★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome] - [ DEMO DL ] - QP5

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

Re: ★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome] - [ DEMO DL ]

#76 Post by Didules »

If a love interest dies, it would be better to continue the story, I think. If the player wanted to flirt more with him, well, he/she did the wrong choices, so it may be his/her fault :P
After all, it is your choice: do you want your game to be a simple otome game or a game based on the story you imagined and its consequences?
Besides, Lisette is an interesting MC with her own personnality, so she's a character on her own and we're also following her story (alongside with the guy's story), if the game stopped because the love interest dies, it's like forgetting about her (at least that's how I think).
I guess that if the love interest in the end we can't say it's the best ending ever, but at least let's not make it a simple "game over, he died, you made the wrong choices, XD" or something like that...

A long answer only to say: yes I want the story to continue :D

Good luck, because still, 5k words is quite a lot... ^^

Kristi78968

#77 Post by Kristi78968 »

✖ Was the info-dump too much, esp. at the prologue?
It was fine. I actually liked the amount of information given. I mean, it's a visual novel so I'm used to a lot of text! :)
✖ Was Lisette's angst believable? I've heard multiple opinions on this.
Do you mean at the beginning? In my opinion, she faced death like it wasn't a problem. :(
✖ Any suggestions for the full VN?
Although it certainly isn't needed, I would like to have the option to be able to choose my own name. (I can't some pronounce names for crap.) XD
✖ What are your thoughts on the demo?
I liked it for the most part. :D
✖ Anything else?
Hopefully once I'm not busy, I can actually do videos on this when it fully releases! It looks very interesting. :D

Kristi78968

#78 Post by Kristi78968 »

lemonscent wrote: ❥❥ So this question is important because it could mean a difference of at least 5k words.[/color]
If a love interest dies, do you want the option to continue with the story? Or do you just want a game over?

YES! This would make this VN stand out a lot.

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#79 Post by lemonscent »

@khfan12 - Yeah:) Going mad over revenge was something I wanted to explore, although I'm not totally sure how that will work out.

@didules - LOL right. And yeah, I totally agree about the consequences, etc. Also, you're right - 5k is a lot. The idea's pending for the most part, so I might end up scrapping the whole death thing altogether, but overall I probably shouldn't make it 5k words lol. Maybe anywhere between 0.5k and 1k?

@Kristi - Thanks for the comment:) and ooh! You mean a Let's Play? I love those! You should definitely make one if you have time ;o Don't forget to give me the link! I might add an option to change names, but I'm not totally sure, since a few characters nickname Lisette. Examples are "Liese" and "Lissy", and if you get to name her, the nicknames would just be so out-of-place.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Kristi78968

#80 Post by Kristi78968 »

lemonscent wrote:@Kristi - Thanks for the comment:) and ooh! You mean a Let's Play? I love those! You should definitely make one if you have time ;o Don't forget to give me the link! I might add an option to change names, but I'm not totally sure, since a few characters nickname Lisette. Examples are "Liese" and "Lissy", and if you get to name her, the nicknames would just be so out-of-place.
Yep, a let's play! :)

Ah okay. At least I won't mess up when pronouncing the nicknames XD

lemonscent
Regular

Re: ★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome] - [ DEMO DL ] -

#81 Post by lemonscent »

Blargh, super late response, I was on vacation. && okay, great xD Is it Minho you have trouble pronouncing?
★Remembrance - a WIP

Kristi78968

#82 Post by Kristi78968 »

lemonscent wrote:Blargh, super late response, I was on vacation. && okay, great xD Is it Minho you have trouble pronouncing?
Yeah XD

lemonscent
Regular

#83 Post by lemonscent »

His name is pronounced just like this (click the play button). Otherwise, I don't care if you butcher his name and call him minnow LOL.
★Remembrance - a WIP

Kagura
Regular

#84 Post by Kagura »

I.. just played the demo, it was pretty awesome, ^w^ I can't wait to play teh full one!!!

I can do voice actings and help with the story~
Just message me if y'need help c:

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#85 Post by MioSegami »

Stalking this! :)
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

sonorousgem
Regular

#86 Post by sonorousgem »

Hello! I played the demo so now I feel obligated to answer these!
Well, I'm an impatient reader and I get bored easily, so I was a bit squirmy through parts of it. :p It was well-written, though.
Yes. I thought it was easy to sympathize with her, and the way you wrote it made it even more so :)
Uhm... I can't think of anything... ^.^"
It was good... ^.^" I liked it all in general. The music was pretty effective.
✖ Anything else?
Nope~ sorry, not very good at offering suggestions/criticism XP

Minari Cipher
Regular
Projects: Seasons of Love, The Dare to Gamble, Halloween Otome (Beta Tester)

#87 Post by Minari Cipher »

Played the demo time to answer some question. ^^,

It was just enough to know about the game plot and characters.

Uhmm... 90% believable (for me that is). X3

Nothing really, I know it's gonna be great. :)

It was fun. I like it. :mrgreen:

✖ Anything else?
Good luck finishing this VN and I'm watching this thread.

♥ If a love interest dies, do you want the option to continue with the story? Or do you just want a game over?
Continue, I want to know what will happen to Lisette. Will she take revenge for her beloved and other stuff that will happen to her. XD
Seasons of Love (Little Helpers)
The Dare to Gamble (Writer)

lemonscent
Regular

#88 Post by lemonscent »

I just wanted to tell everyone I'm really sorry for my lack of updates. I finished correcting the demo and everything ages ago, but I think the artist helping me got busy? In any case, things have been way hectic with school and extracurriculars, so I think I'll put SR on hiatus for a while. I'll be back of course, probably once summer break returns, although I may be back with a different project. If I do decide to pursue a different project, however, that would be a pity since I have all the endings, plot points, etc. figured out... so I'll probably stick with SR. One thing for sure is that when I return, I will be paying for at least a part of the art fees, which (in my case, because I'm poor) does guarantee that I will finish the project, whether it be this project or a different one.

Again, I'm really sorry both to people who have critiqued the demo and those who have helped to proofread the script. I'll be back for sure :) And I may or may not make a really, really short NaNoRenO project in the near future.
★Remembrance - a WIP

gamerotaku

#89 Post by gamerotaku »

i really want to playthis game when will it be finished?? please tell me i want to kow :D :cry:

Bouki
Regular

#90 Post by Bouki »

I had the demo downloaded for quite some time but didn't get to play it until today. And boy, was it good. Writing is my first priority about games, and this one surely had top-notch writing. Seeing as you didn't update for such a long time (it even seems like the maker of this game stopped logging in D:), I guess you dropped the project, but I still wanted to bump it 'cause even if it's a demo, I think it's still really is good. I want to thank you for writing this since it succeeded in making me feel sad over some fictional characters' futures, it was impressive. I feel sad thinking about probably maker is not even going to see this, but well. Just wanted to comment, this demo deserves it. Now I'll just go to the corner and cry about the Minho route we could have had.