Memories of Summer Winds [BxG] [Romance][Tragedy][Dem Feels]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
BlueB
Regular
Projects: Forbidden Arms

Re: [UPDATE] Memories of Summer Winds [New Logo PG-8]

#121 Post by BlueB »

Loving the main menu! Nothing says "get ready for an adventure" like an open book!
Hey, I'm on deviantArt! Currently doing commissions.

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#122 Post by Googaboga »

I agree that the new logo is excellent. And that title screen is fantastic.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#123 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

I just put in a good word for you on my DeviantArt page. I do not have many watchers, but it may get you some more, well deserved support. The menu looks truly fantastic! That landscape is particularly eye-catching to me.

Christophoodle
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#124 Post by Christophoodle »

ShojiAmasawa wrote:I just put in a good word for you on my DeviantArt page. I do not have many watchers, but it may get you some more, well deserved support. The menu looks truly fantastic! That landscape is particularly eye-catching to me.
Dude that's awesome. Thanks so much for your support man - means a lot from all of us! Let us know if there's any way we can return the favour apart from constantly praising your logo-making skills haha

Thanks to everyone on the compliments thus far! Direct your praise Shoji's way! Project's really starting to come together now. Can't wait to have a demo to show you guys sometime hopefully soon.
Writer for the Blue Sphere Group. Current project: Memories of Summer Winds.

thelovebat
Projects: Kendo Crush!

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [BxG][Romance][Drama]

#125 Post by thelovebat »

Christophoodle wrote:
WickedRaccoon wrote:This sounds promising. I like the character sprites,they look so professional and the plot is something you rarely see around here,so it triggers my curiousity :3
Will be checking this out,wish you guys good luck! :D
Thanks mate. We're working with an amazing team, and we're all very much on the same page - it's nice to not have to explain concepts to Kato or Kanin because they both just get it. Thanks for the kind words so far!
Those are the best kinds of artists in my opinion. The ones you know and trust well enough that when you explain things to them and converse with them, they always have a good feel for what you're thinking and understand what it is you're trying to get across to them. And you trust their judgment and that they'll be able to execute the different ideas and themes you have down on paper without having to worry about the little nuances being done with the right flavor to them.

I'm glad you guys have those kind of artists on board cus the art is fantastic and after reading your post I think it's easy to understand why. I'm glad that I myself found that kind of artist to do work on my own characters. It's really refreshing that I'm able to converse with them when it comes to my ideas like we're both not having to worry whether the other "get's it", we're both just people like anyone else and it's not something that they're doing just because it's a 'job'.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#126 Post by Kato »

Alrighty! It's been a while but everyone has had their break now and we are on the hunt for more artists and team members once more, so please look forward to a bunch of updates coming your way!

In other news, Tina Kim has uploaded her own mix of our song 'Dreaming of You'. As the official singer for the song and the voice actor of our character, Hitomi, I urge you all to go check out her amazing singing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohqSZwM ... _683719511

Thanks guys!
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Chocopyro
Regular
Projects: Keepsake: Orison of the falling leaves
Organization: Patchwork Novels

#127 Post by Chocopyro »

Why have I not seen this game project yet? I've been sifting through thousands of Otome/Yaoi games all week to find a project like this!

-sets up camp and starts reading obsessively through all the posts-

But seriously, it looks fun so far! And of course ShojiAmasawa always seems to make the best logos. I'm having trouble taking my eyes off of it.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#128 Post by Kato »

:lol: Thank you for the support! Yeah, we went through a lot of hassle trying to find a logo that captured the feel of the game, thankfully Shoji came through and saved the day :)

Anyway, since I'm here I guess I'll update with a sneaky sneak peak of one of our in-game sprites!

I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks! :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

Re: Memories of Summer Winds [BxG] [Romance][Tragedy][Dem Fe

#129 Post by pickle131 »

My gosh! The art style is adorable yet not so much though that it can't be taken seriously. I love it!
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

Chocopyro
Regular

#130 Post by Chocopyro »

I love it! I mean like I'm no artist, so I can't judge art like those with a trained eye can, but I see no imperfections in the anatomy and I like the colors! The art style kinda looks familiar though, and I can't figure out why. Has Nobutsuna (I'm assuming is the sprite artist since that's who's listed on the front page) drawn for other projects before? Might just be my dejavu acting up again, since I can't really think of anything that comes to mind. XD

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#131 Post by Kato »

Thank you, thank you :) I'm not 100% sure of the top of my head if 'Suna has sprouted another project or not yet. Though, staying true to our original style, she's managed to emulate our concept artist's (Kanin) style amazingly spot on, so perhaps you've seen Kanins work on Kendo Crush maybe?
Image Image

Chocopyro
Regular

#132 Post by Chocopyro »

Ah, yes, I've definitely seen the Kendo Crush kickstarted, so that's probably it.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#133 Post by Akitsuki »

It's so beautiful! I like the sprites art and the backgrounds, they are sparkling~ The menu looks great too!
Keep up the great work and good luck!

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#134 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

(Responding to a few posts up) Oh Kato, you are too kind! Really exciting to see how this is turning out.. The art is looking fantastic! Incidentally, Kendo Crush was another project I did the logo for!

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran

#135 Post by Kato »

:lol: The second I saw the logo I knew it was one of yours, Shoji. I'm not sure what it is but all your logos, aside from being awesome, have a certain... Shoji-ness to them :lol:.

It's great to hear positive feedback about the sprite style! I will systematically be updating with more examples but I'm hoping to have our intro movie finished before too long so please keep an eye of for that coming through! :)
Image Image