Black Rosette PROJECT CANCELLED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Black Rosette[GXB][otome]UPDATE 18/07/2014 PG 9

#136 Post by Ran08 »

Oh my gosh, I really can't wait for this anymore! Hahaha. I'm happy there's an update, thank goodness. :)

They all look so beautiful~ And of course, the story is just so... omooo. Haha. I think this visual novel will be one of my favorites when it finally comes out. Hahaha. :D

Good luck! :) Keep up the amazing work~!

shilkefair
Regular
Completed: Winter Bliss~meeting you~
Projects: Black rosette [VN], Selene

#137 Post by shilkefair »

@Ran08
Ran08 wrote:Oh my gosh, I really can't wait for this anymore! Hahaha. I'm happy there's an update, thank goodness. :)

They all look so beautiful~ And of course, the story is just so... omooo. Haha. I think this visual novel will be one of my favorites when it finally comes out. Hahaha. :D

Good luck! :) Keep up the amazing work~!
yeah, it's been a long time since ive update, but don't worry my goal is to release the demo by the end of this year, i hope :)

-----------------------------------------

just a sneak peak of the characters, you guys probably already saw this but i add another 2 characters one of them is Salju and one of them is...you'll find out later :D
as you can see that chester sprite will use the formal attier but for chester and kain they both will still wear the original costume before this one in the game, so don't worry for those who love to see chester in his hood he will still wear it in the game.
and i re new Salju's sprite as well to match the other sprites :)

So for the story, it will not be a big change to the original plot, what changes are: Background story, characters Background, The relationship between the characters and the goal at the end of the game. and i will probably change Alisa's age too, haha
Last edited by shilkefair on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#138 Post by Ran08 »

Yay! That's awesome. Haha. I'm looking forward to the demo. :)

The art is really so awesome. *drools over the handsome guys*

I wonder... why did you change the character backgrounds though...? Haha. =)

CatyCats
Regular

#139 Post by CatyCats »

Yay updates ~
The update of Cull, Alisa and Taika are wonderful! The colors of Taika are a lot brighter now and the clothing is wonderland-like but only in your version :D
I'm glad you still keep the clothes of Chester and Kain :o , I mean I just love his hoodie, otherwise I won't see his cat-ears :3
And Salju looks a bit of an angel :o (without the wings haha). And the other guy looks myterious o_o

Bouki
Regular

#140 Post by Bouki »

Oh holy rainbow-puking unicorns, they look so good in that uniforms. I am glad you are keeping the costumes for Chester and Kain, I liked Chester's hoodie (because who doesn't love hoodies?) and Kain's first outfit seemed both original and beautiful. Cheshire Cat was my favorite character in the book, that's why I'm so interested in Chester, but seems like all of the characters would be worth playing, so good job again!
Think twice before releasing the demo, because we will just keep crying over how awesome it is and how we can't wait for the full game :D Jokes aside, I really look forward to your demo! Hope everything goes smoothly and you manage to release it according to your plan ^^

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#141 Post by try10 »

I am really looking forward to play the demo. Keep up the good work! :)

Dhachii
Projects: One Wish

#142 Post by Dhachii »

Waaah, the art is simply beautiful. Droools~Im really excited to play the game now. ^___________^
Goodluck!

halcyon

#143 Post by halcyon »

Wow, the art is beautiful, the logo is gorgeous, and the premise seems engaging *__*
Looking forward to the finished game :'))))

shilkefair
Regular

#144 Post by shilkefair »

@Ran08
Ran08 wrote:Yay! That's awesome. Haha. I'm looking forward to the demo. :)

The art is really so awesome. *drools over the handsome guys*

I wonder... why did you change the character backgrounds though...? Haha. =)
haha thanks^^
well coz i added Salju to the story and his background story have an important part in the game so i have to change a few character background, like chester, cull, kain and the queen. but their relationship is still the same :)

@CatyCats
CatyCats wrote:Yay updates ~
The update of Cull, Alisa and Taika are wonderful! The colors of Taika are a lot brighter now and the clothing is wonderland-like but only in your version :D
I'm glad you still keep the clothes of Chester and Kain :o , I mean I just love his hoodie, otherwise I won't see his cat-ears :3
And Salju looks a bit of an angel :o (without the wings haha). And the other guy looks myterious o_o
Gald you like it :D
Kain & chester cloths will be upgraded to match the theme :)

@Bouki
Bouki wrote:Oh holy rainbow-puking unicorns, they look so good in that uniforms. I am glad you are keeping the costumes for Chester and Kain, I liked Chester's hoodie (because who doesn't love hoodies?) and Kain's first outfit seemed both original and beautiful. Cheshire Cat was my favorite character in the book, that's why I'm so interested in Chester, but seems like all of the characters would be worth playing, so good job again!
Think twice before releasing the demo, because we will just keep crying over how awesome it is and how we can't wait for the full game :D Jokes aside, I really look forward to your demo! Hope everything goes smoothly and you manage to release it according to your plan ^^
everybody Loves hoodie :D
chester costume will be upgraded a little color wise i think :)
well for the demo i'm not so sure when i will release it, but i hope it goes well, may be in a near time i will release a 20-30 minutes demo :) but don't count on it 8)

@try10
try10 wrote:I am really looking forward to play the demo. Keep up the good work! :)
Thanks for the support!

@Dhachii
Dhachii wrote:Waaah, the art is simply beautiful. Droools~Im really excited to play the game now. ^___________^
Goodluck!
Thank you very much!:D and wait for the demo! :D

@halcyon
halcyon wrote:Wow, the art is beautiful, the logo is gorgeous, and the premise seems engaging *__*
Looking forward to the finished game :'))))
Thank you so much!:D
Last edited by shilkefair on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

shilkefair
Regular

#145 Post by shilkefair »

Just another update:

so i've change the color scheme on Kain and made his cloths a bit darker than the first one. his cloths now much more fit the theme, and i think that the game is becoming dark. yeah, a dark theme...

they are sub chara, they both work under cull, they replace Chester as the 3rd General, kain spot is till empty coz his rank is high.
Last edited by shilkefair on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#146 Post by AsHLeX »

Ah! First of all, I would like to say that your art is amazing! *I was brought here because of winter bliss actually, love it by the way*
I would definitely play the game (when it comes out) :D
Good luck with it!
*I'm still sort of obsessed with salju so I guess I kinda hope to see him appear here(?)*
Good luck!! :D
*sorry I can't offer any advice, I'm bad at that*
New demo out 24/12/23!!

snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

#147 Post by snowflakes »

Thom and Tam look very cute... I have a problem with twins *¬*.

CatyCats
Regular

#148 Post by CatyCats »

Cool! Another update! :D
Aaah the colors are sure brighter and the clothes has been improved! I want his hat! The eyes are more ...clearer? I mean you see more that they have 2 different eye colors like red and green, and as for Fion gray and blue. It matches! It's not realistic of the shadows, but that makes to be honest more your style of art and also more Alice In Wonderland. Even the theme is dark, you made the characters brighter. I'm glad about that! Well your first ones are nice too but improvement are always welcome!
Can't wait for your story! Also all the lovely games would probably out in 2015 or something... I'll be in college/university/... (don't know what's called in english,and it's different if i translated )...study....getting 2 hours less sleep...sigh

Eight Rooks
Regular
Projects: Mirt (chapter one)
Tumblr: therookshavereturned
Deviantart: EightRooks

#149 Post by Eight Rooks »

This is quality artwork, IMO. Some really nice character designs. The proportions are great and there's an impressive amount of detail. I like the colour palette you're using a lot - it's colourful without being too bright or saturated, and the artwork seems... soft around the edges? but not washed out or indistinct. The simple watercolour style in the backgrounds seems to fit pretty well, too. There's enough detail there it doesn't look bland, but it's simple enough it focuses your attention on the characters.

I would probably say that visually Kain seems like your weakest design, at least from the art on the first page. That hat and half-coat thing just doesn't really do it for me - all the others seem to have a much stronger... visual signature? I look at them and think "White", "Blue", "Red", "Long coat", etc. Kain I just think "hat" and it doesn't quite seem to work. But it's probably just me.

Your character outlines don't really seem to have enough detail at this point to make them stand out for me, but I don't mean that as a bad thing - I don't really get interested in VNs over things like "the bad boy", "the quiet one", "the smart one" etc. I certainly don't see anything wrong with any of them though. It seems like there's a decent mix of personality types and I'm sure it'll keep fans happy.

The premise seems fine to me. Nothing wrong with reworking fairytales or classic stories - it's been done a lot but that's not a bad thing and you seem to have some idea how to make it work (you're not copying a ton of things outright, you've got a sizeable cast, your outline for the narrative seems to be keeping the important bits but adding plenty of room for melodrama and intrigue and such).

Oh, and I agree with everyone who's said the logo looks great. Overall it seems very promising. Some really impressive work already and you seem to have a good grasp of what you're doing (the fact you put out that short KN while you were still working on this would seem to back that up, too :) ).

shilkefair
Regular

Re: Black Rosette [GxB][VN] main page changed!

#150 Post by shilkefair »

@AsHLeX
AsHLeX wrote:Ah! First of all, I would like to say that your art is amazing! *I was brought here because of winter bliss actually, love it by the way*
I would definitely play the game (when it comes out) :D
Good luck with it!
*I'm still sort of obsessed with salju so I guess I kinda hope to see him appear here(?)*
Good luck!! :D
*sorry I can't offer any advice, I'm bad at that*
Thank you very much!
yes, salju will appear in Black Rosette^^

@snowflakes
snowflakes wrote:Thom and Tam look very cute... I have a problem with twins *¬*.
Yeah, they are :D

@CatyCats
CatyCats wrote:Cool! Another update! :D
Aaah the colors are sure brighter and the clothes has been improved! I want his hat! The eyes are more ...clearer? I mean you see more that they have 2 different eye colors like red and green, and as for Fion gray and blue. It matches! It's not realistic of the shadows, but that makes to be honest more your style of art and also more Alice In Wonderland. Even the theme is dark, you made the characters brighter. I'm glad about that! Well your first ones are nice too but improvement are always welcome!
Can't wait for your story! Also all the lovely games would probably out in 2015 or something... I'll be in college/university/... (don't know what's called in english,and it's different if i translated )...study....getting 2 hours less sleep...sigh
yes, the sprite has been improved and the eyes as well^^
I'm aiming to release a demo by the end of this year so that everyone can play 30 or 40 minuets into the game and know what it's going to like :)

@Eight Rooks
Eight Rooks wrote:This is quality artwork, IMO. Some really nice character designs. The proportions are great and there's an impressive amount of detail. I like the colour palette you're using a lot - it's colourful without being too bright or saturated, and the artwork seems... soft around the edges? but not washed out or indistinct. The simple watercolour style in the backgrounds seems to fit pretty well, too. There's enough detail there it doesn't look bland, but it's simple enough it focuses your attention on the characters.

I would probably say that visually Kain seems like your weakest design, at least from the art on the first page. That hat and half-coat thing just doesn't really do it for me - all the others seem to have a much stronger... visual signature? I look at them and think "White", "Blue", "Red", "Long coat", etc. Kain I just think "hat" and it doesn't quite seem to work. But it's probably just me.

Your character outlines don't really seem to have enough detail at this point to make them stand out for me, but I don't mean that as a bad thing - I don't really get interested in VNs over things like "the bad boy", "the quiet one", "the smart one" etc. I certainly don't see anything wrong with any of them though. It seems like there's a decent mix of personality types and I'm sure it'll keep fans happy.

The premise seems fine to me. Nothing wrong with reworking fairytales or classic stories - it's been done a lot but that's not a bad thing and you seem to have some idea how to make it work (you're not copying a ton of things outright, you've got a sizeable cast, your outline for the narrative seems to be keeping the important bits but adding plenty of room for melodrama and intrigue and such).

Oh, and I agree with everyone who's said the logo looks great. Overall it seems very promising. Some really impressive work already and you seem to have a good grasp of what you're doing (the fact you put out that short KN while you were still working on this would seem to back that up, too :) ).
Whoa, thank you for the comment! :D i don't know what to say :D
the first design of the character is outdated i've renewed them in the front page^^
for the character, the hardest one to design was Kain and chester actually, haha
over all thank you for the comment! :D
Last edited by shilkefair on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.