Art and Writing Exchange?

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
thadeus
Regular
Projects: Pointless

Art and Writing Exchange?

#1 Post by thadeus »

Hello, hello, my name is Rob and I've been working on a very cool, free, animated web series since just before April, called 'To Dust'.
I want to expand the media of the series, and create games and comics and that sort of thing.

What I'm looking for, is I'll give you rundowns of the characters and the world, and so on, and you'll take that, and write the stories. I can give you jumping off points and a few plots, but you'd have a lot of creative freedom. Think of sort of like, writing fanfiction, except that it gets to be canon. Any rating is acceptable, since the series itself is rated fairly high (it deals with violence and some torture sort of things. There are also LGBT things, so you'd need to be okay with that).

None of it is 'for profit', unless we discuss otherwise. Even those of us who are working on the animation, we're just doing it because we love it, and nobody is getting paid for it.

In return, I will art for you. I do all the animation on Dust, so if you wanted to create a game with short animated cut scenes, then I could do that. Or if you needed character art, I could do that.

Ideally, I'm looking for a writer who's interested in an on-going mutual partnership.

This is a sneaky preview, from the series, so you can sort of see what I'm talking about (the series itself doesn't premier until Sept.1st)- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYiloKTy0vw

And some samples of my character art:

The Week I've Had
Danrys Targaren
Rob's Faaace
Renee

So if you're interested, you could email me rob@bananasquid.com and we could talk from there :)

peapodprincess
Regular

Re: Art and Writing Exchange?

#2 Post by peapodprincess »

Huh. I'm interested, but I'll have to evaluate my upcoming schedule. I'll send you an email once I do. :)

thadeus
Regular
Projects: Pointless

Re: Art and Writing Exchange?

#3 Post by thadeus »

Alright, I look forward to it :)