote:Taking the concept of the manufactured idol singers, who must be beautiful and pure (and are total yuri bait) in a slightly weirder direction...

All-Girl Gladiatorial Combat League.

Every year, a new 'class' of Amazon Maidens is inducted into the Arena. Throughout the year they will train and fight each other to win points and set up their rankings for the final tournament... but they will also be earning points with the public, competing with each other for popularity. Being cute can be a weapon too, and the most popular girl in the arena is pretty much guaranteed to make it to the final showdown... but she'd better have some good fighting tricks up her sleeve if she wants to win the yearly championship and go on to a life of fame and fortune!

... and of course also the girls are sequestered and not allowed boyfriends or they will be cast out of the arena for having sullied their purity and let down their fans (I'm not saying that I SUPPORT that, just that this sort of thing happens and makes for interesting pressures in a story). Who else can they turn to but each other?

... Well, you could help your rival sneak out to meet a boyfriend and then get her caught, but...
A good idea. And it's a feasible strategy to help other girls sneaking around for their boyfriends and then trap them so they're banished from the tournament.

And this one is very easily turned into hentai idea, ehehehe.... :twisted:

This reminds me of AKB48 members who get fired from having boyfriends.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#1268 Post by papillon »

Forbidden Fruit

Inspired by having recently read an article about a girl who served a few months in a modern-day sheik's harem, as well as an article about modern upper-class butlers (which ALSO included one working for a sheik, who had to quickly hide the prostitutes when the wife came calling...)

You are the trusted subordinate of a very rich man who is involved in a great deal of dodgy business... the kind that people get killed over. You manage the estate, direct the staff, clean up the messes, discipline the harem girls, and if your boss needs somebody kneecapped, well, you take care of that too. It's a tough life, but it pays well, and you're too deep in this shit to ever get free now.

Only right now, you've got trouble. One of the Boss's business rivals is making moves that could lead to a violent confrontation. A girl in the harem was found lying in her bedroom beaten unconscious, and you're not sure who did it. And the Boss's daughter, fresh out of university, is coming to visit her dear papa, who wants you to show the girl around... and make sure she DOESN'T find out that daddy is not exactly an honest and upstanding gentleman!

Naturally, romancing either one of your boss's harem girls OR his daughter is such a terrible idea that it really doesn't matter whether the protagonist is male or female, you're completely screwed either way. You're going to be lucky to get out of this one alive.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#1269 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I think tipping the hat to the father's behavior should absolutely be an option.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#1270 Post by papillon »

If you were on her 'route' it would be bound to come out one way or another, for all the drama possibilities.

- You tell her the truth, she doesn't believe you, rushes off to prove that it's not true and gets into danger somehow.
- You tell her the truth, she does believe you, calls you a murderer, and says she never wants to see you again, which causes you to do something stupid and dangerous
- You don't tell her, she breaks into daddy's office looking for your personal information because she likes you, things get even messier

Just randomly betraying your boss without good reason wouldn't be in-character for someone in this situation to start with, though. Still, there are possibilities on other routes.

- If you've fallen for the enemy, you might betray your boss to weaken him, knowing that the personal turmoil will make it easier for his adversaries to act against him
- If you've fallen for a harem girl it's possible you might discover that your boss is even worse than you thought he was and decide that you can't support him any longer (Telling the daughter would probably be low on your list of stuff to do while trying to escape though)

This isn't something I have any intention of writing, though - have you seen how many plot bunnies I throw into this thread? :)

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#1271 Post by Rozume »

I had this idea for a VN I might make sometime in the distant distant future. It's a story that explores human trafficking, its effects, etc. It's sort of a response to otome games like "Kissed by the Baddest Bidder" and "Bidding Love" that sort of... gloss over the human trafficking idea.

The MC is a Taiwanese college student about to study aboard in the United States. When it's time for break, she goes to visit her extended family in Hong Kong not knowing that there's been rumors around the area that a local gang has been kidnapping young women and selling them to prospective buyers overseas. As she reaches Hong Kong, she runs into trouble with a gang member and gets kidnapped and gets auctioned off at an Underground Black Market. The highest bidder is a young, rich, American celebrity with a penchant for "exotic" things.

I want this VN to have routes and such, but with each route spilling into the next. Not sure how that will work though.

Obviously, something like this will require A LOT of reseach and I don't know where to start with that.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#1272 Post by papillon »

The problem with not glossing over the idea is that doing it realistically ends up with a game that's not very romantic or fun.

To my understanding, adult human trafficking victims are not likely to be auctioned off to hot young American celebrities, but are more likely to be stuffed into manual labor or brothels (possibly somewhere that they don't speak the language)... rarely kidnapped (except in war situations - Nigeria sort of counts), but more commonly recruited under false pretenses and then not allowed to leave.

A student who was about to study abroad in the US should be one who speaks English and comes from a not-that-poor family. They'd be missed, and they'd have a much better chance of making contact and getting out at the far end.

Most of the possibilities I can come up with for a more 'realistic' human trafficking game come out pretty icky.

1 - Your study abroad program was a scam and all the students who signed up are taken off to be used as laborers somewhere. Your parents won't miss you for a year because they think you're in the US.

2 - The study abroad program is legit but badly run and you end up in the house of people who think it's fun to use their foreign student as a domestic servant. They convince you that this is normal and that you owe them for room and board.

3 - Kidnapped and taken to be sold in a rural part of mainland China or Mongolia as a 'bride'. You may not speak the dialect at all, and in a small village your ability to call for help is pretty limited. The result is not at all glamorous.

4 - Sold to an expatriate celebrity who lives in your country, because you're a small child and it's one of those celebrities. (Yeah, nobody wants to play that.)

The story I was reading about the real-life harem girl had recruiters that were actually fairly upfront about what she was getting into. Not completely, but reasonably, which if they wanted at-least-middle-class American girls for their gig is only sensible, precisely to avoid big legal outcry. The job posting was put up like an acting gig looking for young pretty girls, but when you got to the audition THEN they explained what they really wanted was to send you to a foreign country for a few months as a servant with sexual duties upon request, and let you say yes or no to that.

Of course it was still not necessarily that simple once you were in the foreign country, locked up in the ladies quarters and your passport out of your reach, but...

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#1273 Post by Rozume »

I really like idea#2. Mind if I steal it one day? :lol:

I agree that a human trafficking VN would not be very romantic or fun, but then again it's not supposed to be.

Anyway, some more ideas:

The Indefinites - This idea originally was for a graphic novel but I might make it into a VN/KN instead. The MC here was just an ordinary teenager until she receives a magic pendant for her birthday that sends her into another world. In that world, demi-gods and superhumans called 'The Indefinites' are at war with each other and she finds out is chosen to bring peace to that world.

Sounds typical. :P

bearsrcute

#1274 Post by bearsrcute »

an idea I had is a tragic dating VN in which the main character is a pacifistic Kumiho. In this story, the only way Kumihos can eat is either literally eating peoples hearts or by feeding of the love of others. Since the main character hates killing, of course she or he decides to go through the second route. Even though he or she is popular and admired by others, that love is not enough so he or she starts secretly dating someone but even that is not enough. The protagonist is forced to date and cheat on multiple people just so they don't starve

some endings for it would be that she/he doesn't reach the quota of love for the month or week and either starves to death or is forced eat a heart or two. If he or she eats the hearts of more than a certain amount of people, it can lead to the ending where they find out that he or she is not human and is killed by the townspeople. In addition, eating just one heart will prevent you from getting one of the happier/true endings that's basically like the harem/cheating ending where you get everyone
The choice to eat their heart also shows up when you screw up and one of your boyfriends or girlfriends find out you've been cheating on them but depending on the bachelor or bachelorhood and your closeness level with them, this does not necessarily mean gameover. In fact, I think one of the interesting routes would be that one of the bf or gf know from the get go that you're cheating and are trying to figure out why but the protag does not trust them enough to tell the truth until way later.
There is only one ending where the Kumiho can happily end up with a single guy or gal and that is with the super creepy obsessed stalker love interest who has more bad(and sometimes gorey) endings than good. This is one of the characters that CANNOT know you were cheating on them. Ever.
There could be a happier polyamourous ending that's like a 3tp ending
Another thing that is different with this Dating VN is the concept of having to break up with characters which you have to do at least once for most endings and it's tricky to do it in a clean way where the ex does not get too nosy about why and finds out the truth
I was also thinking that in conjunction with the love quota that the protag has to meet, there is also a guilt number which when it gets too high, leads to suicide.

As for more info on the protagonist, he/she leans toward the aromantic/grey romantic side and is attracted to any gender though he/she puts on the airs that he/she is just heterosexual for the sake of being more "normal". The kumiho has never really felt nonplatonic love or had crushes on people but as he/she progresses on certain routes, he/she does start feeling it and quite frankly does not know how to deal with this type of emotion. The kumiho is a pretty good person who is adopted by a human when she was a child and found near the site of where the human's husband was killed, heart mysteriously missing. Because he/she is very close with their adoptive mom, she/he vows to stop it's killing kumiho ways. The reason why feeding is especially an issue for him/her in the beginning of the novel is because the protag is at a growth spurt right before she/he reaches maturity

sorry for the she/he and gf/bf pronoun stuff it's just I feel the idea could work with whatever gender though kumiho are notoriously known for being female

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#1275 Post by gekiganwing »

After reading the post, I did a quick web search, and found out what a kumiho is. I had heard the title "My Girlfriend's a Gumiho" before, and then found out that gumiho is just a different romanization.

Only three entries for werewolf protagonist exist on the Visual Novel Database, and none are worksafe. What can you do with this idea? A lot, in my opinion. For instance...

* Main character routinely becomes a wolf and loses his sanity. This horrifies him, and drives him to desperation for a cure or a way to remain sane.
* Main character can just barely control becoming a wolf. He tries to remain calm and controlled unless something terrible is happening... and then he'll take wolf form.
* Main character can fully control and weaponize his wolf form. At least for now.
bearsrcute wrote: Another thing that is different with this Dating VN is the concept of having to break up with characters which you have to do at least once for most endings and it's tricky to do it in a clean way where the ex does not get too nosy about why and finds out the truth
This is not a concept that's been explored often. From what I read on RPGFan, breaking up is a major element in Memories Off 2nd. Unfortunately, not one entry in this VN franchise has had a fan translation project, and it might never have an official translation.