Background To Use [CC BY]

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Background To Use [CC BY]

#1 Post by runeraccoon »

Hi there, this is a moved thread from v3-kei's post as I am moving account. ^^
I started practicing backgrounds, and I decided to make the result available for CC use. As perspective and manmade structures are still very challenging for me, the contents will still be outdoor shots. If you have something specific in mind, please tell me~ I could make that as my next practice.

Constructive criticism will be very helpful, and tell me if you use it in your project~

CHALLENGE LIST
- Waiting room in hospital/fast food restaurant. (from PeapodPrincess)

TERMS OF USE
Under the CC BY SA license, you are free to:
- Share this anywhere you want, but with proper credit to fuicchi (http://fuicchi-nee.deviantart.com)
- Edit this anyway you like, but for max. quality, please don't change the ratio. I will give you 1280x800 and 1600x900 versions each time, hopefully they'll suit your needs.
- Use it in commercial or non-commercial.
GALLERY
click image to go to download page
Last edited by runeraccoon on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrantauranox
Regular

Re: Background To Use [CC BY SA]

#2 Post by Tyrantauranox »

Not bad! I'd consider brightening the area under the tree, to account for global illumination. Near-black shadows in broad daylight will throw some viewers off.

runeraccoon
Veteran

#3 Post by runeraccoon »

Thank you! True enough - At first I drew the closest hill with the tree directly on top of it in mind. I'll be careful about it next~

Suika
Regular

#4 Post by Suika »

I like your style! The details in the foreground and the simplistic nature of the background give it a nice feel.
fuicchi wrote: Under the CC BY SA license, you are free to:
- Share this anywhere you want, but with proper credit to fuicchi (http://fuicchi-nee.deviantart.com)
- Edit this anyway you like, but for max. quality, please don't change the ratio. I will give you 1280x800 and 1600x900 versions each time anyway.
- Use it in commercial or non-commercial. No strings attached. And SA here doesn't mean you have to, uh, share your game the same way. Or am I mistaking the licenses?
To my knowledge, the Share Alike [CC BY SA] license requires any product that uses the background to be released under the same license.
CC by Attribution may accomplish what you outlined (essentially the SA license, but users are free to release under any license).
*I presume you know that I'm not a lawyer. To be clear: I'm not.

runeraccoon
Veteran

#5 Post by runeraccoon »

Thank you very much! I'm exploring how to make it has more depth. ; u ;
Suika wrote: To my knowledge, the Share Alike [CC BY SA] license requires any product that uses the background to be released under the same license.
CC by Attribution may accomplish what you outlined (essentially the SA license, but users are free to release under any license).
*I presume you know that I'm not a lawyer. To be clear: I'm not.
Hahaha XD
Anyway, fixed! I erased the SA - since the beginning I was wondering whether or not to use the SA anyway, like if I'm mistaking the terms or not. Turns out I was. .-.