Skights (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sonya
Veteran
Completed: Café Rouge, Skights, High School Otome
Deviantart: winechan

Re: Skights [NEW Episode 3] (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

#46 Post by Sonya »

It's not final yet, but either episode 5 or 6 there will be another Lysander x Nessie episode :)

I won't give away anymore~

Erikka
Regular

#47 Post by Erikka »

Sonya wrote:It's not final yet, but either episode 5 or 6 there will be another Lysander x Nessie episode :)

I won't give away anymore~

I'm so happy to hear it! Can't wait !!! :mrgreen:

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#48 Post by philip »

Ummm . . . having a little problem here. your story doesn't appear to like my Mac with the Safari browser. When I load it, then click on "PLAY", it goes back and starts to reload again. Have tried a couple of times with the same result. Tried again with Firefox, and everything worked properly. Thought you might like to know.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

#49 Post by snowflakes »

I'm very interested in Skights since I played the first chapter. Keep it up, It's great and I like how you take all the opinions of the users, so you can improve your VN little by little. Thanks for creating such a fantastic visual novel !
Last edited by snowflakes on Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ark99k
Regular

#50 Post by ark99k »

I change my mind about Colin. Cassandra brought out the best in him, he seemed so honest and caring around her.

Sonya
Veteran

#51 Post by Sonya »

@philip
Hi! I'll check up what's up with Safari, and get support for that browser. Just to make sure, you have the latest Safari?

@snowflakes
Yes, they're the 'same' for now, but later on the story takes different turns for each path.

@ark99k
Haha, I'm glad you like him more now, but keep your opinions open! ^^

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#52 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

I got around to playing Episode 2, and I must say, a greeeeeeeeeat improvement from episode 1! I loved it. Nessie had plenty of fantastic scenes, and I'm interested in how the paths will turn up. I will post another comment once I finish episode 3.

Honest Critique

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#53 Post by Ran08 »

Skights III-A was beautiful, hahaha. I loved it. I think I like Nessie and Casey-- I mean Cassandra equally now! Waaaaah~

Also, Colin is starting to become a really... curious character. Haha. :) I wonder what that guy's up to?
However, my gripe with the writing is back! I don't know if it's a personal preference, haha, but... my dear, perhaps you use ellipses way too much? :o Haha, not that it affects the story. The story is still as hooking as the first two episodes.
Anyway, awesome work as always! I loved all the transitions and the animation. Ooooh, so pretty. :D

I can't wait for the next episode! :)

Sonya
Veteran

#54 Post by Sonya »

@Ran08
I'll tone it down next time then. I used ellipsis not for the writing, but for giving room to show changes in facial expressions without saying any dialogue, like films when they show cut scenes of changes in actor's facial expressions, but I guess that technique isn't work quite as well as I wanted to.
Thanks for another another review, I'll definitely work to improve the writing next time :D

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

Re: Skights episode 2 (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

#55 Post by plaster »

Sonya wrote:@plaster
haha, glad to see another Cafe Rouge fan xD
Yesss I did the TV Tropes page for ittt =w=
also Chasing the Moon is kind of my jam now.

Sonya
Veteran

Re: Skights episode 2 (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

#56 Post by Sonya »

plaster wrote:
Sonya wrote:@plaster
haha, glad to see another Cafe Rouge fan xD
Yesss I did the TV Tropes page for ittt =w=
also Chasing the Moon is kind of my jam now.
Omigosh, so you're the person? When I saw the page and read what was below, I was like OMG this is so hilarious. I had to include it with Cafe Rouge's thread ;u;

Thanks SO much for making it, the team and I were so honored!

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#57 Post by Ran08 »

Sonya wrote:@Ran08
Thanks for another another review, I'll definitely work to improve the writing next time :D
Oh, I get it now. Well, then if it's really needed, I suggest you use only three ellipsis points? :) The only reason they got so distracting after a while is that you used too many points in the same sentence. ^^ I'm actually a huge fan of ellipses. Hahaha.

You're welcome! Oh, the writing was good! The... ellipses were my only problem. Haha. :)

tiffmyaaw

Re: Skights (Otome GxB, Fairytale Romance)

#58 Post by tiffmyaaw »

Sonya wrote:It is actually, and worse I'm the only person working on it now. Many people have left because we ran out of funds we saved up from our part time jobs/work study and other people decided to leave and just focus on school. The rest of MY free time is eaten up by college/school, but I try my best to squeeze in whatever time I can into this free game.

So I'm afraid around episode 5 & 6 ish...I'm not sure how many more episodes I can churn out all by myself, especially with no money or capital... haha ^^;

EDIT: BTW, episode/chapter 3 will be out this afternoon *cross fingers* or tomorrow morning~
Ah, you've tried your best for other people's happiness at least :roll: so all your hardwork is worth it :mrgreen:
Thank you, for everything, you're super!! :D
I'll be really waiting for Skights' progress, can't thank you enough because of this game.. ♥
I don't know how can i help though even if i want to :?

Ah, I've almost missed this one because of my busy school days, thanks! I'll play it soon xD
Ran08 wrote:Awww, thank you! You're awesome. Haha.:)Anyways... I forgot to link back a review here! Haha. So... here you go~ The date is from the time I first wrote it, haha, even though I published it late. :DI'm playing Skights III right now! So far so good, haha. Cassandra is my 2nd fave princess. :")
I've read your review!! :mrgreen: and i spoke each words that you wrote when i read it, i don't know why i accidentally do this :lol:
and that "eenie-meenie-miney-mo" thing surprised me a bit cz i've just listened that song some moments ago lol :roll:
I think it's a great review, and enough to make people understand what's the basic outline of the episode..
Unless 1 thing, when you mentioned "Peter from Rhyme or Reason" to help describing PL, make sure you make a few picture of his image (i mean like his character personality or re-mentioned what you wrote when you review that "Peter") or just a sneak-peek of that character you mentioned so people will be more sure about what you mean, or maybe attached a hyperlink at the "Peter from Rhyme or Reason" sentence so people can access the review you made about the character mentioned :D
Well i'm just trying to figure someone who just found your reviews blog, they may haven't read all of your reviews yet (and considering that you've so many reviews in your blog already), so it's important to keep people feels familiar with what you are trying to explain about :)
I'm sorry for my confusing way of speaking :oops: teehe~

Aww, I'm gonna catch up to you too soon, just wait me :lol:
this i all my school busy schedule's fault :cry: *not trying to blame my school though..

Erikka
Regular

#59 Post by Erikka »

Hi!
When are you planning on posting chapter 4?!))
I really can't wait to read it)

Sonya
Veteran

#60 Post by Sonya »

Heeeeeeey, sorry for the delay, here's chapter 4!

http://joilly.com/play?n=xRRRRRRRR5

Unfortunately this time, it's not a full length episode. Due to some unexpected events that happened, I have to put Skights on hold until Winter 2014.
I wanted to at least release some new content of Skights before it went on hiatus so the beginning of Chapter 4 was released today. I am so sorry to disappoint you guys if anybody was looking forward to a full length episode, but since I am the only person working on this series, with no funding whatsoever, not to mention that this is a free game, I couldn't put this as my first priority especially when unexpected events in my personal life come in my way. I hope you guys are patient with me when I do find time again to continue producing Skights. :(