Programming the GUI

Discuss how to use the Ren'Py engine to create visual novels and story-based games. New releases are announced in this section.
Forum rules
This is the right place for Ren'Py help. Please ask one question per thread, use a descriptive subject like 'NotFound error in option.rpy' , and include all the relevant information - especially any relevant code and traceback messages. Use the code tag to format scripts.
RavenBelmont
Regular

Programming the GUI

#1 Post by RavenBelmont »

Hello there ladies and gentlemen! I'm here to ask for advice regarding implementing a GUI on a renpy project. The thing is that I currently have an artist working on a GUI for a project of mine but I haven't really learned how to make it work.

I know that the artist will send me all the files necessary for me to make it work and have the game looking pretty, but I was wondering if any of you might be willing to help me understand how to do it.

Are there any tutorials or guides regarding implementing GUIs? Somebody can explain me how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

Re: Programming the GUI

#2 Post by storykween »

Try taking a look at this thread by Aleema: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?p=127273 I have found it useful while customizing buttons and menu layout.
My website: woodsy-studio.com

RavenBelmont
Regular

#3 Post by RavenBelmont »

Thanks! Will definitely check that out! :)

Kaen
Regular

#4 Post by Kaen »

It's gonna help you a lot if you learn screen language as well so you don't have to use imagemaps.

RavenBelmont
Regular

#5 Post by RavenBelmont »

Wonderful! That's quite a lot to read and it's gonna be really helpful! Thanks a lot, guys!