Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4201 Post by Rinima »

I got diagnosed with dyslexia today.
Joy.
And how on earth did it take this long for someone to catch up on it?

Actually, this entire week has sucked.
1. I did badly in exams.
2. My rabbit died
3. This -.-
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#4202 Post by Kate »

Aww, that is sad! I am so sorry for the loss of your rabbit, it must have been adorable and sweet...

My thing is this: I keep hearing horror stories from my uncle about how the divorce is going with his....horrible wife. She has delayed and dragged her feet through it so she can keep racking up debt and requiring $2000 a month from him to blow on drugs with her....disgusting boyfriend. And she has now placed a restraining order on my uncles who weren't even involved so my younger cousin who is 16 can't go to my other cousin's wedding with us in two months.
Not to mention we're all afraid to go over to visit him in case she shows up and that woman, who's been sweet and kind and polite for twenty years, has totally lost it and she has screaming fits and throws things. It's terrifying.

I'm frustrated that there's no due process for divorces, anyone else?
If you care too, I just started a petition for it from whitehouse.gov (for fellow americans) if you want to go vote it. I'm literally that fed up with divorces because that's twice it has happened to an uncle where a spouse sucked them dry for years and has ruined them financially. Had. enough.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... r/scrDnjFW
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4203 Post by Rinima »

Kate wrote:Aww, that is sad! I am so sorry for the loss of your rabbit, it must have been adorable and sweet...
He was.... he wasn't even 2 yet ;~;

Also, I hope your uncles situation gets better :/

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#4204 Post by sasquatchii »

Kate wrote:My thing is this: I keep hearing horror stories from my uncle about how the divorce is going with his....horrible wife. She has delayed and dragged her feet through it so she can keep racking up debt and requiring $2000 a month from him to blow on drugs with her....disgusting boyfriend. And she has now placed a restraining order on my uncles who weren't even involved so my younger cousin who is 16 can't go to my other cousin's wedding with us in two months.
Not to mention we're all afraid to go over to visit him in case she shows up and that woman, who's been sweet and kind and polite for twenty years, has totally lost it and she has screaming fits and throws things. It's terrifying.

I'm frustrated that there's no due process for divorces, anyone else?
If you care too, I just started a petition for it from whitehouse.gov (for fellow americans) if you want to go vote it. I'm literally that fed up with divorces because that's twice it has happened to an uncle where a spouse sucked them dry for years and has ruined them financially. Had. enough.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petiti ... r/scrDnjFW
That sounds mind numbingly painful. I am sorry that you, your uncle, and your family are going through that. I don't know a lot about how divorces go legally, but does your uncle have a good divorce attorney to guide him through this? If not, maybe everyone in the family could chip in and help him find a professional?

My week has been fine, except for family drama... my little brother is 21. He dropped out of a prestigious college 2 years ago because of bad grades and lack of motivation. He lives with my parents now and goes to community college (and we're all really happy that he's trying to get better grades).

However, there has been an extreme change in his attitude over the last few years. He is really hard to be around. I know our parents can be nosy, overbearing, and over protective sometimes, but they love us and want us to be happy and healthy. He has been really nasty to them, lashing out at them sometimes and then completely apathetic towards them other times. He came to visit me (I live an 8 hour drive away) a few weeks ago, and he was just very hard to be around. Half the time he wouldn't talk to me much (even when I asked him opened ended questions about his hobbies and other things going on in his life) and the other half of the time he was only interested in talking about his extreme political views, some of which I didn't really understand (I am not a very political person). So, it was really hard for me to talk to and relate to him. Even though we've grown up together and we're only 2 years apart, the difference between us is like night and day.

Anyways, he was hanging out with some friends when he realized he lost his wallet, so he called my mom and asked her to look for his wallet- he was thinking somewhere in his room. So my mom started going through his room looking for it. She found he had an entire drawer crammed full of beer cans (which I'm not really sure why he felt like he had to hide that- he is of age and our parents wouldn't care if he drank beer.) She also found that he was hiding weed and hallucinogenic seeds under his bed. Oh boy. Needless to say, she was not happy when she found them and tried to talk to my brother about it, but he simply said "I'm not talking to you about it, I don't have to, and I can't believe you snooped through my room! This is an invasion of privacy."

Which I think is a little weird, considering he was the one who asked her to look through his room in the first place. Anywaays, they're going to a family counselor together now to try to work through things and repair their relationship. I wish I could help her through this, but I'm pretty useless considering how I don't have kids of my own. But I try to be there for her and listen to her when she needs to vent.

Sorry for the really long novel, I didn't really have anyone I could talk to about it (besides my boyfriend) and it feels good to just get it off my chest.
ImageImage

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4205 Post by Rinima »

I some how managed to accidental send of a application form to a college.....
and I can't contact them to tell them it was an accident as my phone is out of credit and they don't actually have the correct email up on their website ;~;

Samsam80

#4206 Post by Samsam80 »

I've been rejected from about 30 job applications (no lie) in the last year. All of them are good jobs that I actually have the education and experience to do.

Damn economy and everyone applying for the same jobs.

Samsam80

#4207 Post by Samsam80 »

But I guess, to be fair, I did get the job I have now which is a massive step up from the retail job I was doing before. Still looking to move up though.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4208 Post by Lishy »

NoScript is cool and all, but it worries me that it knowingly affiliates itself with questionable "speed up my pc" websites for ad revenue. To me it seems a little hypocritical and dishonest.

I would like to see a replacement add-on which functions the same, but does not have such a questionable background.
-

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4209 Post by curry nochi rice »

suffering from a major case of writing (block?) I used to spontaeneously write scripts but ever since that "present or not to present character" part I went nuts. :v
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Lumella
Regular
Completed: Jose Rizal Visual Novel Game
Projects: Last Cycle's Vision
Organization: Unis

#4210 Post by Lumella »

I'm currently conflicted right now.

I voiced out a complaint against a professor for sexual harassment that happened 2 years ago. I didn't report it immediately because a lot of things are on the line during that moment. I just learned today that there was a circulating rumor regarding the said faculty about the formal complaint that I'm about to file against. Thank goodness my name was never mentioned in the rumors and only very view people know that I'm involved in it.

Nevertheless, I'm currently conflicted because the said faculty tried to make amends with his actions by helping me pass the subject during the most important time of my college life, my external defense for my thesis. However, his actions has caused a great deal of unnecessary anxiety to me, which is one of the contributing factor why I had to constantly repeat the subject before. Also, it puts all my hardwork and credibility as a professional throughout college life in question because of the incident.

I'm already writing a list of pros and cons whether I should pursue this formal complaint or not. I know how to repay back favors to people but my sense of justice is telling me not to. I'm really conflicted right now since I still have the chance to not push through with this.

PS: The degree of the said crime is between mild and moderate but it's not been done via physical contact but it's still unethical for an educator given I'm an educator myself.
ImageImageImageImage

Artist. Indie Game Designer. Graphic Designer. 3D Hobbyist.
My VN Project: Last Cycle's Vision / Status: Slowly Active

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4211 Post by Caveat Lector »

Do it. No one should ever make you feel uncomfortable in any setting.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4212 Post by Rinima »

Agreed. I would encourage you file that complaint.

ArachneJericho
Regular
Projects: Kaguya Hime
Tumblr: mousedeerproductions

#4213 Post by ArachneJericho »

Same here. *hugs*

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4214 Post by DaFool »

Lumella wrote:I'm currently conflicted right now.

I voiced out a complaint against a professor for sexual harassment that happened 2 years ago. I didn't report it immediately because a lot of things are on the line during that moment. I just learned today that there was a circulating rumor regarding the said faculty about the formal complaint that I'm about to file against. Thank goodness my name was never mentioned in the rumors and only very view people know that I'm involved in it.

Nevertheless, I'm currently conflicted because the said faculty tried to make amends with his actions by helping me pass the subject during the most important time of my college life, my external defense for my thesis. However, his actions has caused a great deal of unnecessary anxiety to me, which is one of the contributing factor why I had to constantly repeat the subject before. Also, it puts all my hardwork and credibility as a professional throughout college life in question because of the incident.

I'm already writing a list of pros and cons whether I should pursue this formal complaint or not. I know how to repay back favors to people but my sense of justice is telling me not to. I'm really conflicted right now since I still have the chance to not push through with this.

PS: The degree of the said crime is between mild and moderate but it's not been done via physical contact but it's still unethical for an educator given I'm an educator myself.
A few years ago I had one employee complain about sexual harassment regarding another employee. Okay, we (the board) told her, let's pull up all evidence against him and destroy him if he deserved it under the full extent of the law. But then the employee backed off and said she was kidding. Turned out it was a failed flirting attempt. Both employees are out now but the unease they left behind with the remaining employees lasted quite a while.

Be very careful. Only you know the full extent and details of the incident to judge if it will be worth it.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4215 Post by Morhighan »

Started a new job. We're under new management, so I just got hired. One girl has been there since last year.
The first time she rolled her eyes and huffed and stomped her feet and made a face when I asked her to do something, I thought she was joking. After the fifth eye roll-huff-stomp combo, I realized she was serious.
I'm working with a two year old trapped in a 20-something's body. How obnoxious.
The new management doesn't want to remove her because she was here last year and has seniority over the people who have complained because she treats everyone this way.