Limited Edition (GxB) Fantasy Adventure

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
crestforte
Regular
Projects: SOS SAGA
Discord: crestforte#8245

Limited Edition (GxB) Fantasy Adventure

#1 Post by crestforte »

I am hoping/planning to have a new quest every month once the game releases for the main character to play through. Since it is a 'choose your own adventure' styled game along with the dating aspect, there will be many chances to have romantic encounters with each new addition.
Story so far...
The day comes when you can pick up a copy of the dating sim you pre-ordered a year ago. You can't help the giddiness as you watch the box being slid across the counter toward you. Then the cashier proceeds to explain that there are 'four' special game boxes that contain a 'limited edition' DLC. He points to a shiny sticker on the box that explains it more.

Excitement was building, but you control the urge to open the box and head home. Inside your room, you slowly peel the seal off then pop the case open. Out falls a few sheets of paper that contain character information as well as directions on how to install it.

Then you see it...

The winning card with the DLC code...

Meet the Boys
ImageImageImageImage
AERONImageImageImageImageImageCRAYImageImageImageImageImageDAVISImageImageImageImageImageMARCS
Writer - CrestForte | Artist - Fungii
More Information to Come as Game Progresses[/center]
Last edited by crestforte on Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 21 times in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: Limited Edition (GxB) Fantasy Adventure

#2 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I quite like the concept behind this . . . I'm certain something fun will come out of it---and potentially some satirical commentary on the nature of DLC nowadays. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#3 Post by Fungii »

Yeee boiiii. Looking forward to doing more art for this.

nipaa_kazuma
Regular

#4 Post by nipaa_kazuma »

It makes me think of Dot Kareshi.
Let's already say that I will stalk this project =).
Its also seems to be a huge amount of work so good luck !

MizuSenpai
Projects: G.E.N.I.U.S(WIP), Shoumen(WIP)

#5 Post by MizuSenpai »

Sounds cool! Although I'm a little stupid confused. Is this a game within a game? Setting-wise, I mean. If so, that is seriously cool! Good luck!
Also, Fungii's art makes me unreasonably happy.

crestforte
Regular

#6 Post by crestforte »

MizuSenpai wrote:Sounds cool! Although I'm a little stupid confused. Is this a game within a game? Setting-wise, I mean. If so, that is seriously cool! Good luck!
Also, Fungii's art makes me unreasonably happy.
Yep, a game inside a game. MC picks up a copy of a RPG dating sim then gets pulled into the game when she entered the DLC code. From there she has to try to find her way back home or figure out if she wants to stay in the game world.

There will be new 'quests' for players to go through each month (once the game releases) or as often as I can come up with new things for people to play until the MC can finally get back home. Should make for a long running game for people to check out. ^^

crestforte
Regular

#7 Post by crestforte »

The background images WILL NOT be part of the actual game. It only is a PLACEHOLDER until the real background is drawn out. So please don’t freak out about it being from another game.

ImageImage

Which way would you want to go to get information?
And what would you ask Aeron?

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#8 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Awesome art Fungii! I can't wait to play this >.< Marcs looks adorable <3 Good luck guys!
i'll cry if you yell at me

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#9 Post by wyverngem »

I'm a little confused on what the stories are actually about, but the character designs are very attractive and I like your premise with winning the DLC. The guys all seem to have a social awkwardness in common with one another. Is this just the feel of the game or was it unintentional? :D I look forward to seeing more about this game.

crestforte
Regular

#10 Post by crestforte »

wyverngem wrote:I'm a little confused on what the stories are actually about, but the character designs are very attractive and I like your premise with winning the DLC. The guys all seem to have a social awkwardness in common with one another. Is this just the feel of the game or was it unintentional? :D I look forward to seeing more about this game.
The main story will be the MC to get out of the game. All the side stories that will be encountered are mostly going to be classic things found in RPG adventures and D&D scenarios. If you're familiar with how RPGs/MMOs allow the players to team with each other to fight beasties, it will be the same premise. The guys hook up to take on a task.

All four guys are 'more or less' friends who team up for missions/quests that pop up, so their personalities are slightly similar. At the same time, though, they are very different. I always tend to make characters that have some kind of good quality with a very bad one. Usually they end up either being too happy (Cray & Marcs) or too quiet (Aeron & Davis).

Hopefully that explains things. Their personalities as I write may change. Their little snippets with their image are the base ideas of how they'll be.

Lyyli
Regular

#11 Post by Lyyli »

The first thing I also thought of was Dot Kareshi, which I think is awesome :D

This sounds like so much fun! Only sad that I can't see a yandere, ahaha! But I will definitely check this game out once it's available.
Meep.

crestforte
Regular

#12 Post by crestforte »

Lyyli wrote:The first thing I also thought of was Dot Kareshi, which I think is awesome :D

This sounds like so much fun! Only sad that I can't see a yandere, ahaha! But I will definitely check this game out once it's available.
You never know. There just might be a yandere among the group. You never know. ^_~

Fungii
Veteran

#13 Post by Fungii »

Art update! Hopefully crestforte doesn't mind me posting this.
Got some polished art done of the MC! We've also been talking about the possibility of being able to wear matching outfits with the guys at certain points in the game, if you're into that sorta thing.
MC Preview.png
I've already finished up Aeron's sprites, and next on the list is Cray.

Lyyli
Regular

#14 Post by Lyyli »

crestforte wrote:
Lyyli wrote:The first thing I also thought of was Dot Kareshi, which I think is awesome :D

You never know. There just might be a yandere among the group. You never know. ^_~
Ahahah, now I'm even more interested! I wonder, I wonder... :)

I really like the idea of matching outfits! Sounds so cute >w<
Meep.

Fungii
Veteran

#15 Post by Fungii »

More cleaned up art, finished 2/4(?) boys now.
Aeron Preview.png
Cray Preview.png