Valentines otome [GxB][VN] RELEASED!!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ishvke

Re: Valentines otome [GxB][VN]

#16 Post by Ishvke »

15385bic wrote:Questionable is cute in my book.
i'm not sure i can call Mira cute ^^'
Lol I think she's cute so it's ok.
15385bic wrote:Also Daire is the most attractive,
YES~ the type i like in otomes ;P
but I like Kiron personality-wise.
yeah the nice guys T^T - the type i'd like in real life
Haha ikr? The dilemmas.
Like in Dandelion I really, really adored Jiwoo,
the little harlequin tsundere bunny,
but I couldn't get rid of the feeling that he was kind of a dick
and irl I'd never go out with him in the first place?
And with Jiyeon, the bipolar kitty, and Jisoo, the emo kitty,
I was like <3 <3 <3 <3 <3,
but at the same time irl I may have ended up taking them to court for harassment
if things had escalated just a little more?
Derp.
(even though I needed a walkthrough for several of them),
I'm more fond of the straight-forward VNs, myself.
So yeah, I'll be perfectly fine without minigames.

they weren't that hard were they? ^^' - plus you did have the option of turning them off
but ok - another tick for straight vn :]
Lol yeah but I'm not lucky lol.
I literally had to try like 10~20 times to get a 5 orz
Also, fully expecting cameos from all 5 of the main characters from HO.
Otherwise I will be very disappoint.

XD LOL - there will be cameos but not sure about all 5 ^^' we'll see how it goes
but wouldn't you kinda want to NOT know who Em's (Halloween's MC) ended up with?
I never said you had to say which one she had to end up with though~
Like I guess they could all show up as close friends or something?
And mira could just be all subtle about it
like "she's dating one of them now blah blah di blah".
or a reverse harem would be cool too
or each of them could appear separately
like daire could be friends with mr wolf or sth
and mira walks across them talking to each other.
or one of the characters could be hiding in one of the cgs,
like a otome-cg-style find waldo cg characters
subtle cameos are still cameos.

let me make a correction though~
fully expecting cameos from at least 1 of the mcs from HO
otherwise i will be very disappoint.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#17 Post by 15385bic »

Ishvke wrote: Like in Dandelion I really, really adored Jiwoo,
the little harlequin tsundere bunny,
but I couldn't get rid of the feeling that he was kind of a dick
and irl I'd never go out with him in the first place?
And with Jiyeon, the bipolar kitty, and Jisoo, the emo kitty,
I was like <3 <3 <3 <3 <3,
but at the same time irl I may have ended up taking them to court for harassment
if things had escalated just a little more?
Derp.
Ditto XD
except the court part.
i love tsuns in games/anime QAQ - but hate then irl OTL
Ishvke wrote: Like I guess they could all show up as close friends or something?
And mira could just be all subtle about it
like "she's dating one of them now blah blah di blah".

let me make a correction though~
fully expecting cameos from at least 1 of the mcs from HO
otherwise i will be very disappoint.
XD - in the prologue we've already mentioned that Ems is dating someone - who ? - we havent written :P
and yup - there will be at least one cameo from HO =3

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#18 Post by Akitsuki »

Ooooh!! Is this Mira the same Mira in Halloween Otome? Nah, that's a stupid question, of course she is LOL
Anyway, you really did a good job on Halloween Otome and I can't help but expecting the best one for Valentines Otome as well!!

1) Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
LOL I don't see why not? Having a bit different MC to play will give variation to the game, and it'd be fun too!

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why :P
I think I'll go with Zane. I don't know, something about his description picks my interest LOL But Kiron looks nice too.

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
Not at all, since sometimes I only focus on the story, not the mini-games. But I'm fine if there is one!

Good luck on the project!!

Mayushima

#19 Post by Mayushima »

Well first of all, I'd like to tell you that I absolutely loved Halloween Otome and its been my favourite otome ever, so I am very excited for this! And to answer your questions;

1. Mira has been my favourite character after The Count, she's so funny and outgoing it makes me want to hug her, so yes, I'm 500% sure I would play this.

2. Zane looks quite like the bad boy aaand I'm weak to bad boys dang it, Daire is kind of cute too. But then again Kiron looks so sweet and nice.. Aghh I really can't decide! can't I love them all ? ;-; seriously though, I will go with Zane because something tells me I'm going to have fun going down with his route~

3. I am absolutely not disappointed in VNs with no mini-games, as long as the story is good and makes me smile, then that is all I need !~

Anyways good luck with this project ! I know you're going to do juuust fine :3

erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

#20 Post by erikoillustrations »

Oh my god. I absolutely LOVED Halloween Otome so this is just aASGJAHDGAJSDK
AND DEAR LORD, A LOVE INTEREST WITH GLASSES.
YES, YES. //AGGRESSIVELY BREATHES HEAVILY

Edit: Also, let me add this.

1. I loved Mira in Halloween Otome so I am EXCITED to play as her. And frankly, I want to play as an out-going and flirty character (because I can kind of relate lololoool). So playing this MC will be a nice change of pace.

2.I am excited to romance Daire because GLASSES (YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, IT'S A VERY UNHEALTHY OBSESSION).

3. As for the mini-games, I don't really mind not having them. I will totally ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT support any of the games you guys make. :D
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]

stayinbed
Projects: Lovetruck Foodtruck, Campus Island,
Organization: Alix Taularedona
Tumblr: alixlepinay
itch: alix-redona

#21 Post by stayinbed »

Love interests with glasses on are the cutest :)
That's why our character Obi has glasses too !

More pics of this cute one please *___*
We are an Indie Studio.
We are producing Campus Island a Visual Novel with a mix of fashion and adventure, cute boys and maybe girls to date, who knows....
Website www.campus-island.net
Tumblr : http://campus-island.tumblr.com/
Facebook : www.facebook.com/CampusIsland
Twitter :@campus_island

--------------------
Meet Felix from ou upcoming game :

tiffmyaaw

#22 Post by tiffmyaaw »

Whoa, hello there! I'm a newcomer in this forum, but i've played some otome games like some of japan's otoges (because well-drawn otome is not much in english) and also some VNs from this site, so when i saw that you're in the middle of making a new otoge project, it has become a little surprise for me 'cause i like the HO game you made :D
And because this game is still in progress right now, so i decided to leave a bit of my opinions here to help you make a better otoge :mrgreen: teehe~

So here we are..
------------------------
[*] Well, a questionable protag can be interesting if it's packed well, leave us a surprising sequences of choices? I hope to see a new unpredictable storyline though :lol: as long as it doesn't always lead to bad ends

[*] To be honest, the protag really catches my eyes :roll: she's cute, unique, and seems like it's fun to be her, unpredictable personality likewise.
So, for the first man, Daire Thurton, the character design is not very new to me, because it happens that some android otome games i've played do have a character similar to him, although i hope he will be a bit different from the normal rigid-workaholic-megane-kun guys..
The one who really catches my eyes besides the protag is Zane Valente, i was always managed to like troubled/troublemaker-guys at the first time somehow (even if i don't know if he was "the one who keeps the secret at most" at the first :lol:), but i don't know if Zane will be like that in the end though, although i hope to see an interesting personality and backgrounds afterwards, just surprise me! :P
The last one, "a loyal friend", how long have they been friends for? and how did they become good friends?? I hope i can find those answers in the storyline, though it gives a nice idea to replace the role of "childhood friends" with "loyal friends" actually :)

3) Are you disappointed in VO having no mini-games? (there may be something that we're adding called M-mode but that's still in the works for now)
[*] Well, if you have a good story and interesting plot, minigames won't really matter. But if you're gonna add some minigames, it would be good if you can relate the situation with the minigames and make it as natural as possible,
like the minigames in "Cafe Rouge" for example (the maker of this game, please let me borrow this to explain what i mean a little bit :oops: ), I like the idea how they served the minigames like when you need to make a tea as the test examination so the protag can be accepted to work in the cafe, the idea is simple and logical, but it still feels so natural like it's really the part of the story. Please don't missunderstand about what I mentioned here. Because it's not like i'm saying that your minigames at HO was bad or anything, but I'm just trying to give an idea of how to serve another kind of nice plot that you can try.
(this is just for a pinch of inspiration i take from the others, i hope it can help you :o)
And that kind of questioning me, but what is M-mode? Sounds interesting, hmm.. :roll:

Note : I'm sorry if making the fonts colorful hurts your eyes, I'm just trying to make it easier to identify the different parts

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by 15385bic »

stayinbed wrote:More pics of this cute one please *___*
pfft - you'll just have to wait i guess :P
tiffmyaaw wrote:Well, a questionable protag can be interesting if it's packed well, leave us a surprising sequences of choices? I hope to see a new unpredictable storyline though
I dont think you'll get the unpredictable storyline ^^'''' - this is more a slice of life sorta story rather than a story with lots of twists
tiffmyaaw wrote:The last one, "a loyal friend", how long have they been friends for? and how did they become good friends?? I hope i can find those answers in the storyline, though it gives a nice idea to replace the role of "childhood friends" with "loyal friends" actually
Corynth(programmer and main writer) is currently laughing her butt off right now - hence why she doesn't answer many questions
tiffmyaaw wrote:And that kind of questioning me, but what is M-mode?
Even i cant sy what M-mode is for now ^^' not sure if it'll work or not yet - we'll see.
aRLegOdDesS wrote:AND DEAR LORD, A LOVE INTEREST WITH GLASSES.
YES, YES. //AGGRESSIVELY BREATHES HEAVILY
YES~~ another megane lover XD
You're gonna love VO then even if its just for the characters and no plot ;D
Mayushima wrote:Zane looks quite like the bad boy aaand I'm weak to bad boys dang it, Daire is kind of cute too. But then again Kiron looks so sweet and nice.. Aghh I really can't decide! can't I love them all ? ;-; seriously though, I will go with Zane because something tells me I'm going to have fun going down with his route~
I you're anything like me and otome boys then YES YOU CAN XD
The best part about romancing pixel men is that cheating doesnt make you feel as bad :P
Akitsuki wrote:LOL I don't see why not? Having a bit different MC to play will give variation to the game, and it'd be fun too!
Yeah i guess - but there are times where me hating the MC can totally ruin the game >_>'. So i assume others may feel the same. Not that I dislike Mira - but i know others that do ^^'

cosmic latte
Projects: Notturno, Project Lovingly
Organization: Iridescence VNs

#24 Post by cosmic latte »

Gah, your art is positively lovely; I loved Halloween Otome so I'm really excited for this one!! I know that feel with backgrounds, though. ;_; My attempts at free-handing backgrounds are pretty atrocious, so I'm also looking towards Sketchup. Anyway...
1) Yes! I like the protagonist, since she seems like a really interesting character. There aren't a lot of otome protagonists like her, so she definitely appeals to me.
2) Zane. I really want to know why he did a complete 180 and became a reclusive writer. XD And Kiron, because I really like his hair, bahaha.
3) Nope. Personally I prefer visual novels without minigames, so that's perfectly okay with me.

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#25 Post by Akitsuki »

15385bic wrote:
Akitsuki wrote:LOL I don't see why not? Having a bit different MC to play will give variation to the game, and it'd be fun too!
Yeah i guess - but there are times where me hating the MC can totally ruin the game >_>'. So i assume others may feel the same. Not that I dislike Mira - but i know others that do ^^'
That happened to me too several times actually. But I'm totally fine playing Mira, I guess.
Just because some people don't feel comfortable playing Mira, you shouldn't feel down, okay! ^o^)/ Good luck!

Cobweb
Projects: My Father's Apprentice
IRC Nick: Cobweb

#26 Post by Cobweb »

1)Would you play this - even if the protag is a little questionable? >_>
Putting how fun Halloween was aside, I would absolutely play this on its own merit. The introduction of a more outspoken and seemingly outgoing character as a protag and not the usual secondary character in an otome is reason enough to at least check it out anyway. I remember being involved in a discussion about the innocence of otome protagonists and although I’m all for more naïve characters they can be incredibly irritating in their submissive nature. Hopefully Mira will be different and more than just a little feisty!

2) Do any of the characters catch your eye? Also why
I’m an awful and indecisive person so I would have to say all of them! If I had to choose I guess it would be Zane. He looks good (I’ve had a thing for silver hair ever since Strawberry Panic – come back to meee Shizuma!) and his storyline looks appealing because I’m guessing you’re going to go into the backstory of why he suddenly became a recluse?

Not disappointed but the inclusion of them in Halloween made it stand out from the usual visual novels and otome I have played. I’d say if you can implement them then do so but considering the writing and art is brilliant I wouldn’t say it was a major loss if you didn’t.

Really looking forward to this game. Best of luck with its creation running smoothly for you both!
Quite possibly a spider.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#27 Post by KittyKatStar »

Oooh, looks awesome. <3

Questionable...? Is there something wrong? She seems great to me. ^o^
The megane... >.>b
Nope, I'm fine with minigames or no minigames. Whatever works well with the story. =)

Good luck with the game. I enjoyed Halloween Otome a lot. ^_^

Alice PH
Regular

#28 Post by Alice PH »

I will! I love Halloween Otome and well, her personailty is kind of similar to someone I know actually xD So yes, yes I will, I will probably play any game you make actually.
I'm sorry but..No, not really. Although Zane(?) caught most of my attention out of the three, I wouldn't say I like them a lot. Maybe because the effect of Halloween Otome is still in my head @.@
Are you kidding? xD I actually love this Mini-games! Others might say it's a distraction but I actually love it a lot <3
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

Erikka
Regular

#29 Post by Erikka »

Looks really good!
But I liked more the potential bachelors in Halloween otome)
In this game I liked Zane Valente :) <3 he is very handsome! His hair is so beautiful :) ... But other two bachelors - they aren't in my taste.(especially Daire, I didn't like him at all. He looks like a very cliched character type).
Anyway, I wish you luck! Halloween otome - was one of the best I've played! I adore your work!
P.s. Mr Bandages - is the best!
And I don't really like mini-games. Hope there will be a way to skip them. I'm looking for an interesting plot and hot handsome characters)
Mira looks very nice! My first impression of her is good! It would be a pleasure to play the game with her being the main heroine)) I like her character!

ChibiShock
Projects: It's Complicated
Deviantart: ChibiShock

#30 Post by ChibiShock »

I am ecstatic to be able to play this game! I like how you added in Mira from Halloween Otome, it makes me feel as if I'm seeing an old friend :D
Zane is the one that caught my eye right off the bat. Secrets are just something that I can't ignore, they must be unraveled at all costs! (Well, almost all costs :) ) As for the other two, I feel I'd almost be overly cautious when it comes to Daire's route. I'd be terrified of ruining his career, so I'd probably end up leaving him to last just because of that. Kiron... I'm not to sure what I think of him just yet... The fact that his nice qualities are nonnegotiable is a definite plus, and if that "secret flame" is Mira it'd be really cute... However, one cannot ignore the possibility that he likes someone else, and when that happens in an otome game, heartbreak is normally somewhere in the future... So I really have no clue ^_^
I like mini-games, BUT! I don't think they're necessary. A VO without mini-games is absolutely fine, as long as the plot is interesting. (But I suppose that's sort of a base requirement with any game, isn't it?)
I can't wait for this to be done! I saw the link in your signature and went, "Wait, what? No way! CLICK!" so needless to say, learning about this game probably just made my day, so thank you!