Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

Re: Elven Relations - v1.1.2 released!

#136 Post by PyTom »

chronoluminaire wrote:but Tohko wanted to cast a Fireball at something at the same moment, and since there weren't any enemies left for her to kill, she got all huffy and locked up the game :D
Wow, that must be a first. A character so tsundere that she goes and breaks the fourth wall.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

teankun
Regular

Re: Elven Relations - v1.1 released!

#137 Post by teankun »

yay, I got all endings and thus all screen caps
wish there was more kissing though
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

Jacob

#138 Post by Jacob »

An excellent game to say the least =P
who am i kidding? I LoVeD it!!!!!!
Huge Fan of:
Elven Relations, praying for lots of sequels!! >.< b

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#139 Post by Sailor Kitty »

Perhaps he grabs Kei and shields himself with him, which is why Kei can't join you.
MMM, Yaoi XD :oops:

I still can't get Asilanas best ending!
Any walkthrough on the less obvious points? Like the banquet and before we meet her?
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#140 Post by chronoluminaire »

Sailor Kitty wrote:I still can't get Asilanas best ending!
Any walkthrough on the less obvious points? Like the banquet and before we meet her?
Spoiler warning for Asilana path!
The only decision before meeting her that has any effect is if you suggest that Makoto could help by talking the water out of the way, and that's only a very minor effect. All the other choices that will help you towards Asilana's path are:

Songroom / Choosing to drink or not: minor effect
Songroom / What you think: major effect
Asilana questions / choosing to ask about Asilana and her family: major effect
Banquet / sitting with her: minor effect
Party / visiting her first: minor effect
Party / dancing with her again: major effect
Party / making the right choices once you've danced: very major effect
Elfways / talking to her: minor effect
Stile / who you help down: minor effect
Village / who she rides with: very minor effect
I've deliberately left some of those ambiguous as to which is the actual best choice; if you want, I can spell out any of them that you're not sure about, although in most cases Asilana should react more positively to the right choice.
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

Daggio
Regular

#141 Post by Daggio »

this is a good game, yet a bit difficult

I have to play it four times before able to get Tohko good ending (that's just because I got bad ending three times in a row >_< )

what makes it good is Tohko (personal comment) and an RPG-like-battle-mini-game
how did you make that kind of battle with Ren'Py?
any tutorials or link that can show it?

thanks before, and I say it once again, this is a good game :D

sun tzu

#142 Post by sun tzu »

First game I've played here (my introduction to the genre, really, a few months ago).
Also, so far, the best.

shirano

#143 Post by shirano »

alright....this may sound a little odd, but...

I've gotten Ending #1, the special ending XD I randomly came across it...it was practically painless for me o_o;

Buuut....I can't seem to get TOHKO's good ending #2. XD; Does the first choice (admitting or pretending to know her) affect much? Am I going to have to talk to different people instead of just Tohko, like in Ending #1? And what order should I speak to the people at the banquet? I've tried Tohko, first, last, before/after I talk to Asilana, and it doesn't seem to do much. I'm so stumped XD; Does who I'm sitting with make a big difference? Since Tohko gets angry when you sit between her and Kei...

Oh, and this is probably my most favorite OEL VN I've played so far :D Please make a sequel :D

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#144 Post by chronoluminaire »

shirano wrote:alright....this may sound a little odd, but...

I've gotten Ending #1, the special ending XD I randomly came across it...it was practically painless for me o_o;
Heh - well done! I've added you to the list of people who've got Ending 1! :)
shirano wrote:Buuut....I can't seem to get TOHKO's good ending #2. XD; Does the first choice (admitting or pretending to know her) affect much? Am I going to have to talk to different people instead of just Tohko, like in Ending #1? And what order should I speak to the people at the banquet? I've tried Tohko, first, last, before/after I talk to Asilana, and it doesn't seem to do much. I'm so stumped XD; Does who I'm sitting with make a big difference? Since Tohko gets angry when you sit between her and Kei...

Oh, and this is probably my most favorite OEL VN I've played so far :D Please make a sequel :D
I'm very glad you enjoyed it! A sequel is still a possibility, although it won't be happening for several months if it does.

As for Tohko's best ending: medium-level spoilers ahead!
The first choice does make some difference, but not much. To get her best ending, you're going to have to get almost all the choices right, although it doesn't quite have to be a perfect playthrough, so yes, pay attention to that one :) You don't have to talk to different people instead of Tohko, like you did for ending 1. It'd good to give Takuya and Tohko every chance to talk that you can, even if they seem to argue; although given a choice between an option in conversation with her where she gets angry and one where she doesn't, it's normally better to take the one where she doesn't!

The order that you visit people at the banquet does make a difference, although you're right, I didn't think to add an indication of that. Put yourself in Tohko's shoes: if you've just met back up with your childhood friend after years apart, and are finding yourself confused by burgeoning feelings for him, are you going to prefer it if he comes to talk to you straight away, or after going talking to the other girls who're with you?
I hope that should be enough for you to get them to the happiness they deserve with each other... Best of luck!

Thank you to sun tzu for the kind words!
Daggio wrote:this is a good game, yet a bit difficult

I have to play it four times before able to get Tohko good ending (that's just because I got bad ending three times in a row >_< )

what makes it good is Tohko (personal comment) and an RPG-like-battle-mini-game
how did you make that kind of battle with Ren'Py?
any tutorials or link that can show it?

thanks before, and I say it once again, this is a good game :D
Thanks for playing and enjoying! And I'm glad you like Tohko :)

The RPG combat engine took quite some work. And as you might have seen earlier on this thread, it had quite a few bugs >.< I'm not sure about creating a tutorial for it, but...

I am actually thinking of releasing the full source code to Elven Relations, including the combat engine, so that people who want to look at how I did various things can see the techniques, and take advantage of them in their own games. Is that the kind of thing people would be interested in?
I released 3 VNs, many moons ago: Elven Relations (IntRenAiMo 2007), When I Rule The World (NaNoRenO 2005), and Cloud Fairy (the Cute Light & Fluffy Project, 2009).
More recently I designed the board game Steam Works (published in 2015), available from a local gaming store near you!

shirano

#145 Post by shirano »

Haha, thank you very much ^^ I guess the
order that you talk to the people at the banquet
is one of the most important parts XD

Tohko's best ending is definitely the sweetest and most believable for me. I enjoyed the game very much - I can't wait for the sequel (there had better be one! XD)

And now I have all the endings~~ :D *dances*

I was actually considering starting my own visual novel soon...so if you release the source code, I'd be eternally grateful XD

#146 Post by Guest »

hello, :)

I just wanted to say that you've made a very sweet game, which I enjoyed very much. In fact, I've been playing it non-stop for about 20 hours now, except for about 5 or six hours of sleep :). But in that time I played the game enough times to get (I think)all the endings, or at least all the best endings and 2 or 3 of the good endings, including the elusive ending #1 :P (which, I have to say, was the most satisfying, with Tohko's best being a close second ;))

Anyway, I just have a small question. I read something about a sunrise scene, however, I don't seem to have gone through it myself (and the CG gallery isn't complete, either :?), which is weird, since I thought I went through all the options...
Any advice on how to get it, or at least when it occurs? It would be appreciated :D

PS. I vote yes on a sequel! That would be something I would really look forward to if it was confirmed, especially if it continues off of the ending(s) of ER...

#147 Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I played the game enough times to get (I think)all the endings, or at least all the best endings and 2 or 3 of the good endings, including the elusive ending #1 :P
Sorry for the double post everyone! I just realized I can't edit my post as a guest :?
Anyway, just wanted to confirm that I have finished all the 8 possible endings, but that I'm still missing the sunrise scene and its CG?? Any help would be appreciated :)

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#148 Post by musical74 »

Major Spoiler ahead...

I THOUGHT the sunrise scene was essential for Yurika's best ending LOL

Anyway....
Early on, courting Yurika. It's before you meet Asilana. When Tohko is talking about reminiscing the old days, tell her *This mission is different* Yurika will agree and Tohko gets all huffy. After that, Yurika SHOULD wake you at sunrise.
Chronoluminare will be able to correct me or say *also need this!* but I KNOW that is needed to see the sunrise.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

#149 Post by Guest »

Thanks for the reply, musical :)

hm, I had a feeling that was probably when the scene was, but I still can't seem to get it :?. I've tried a few combinations but none of them seem to work.. Any advice Chronoluminare?

I don't see how there could be any differences, but would there be any changes on the Linux version? and thanks again ;)

#150 Post by Guest »

hmm, ok thats a bit strange. I tried downloading the windows version and running it through wine, to see if there were any differences, but this time instead of the detailed minigame approach, I just went for overview, and had no trouble in getting to the scene. So then I tried the same on the linux version (with the overview mode), and also had no trouble getting the scene. So then, to see if I could reproduce the error, I tried the minigame approach on both the linux and windows versions and had no trouble getting to the scene in either. So I guess you can just write it off as a rare bug or something :?
In any case, I appreciate the reply :)