Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Weoulf
Regular
Projects: Hell's Colosseum
Tumblr: fujinyumiis
Deviantart: godheads

Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

#1 Post by Weoulf »

♥ BL Dating Sim/Visual Novel
♥ Comedy/Romance
♥ High-school setting (all characters 18 and over)
♥ Six characters + MC + multiple side characters

FEATURES

♥ 6 dateable characters
♥ 12 possible endings
♥ 15 'episodes' (chapters) + 1 prologue
♥ Multiple CGs per character + 1 unlockable wallpaper per character + 1 thank-you wallpaper available in the demo of Ethon and Lyall!
♥ safe for work
♥ will have bgm and sound effects [free resources]
♥ completely free!

STORY

King Heights College - otherwise known as Hell’s Colosseum.
If that isn’t foreboding, you don’t know what is.

You play as a young high-school teacher: a recent university graduate, and a bachelor living on your own.
You’ve managed to land yourself a position as an English teacher at the infamous King Heights College. It's an all-boy's school full of delinquents no one can get under control. But despite its reputation, the school is a prestigious one. You've been chosen out of dozens of applicants ready to kill for the job. It'll be tough, but you need the money -- and you don't get chances better than this.

To your surprise, the first day at work goes well.

Your class takes a shine to you and the other teachers welcome you amongst them with open arms. You can’t help but wonder if all those rumours you heard about King Heights College were just that.

And then it happens -- only your second day on the job, but somehow you find yourself breaking up a fist-fight at the front of the school gates. When you end up in the infirmary, you meet...them. Five of the most notorious students that gave King Heights the nickname, Hell's Colosseum.

Good luck - you're gonna need it.

CHARACTERS [ROMANCE OPTIONS]

Lyall Muller:

Lyall Muller is an exception student in more ways than one. Notorious for all sorts of shady business, and the most suspect for "random" and "mysterious" school fires, Lyall does what he wants -- and damn well better gets what he wants.

Crevan Loewe:

Crevan Loewe is a popular guy and a surprisingly well-mannered student. He's a little forward in his interactions with his English teacher, but he's hardly malicious. He's the guy to go to if you want to get your hands on something, whether it be completely legal or, well, illegal.

Ethon Brand:

Ethon Brand is best known for his loud enthusiasm and penchant for vandalising anything within his reach. While crass, he's as honest as they come. If there's anyone you can trust to keep their word in Hell's Colosseum, it's him.

Arthur Carrasco:

Arthur Carrasco is the type of guy who has the utmost confidence in his physical abilities. Despite his all-brawn appearance, Arthur is a hardworking student whose grades rank him within the top three. But be careful -- his temper and fists are a force to be reckoned with.

Vasco Evangelista:

Vasco Evangelista is a student you'll want to keep a close eye on -- especially if he's within the vicinity of your belongings. He's got the quickest hands in the school, and a stare cold enough to give you frostbite.

Lev Vogt:

Lev Vogt is a fellow teacher at King Heights College and is well-liked among the staff for his cheerful demeanour. From your first meeting, it's obvious that he's always willing to lend a hand whenever he can. Despite his young age, the five worst students at the school treat him with an unexpected respect.

SCHEDULE

♥ Some spruced-up sprites coming your way! Vasco's uniform sprite expected to be completed by 26-27 August.
♥ Crevan's in-depth public character profile/sheet expected to be completed by 27-28 August.

QUESTIONS

♥ Is this the first time you've seen this thread or are you a returning visitor? If you're new, welcome! If you're not, welcome back! Please feel free to ask about why development was put on hold, or anything of this nature. Anything you'd like to know, I'll answer honestly as an apology for abandoning this game for so long.

♥ How do you feel knowing the backgrounds and music will consist of free resources? Do you think it'll greatly affect your gameplay experience?

This is my first game so I would love to know any of your thoughts and opinions, and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. Anything specific you want to see? Wanna share your first impression of a character? Just hit me up.

Thanks for your interest! Have a wicked day.
Last edited by Weoulf on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:01 am, edited 26 times in total.

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

Re: Hell's Colosseum [BxB][Comedy+Romance]

#2 Post by Chasing Summer »

The art looks fantastic so far and I’m very interested in teacher x student romances. Are you working on the project by yourself?
new account: sonnenblumen

Weoulf
Regular

#3 Post by Weoulf »

Chasing Summer wrote:The art looks fantastic so far and I’m very interested in teacher x student romances. Are you working on the project by yourself?
Thanks! That means a lot to me. I've been itching to write some teacher/student romance myself, so it's cool to know there's an interest in it, heh. I'm working on this project alone so I'm still trying to make some decisions on things like hiring people for music and/or voice-acting. If you've got the time, I'd love to hear what you think.

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

#4 Post by Rozume »

This project looks really good! I'm normally not interested in BxB, but you managed to catch my interest. Good luck with this!

Weoulf
Regular

#5 Post by Weoulf »

PhoenixStardust wrote:This project looks really good! I'm normally not interested in BxB, but you managed to catch my interest. Good luck with this!
Thank you; I'm glad it managed to catch your interest! That's great motivation to me. Here's to smooth sailing with your own project.

shortycake
Regular
Completed: Night in the Cottage
Projects: The Mishka Effect, Nocturnal Affair, Lethe, Alice in Neverland, Behind the Doll's eyes[WIP]
Deviantart: shortpencil
itch: shortycake

#6 Post by shortycake »

wow! This game look so awesome! Loving the art and character design and base to there dialogues gonna love their personalities too!~ Looking forward to this project XD

Weoulf
Regular

#7 Post by Weoulf »

shortycake wrote:wow! This game look so awesome! Loving the art and character design and base to there dialogues gonna love their personalities too!~ Looking forward to this project XD
Heh, thank you for your support! I hope you'll like what's in store!

Whimsical Conductor
Projects: Alice and Cursed Wonderland, Like She Had Wings

#8 Post by Whimsical Conductor »

This game looks fantastic. I love the art style, and not only that, but it seems like it's going to be written really well too with lots of awesome humour. I love the quotes you've got for the characters, they all suit them so well! I can't wait to find out more about the characters. I have a certain affinity for The Top Dog. I wish you lots of luck with this project. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for more updates!

shiho14
Regular

#9 Post by shiho14 »

Your plot already got my attention plus it's a bxb game yay!
I love your art and the character profiles <3 I don't have a favorite character so far because they are all so interesting to me.
I'm really looking forward on your progress on this game! You have my full support :D

Weoulf
Regular

#10 Post by Weoulf »

Whimsical Conductor wrote:This game looks fantastic. I love the art style, and not only that, but it seems like it's going to be written really well too with lots of awesome humour. I love the quotes you've got for the characters, they all suit them so well! I can't wait to find out more about the characters. I have a certain affinity for The Top Dog. I wish you lots of luck with this project. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for more updates!
Oh, thank you for saying so much. I'm pretty excited to get started on the routes and post some lines from the game. Hopefully all the humour lives up to your expectations, and I hope you enjoy Lyall's upcoming character profile with a little detail on his personality!
shiho14 wrote:Your plot already got my attention plus it's a bxb game yay!
I love your art and the character profiles <3 I don't have a favorite character so far because they are all so interesting to me.
I'm really looking forward on your progress on this game! You have my full support :D
Thank you very much - I'm really grateful for your support and enthusiasm! It's great to know all the characters have your attention; I'll try my best to make sure they keep it when the game gets rolling.

Chasing Summer
Regular

#11 Post by Chasing Summer »

Weoulf wrote: Thanks! That means a lot to me. I've been itching to write some teacher/student romance myself, so it's cool to know there's an interest in it, heh. I'm working on this project alone so I'm still trying to make some decisions on things like hiring people for music and/or voice-acting. If you've got the time, I'd love to hear what you think.

That’s cool. I’m constantly impressed whenever I see someone who’s working solo on a project and doing a fantastic job. Will definitely keep an eye on the thread and further updates — in other words, you’ve got my full support. Un fortunately, I’m not a voice actor nor a composer of any sorts, but I’d love to help you with editing (free, obviously) or beta-testing if you ever do need it.

As for my opinion regarding voice acting, it’s either a hit or a miss with a lot of people when it’s English. Whilst I don’t neccesarily believe it’ll turn people away from the project (as long as there’s the option to turn it on/off), a lot of people are not going to like it. Don’t get me wrong, though. It’s your game and if you want to add voice-acting, do so. I’m sure there’s lots of players who’ll appreciate it, too, as long as there’s some quality.

P.S, the other character profiles you’ve added look just as good. Ethon, or the "Defacer" (I like that nickname, by the way) is my favorite so far.

Weoulf
Regular

#12 Post by Weoulf »

Chasing Summer wrote:That’s cool. I’m constantly impressed whenever I see someone who’s working solo on a project and doing a fantastic job. Will definitely keep an eye on the thread and further updates — in other words, you’ve got my full support. Un fortunately, I’m not a voice actor nor a composer of any sorts, but I’d love to help you with editing (free, obviously) or beta-testing if you ever do need it.

As for my opinion regarding voice acting, it’s either a hit or a miss with a lot of people when it’s English. Whilst I don’t neccesarily believe it’ll turn people away from the project (as long as there’s the option to turn it on/off), a lot of people are not going to like it. Don’t get me wrong, though. It’s your game and if you want to add voice-acting, do so. I’m sure there’s lots of players who’ll appreciate it, too, as long as there’s some quality.

P.S, the other character profiles you’ve added look just as good. Ethon, or the "Defacer" (I like that nickname, by the way) is my favorite so far.
Actually, your input on whether or not there should be voice-acting is really helpful since I'm still very much on fence about it. I definitely agree that voice-acting can make or break a game depending on quality. So thank you for that. And thanks again for your support and for expressing your interest in it; it's seriously a huge boost for me to know you're genuinely interested in this game's progress! I probably will take you up on your offer to help with editing/beta-testing some day - any and all help is always welcome. I really hope you'll enjoy the final product when I get to it.

Banavolf

#13 Post by Banavolf »

Looking forward to seeing more of this! BxB isn't regularly my thing, but this looks cute. I can already tell I'd go for the dealer.

(Not that you asked me, but) Definitely only have voice acting if it's good. Personally I'm not sure it'd be worth the costs, but then I don't know what your budget is.

Chasing Summer
Regular

#14 Post by Chasing Summer »

In the end it definitely depends on the budget (as mentioned by the user above me), though. If you want quality voice acting, you need money. I’m not sure what your budget is, but since the game’s free, I’m assuming you don’t plan on earning any profit. And sure, if you ever do need help, send a PM and I’ll happily help to the best of my abilities! Good luck!
new account: sonnenblumen

Weoulf
Regular

#15 Post by Weoulf »

Banavolf wrote:Looking forward to seeing more of this! BxB isn't regularly my thing, but this looks cute. I can already tell I'd go for the dealer.

(Not that you asked me, but) Definitely only have voice acting if it's good. Personally I'm not sure it'd be worth the costs, but then I don't know what your budget is.
Hey, thanks! I'm actually pretty relieved to hear you like Crevan. He was my favourite to design (shhh). Yeah, my budget is pretty limited, and I was thinking that if I was going to spend any real money on this project, it would have to be absolutely worth it. I'm thinking I'll hold off the voice acting for now. Thanks for your input!
Chasing Summer wrote:In the end it definitely depends on the budget (as mentioned by the user above me), though. If you want quality voice acting, you need money. I’m not sure what your budget is, but since the game’s free, I’m assuming you don’t plan on earning any profit. And sure, if you ever do need help, send a PM and I’ll happily help to the best of my abilities! Good luck!
Quality certainly costs money, so I'll think about it a little more, but as aforementioned, I might hold off any voice acting for now. I doubt the end product will have any VAs but at least the option is there, heh. Thanks again!!