Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
sendo
Veteran
Completed: To Libertad, Diamond Rose, SC2VN, Sickness VN
Projects: eroges!
itch: sendo

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4246 Post by sendo »

Let me rant, please?

I hate that I constantly study and practice art stuff but I still fall to very basic mistakes. It's demotivating when I think I got it under control and it turns out crap, even after repeatedly studying, analyzing, practicing etc. I understand the concept, but my brain and hands refuse to translate it into my work. Then a certain someone who just recently started drawing comes along and easily figures it out. It's such a devastating feeling...
Finished VNs:
Image Image

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4247 Post by Rinima »

Well, I got my official diagnosis for dyslexia today, finally, and my Dad though an appropriate thing to call me as soon as he heard was 'retard'...
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#4248 Post by SundownKid »

Rossfellow wrote:Here's a petty little argument with myself from earlier.

"FFS, I'm not writing an otome game! It's classic Lovecraft-inspired psychological horror!"
“Is the main character a girl?”
"...Yes."
"Does she have a love interest?"
"...Yes."
"It's an otome game."
"F**K"

I don't have anything against otome games of course. It's just that I'm a dude and its pretty weird for me to write one.
It's not really an otome game unless there are multiple love interests.

From wikipedia: Generally one of the goals, besides the main plot goal, is to develop a romantic relationship between the female player character and one of several male, or occasionally female characters.

Unless your game is mainly devoted to the romance between the two.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#4249 Post by sasquatchii »

crestforge wrote:I hate that I constantly study and practice art stuff but I still fall to very basic mistakes. It's demotivating when I think I got it under control and it turns out crap, even after repeatedly studying, analyzing, practicing etc. I understand the concept, but my brain and hands refuse to translate it into my work. Then a certain someone who just recently started drawing comes along and easily figures it out. It's such a devastating feeling...
Everyone learns at different rates and that's OK!

You're getting better and learning every time you practice, it's just hard to see since the progress isn't immediate. Stick with it, keep learning, ask for critiques and try not to be so hard on yourself! As long as you're having fun that's all that matters.
ImageImage

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#4250 Post by Akitsuki »

I just... have no idea about logo I should make for my current WIP game...
While the others' logos are simple yet good looking, I just can't make that kind of logo. I tried to make one yesterday, but it ended up being too fancy and the text is rather hard to read. I plan to draw it, but I can't get the neatness of logo. And I never tried using vector.
Oh gods. I don't even know where to start.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#4251 Post by Morhighan »

I wish I could just finish a game and have it be good. Buuut I'm in the middle of moving five states over. So I should focus on packing. Also the painkillers don't help me in focusing. Ah well.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#4252 Post by Shinoki »

Playing Little Busters and dying because it's too painful... omg, you idiots stop putting up a front and making yourselves the stupid villains.... that's just even more and more and more painful..... not that it's easy to stop.... the emotional pains that Key makes....
I've played the Kud route through, but it was a lot less *gets shot and stepped on* and painful....
By playing the original, it's easy to see how much people leave out in the anime adaptions....waaaaaaaaah..... I'm just like going OTL every 5 seconds.... well, that shows how good Little Busters is

Kensela
Regular

#4253 Post by Kensela »

Been getting worried with every passing day.
My schools financial aid office won't get back to me, and housing wants to put me in a place I can't afford. My old roomate and I are praying that we can be roomates again, but the people in charge of housing keep taking so much time trying to get things in order.

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#4254 Post by JumpJump »

So, I finally decided to finish a picture that I had neglected for some time now (a really long time). Using my newly purchased Copic markers, I went to work, and two have run out, and I'm only halfway through. Three and a half pictures and two markers ran out. I have had pens for over 6 years and are still going. My heavily used black markers have been going since I joined this site, and my Copic markers can barely last four pictures.

I am so close to giving up.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4255 Post by MaiMai »

Copic markers aren't good for heavy coloring especially if you're applying it for large images. They're best used in layers since they have a water-like consistency.

I used to collect Copics, but the thing with markers was that they're kind of hard to master and when you do master them you have to keep purchasing new markers or replacement nibs. For a medium that does have nice color quality, it's a financial drain in my opinion which is why I stopped buying and using them.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

JumpJump
Veteran

#4256 Post by JumpJump »

MaiMai wrote:Copic markers aren't good for heavy coloring especially if you're applying it for large images. They're best used in layers since they have a water-like consistency.

I used to collect Copics, but the thing with markers was that they're kind of hard to master and when you do master them you have to keep purchasing new markers or replacement nibs. For a medium that does have nice color quality, it's a financial drain in my opinion which is why I stopped buying and using them.

You'd think that with the cost of them, they would last a little longer. You don't know of any markers that would fit my needs?
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4257 Post by curry nochi rice »

Speaking of markers, I have sharpies that's probably older than 2 years. I rarely use them and should have given them to my younger (and more creative) cousins... But then sharpies, I feel bad for giving it to them at such a young and irresponsible age.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4258 Post by LVUER »

JumpJump wrote:So, I finally decided to finish a picture that I had neglected for some time now (a really long time). Using my newly purchased Copic markers, I went to work, and two have run out, and I'm only halfway through. Three and a half pictures and two markers ran out. I have had pens for over 6 years and are still going. My heavily used black markers have been going since I joined this site, and my Copic markers can barely last four pictures.

I am so close to giving up.
This is why we go digital ;)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4259 Post by MaiMai »

JumpJump wrote:You'd think that with the cost of them, they would last a little longer. You don't know of any markers that would fit my needs?
Unfortunately, no (although I don't really know your needs or what your goal is art wise or what other materials you use). Prisma markers are very bold in colors and each one is half the price of an individual Copic: http://www.dickblick.com/products/prism ... rt-markers

Like I said though, the cost of art markers stack up quickly compared to other traditional mediums (probably more expensive than those are oil paints or painting materials in general). You might want to rethink making purchases and pursuing coloring from a different and more affordable angle. (Watercolors or colored pencils come to mind if you're sticking to traditional)
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

JumpJump
Veteran

#4260 Post by JumpJump »

LVUER wrote:This is why we go digital
For some pictures, I do my best to avoid digital colouring or manipulation. I guess you can say I'm lazy.

MaiMai wrote:Unfortunately, no (although I don't really know your needs or what your goal is art wise or what other materials you use). Prisma markers are very bold in colors and each one is half the price of an individual Copic: http://www.dickblick.com/products/prism ... rt-markers
My needs are along these lines.
DSC_0098 (Medium).jpg
I'll give the Prisma markers a look.
MaiMai wrote:Like I said though, the cost of art markers stack up quickly compared to other traditional mediums (probably more expensive than those are oil paints or painting materials in general). You might want to rethink making purchases and pursuing coloring from a different and more affordable angle. (Watercolors or colored pencils come to mind if you're sticking to traditional)
Still got my watercolours. I did quite a few things using them. I also have some really nice colouring pencils. Sadily, I don't get that strong tone/colour I'm looking for.