Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4276 Post by Lishy »

Caveat Lector wrote:Stupidity and ignorance are the greatest enemies to the human race.
But the #YOLO tag on Twitter gives us so many hours of laughter and fun! :lol:
-

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4277 Post by LVUER »

mugenjohncel wrote:After 3 years of on and off playing God Eater Burst (PSP), I finally beat the game (my hands hurt)... Why does Shio-Chan have to leave for the moon!? ;_;

Seriously, the farewell scene of Shio blasting off to the moon... it's been a long time since a game moved me very emotionally... I sort of got attached to the characters...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Then it's time to move on to God Eater 2! Or/then buy PS Vita and Freedom Wars (still waiting the English version)... and then we can play together :3
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#4278 Post by Rossfellow »

LVUER wrote:
mugenjohncel wrote:After 3 years of on and off playing God Eater Burst (PSP), I finally beat the game (my hands hurt)... Why does Shio-Chan have to leave for the moon!? ;_;

Seriously, the farewell scene of Shio blasting off to the moon... it's been a long time since a game moved me very emotionally... I sort of got attached to the characters...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Then it's time to move on to God Eater 2! Or/then buy PS Vita and Freedom Wars (still waiting the English version)... and then we can play together :3
Completely unrelated to thread content, but I'm a PSP/PSVita player as well and I love my MH-type games (cleared MH, Toukiden and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, havent started Soul Sacrifice). I've been wanting to check out the God Eater franchise for a while, but since they're not localized properly I dont know where to start.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

SusanTheCat
Miko-Class Veteran

#4279 Post by SusanTheCat »

Restless leg syndrome: I have that too. I'm on anti-spasm medication for it. Potassium helps. (Bananas are your friend)

No call back after interview: I like to think that it was because I was their number 2 choice and they had to see if the first person worked out. :) I did actually get a job this way. The first person quit after a month.

I have a lump on the top of my shoulder near my neck. My doctor thinks it is a lipoma (non-cancerous fat lump) I have to wait 6-8 weeks to get a scan to find out what it is. Meanwhile, by left arm keeps going numb. :( (This is just me dispelling stress by whining.)

In the meantime, anyone want to buy a house in Canada? http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails. ... d=14628400 (Yes, that is my house)

Susan
" It's not at all important to get it right the first time. It's vitally important to get it right the last time. "
— Andrew Hunt and David Thomas

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4280 Post by curry nochi rice »

I'm working as a part-time transcriber / article-writer. It seems my client's client is obsessed with UFOs and Paranormal stuff, and as a result I often get assigned with Coast to Coast AM related stuff.

It's starting to influence my projects somehow.... making it a bit more absurd. ;_;

Also, related to this issue, is the payment method. My client uses Skrill which I think only a few artists use as a payment method. Welp I hope I can use my funds in it, otherwise it's all but a waste.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#4281 Post by Lishy »

curry nochi rice wrote:I'm working as a part-time transcriber / article-writer. It seems my client's client is obsessed with UFOs and Paranormal stuff, and as a result I often get assigned with Coast to Coast AM related stuff.
Oh man, I feel bad for you.

Well, at least it's CtC and not David Duke crap. David Duke and his fellow "White-Genocide" conspiracy theorists, are some of the only few people I actually openly blast.
-

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#4282 Post by thebackup »

Wonder if there's a firefox addon where you can block yourself from certain sites.

There's this certain site that can really get me worked up in a negative way, but at the same time it's so addicting. I really need to take a break from said site.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#4283 Post by Applegate »

Best thing to do is exercise self-restraint.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4284 Post by Rinima »

SusanTheCat wrote: No call back after interview: I like to think that it was because I was their number 2 choice and they had to see if the first person worked out. :) I did actually get a job this way. The first person quit after a month.

I have a lump on the top of my shoulder near my neck. My doctor thinks it is a lipoma (non-cancerous fat lump) I have to wait 6-8 weeks to get a scan to find out what it is. Meanwhile, by left arm keeps going numb. :( (This is just me dispelling stress by whining.)

In the meantime, anyone want to buy a house in Canada? http://beta.realtor.ca/propertyDetails. ... d=14628400 (Yes, that is my house)

Susan
Meh, it doesn't matter now, I got another job so all is cool.

I've had one of those before, 7cm x 10cm on the back of my neck. That's odd that the doctor couldn't tell, it's usually pretty easy to diagnose :\ If it is a lipoma, don't expect them to remove it, unless you have spare cash laying around and/or it's cause a large amount of emotional distress (and that's only in the UK I think, not sure how it works where you live), it counts as cosmetic surgery.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4285 Post by curry nochi rice »

Lishy wrote:
curry nochi rice wrote:I'm working as a part-time transcriber / article-writer. It seems my client's client is obsessed with UFOs and Paranormal stuff, and as a result I often get assigned with Coast to Coast AM related stuff.
Oh man, I feel bad for you.

Well, at least it's CtC and not David Duke crap. David Duke and his fellow "White-Genocide" conspiracy theorists, are some of the only few people I actually openly blast.
:lol: I read wiki articles about UFO stuff but I'm totally wtf about CtC's guests and callers in general.

:cry: Also, let me pour this here since this is a "Get that thing off your chest" thread. I remember posting here (almost a year ago) about a girl I like. Well I managed to get into a relationship with her but then two months later; she just vanished into thin air... without a word. That was a time when I thought I won't be hating Augusts anymore but.... Well.. I think I still do hate (maybe dislike) Augusts.
It all started during my first year in college. I thought I was the only person in my HS batch who took I.T. Turns out there were 4 of us. One of them was a former member of my scouting outfit. Yes I was a boy scout, and she was one too. Though we weren't in the same class, I tried to make my schedule meet hers. I found out that she was spending her time in the same internet cafe as I am. We didn't really bother with each other's business at first but it changed after we both played COD4. I was rather shocked on how good she was in game. I mean I don't get to see a cute girl owning a whole internet cafe every day but I am now :oops:.

I started noticing my feelings for her soon after... maybe it was just puppy love... or just a fleeting feeling of admiration. It was made certain one day in August. It was their anniversary. I knew there was something off about this girl and her friend. It was like they were in a romantic relationship... but then they actually were in one.
I still remember that day.... It was raining hard. I was playing COD4 with a common friend but I totally lost it, I left the cafe without saying a word.

I don't remember what I did after that day. I don't remember talking to her. I do remember just walking aimlessly around the university. The rainy August weather even made it more unbearable, but then every time it rained I remember that she doesn't have an umbrella with her so she would probably get horribly went. Heck, this is probably why I also started liking rainy weather.

Months passed by and it was already September. September means semi-finals here, and the much awaited intramural (which offers grade incentives to students as long as they join an event). She was playing basketball again like what she does during high school. The basketball event was to be held inside the campus... regardless I was particularly not inclined to watch any school activity and so went ahead to volunteer as some sort of team manager. I was hitting two birds with one stone. I could be away from the campus, and avoid the dreaded sign-in/sign-out attendance system.

I continued avoiding her until finals. It was only that time that I could talk to her again since she needed help with her webpage project. I was rather astonished that she didn't really noticed the way I acted since the last time we've seen each other.

Finals was soon gone and second semester started. We were classmates this time... and this time I was sitting next to her. I continued to hold my feelings because, well they are still in a relationship. Her girlfriend was also my classmate in high school... which made things... kinda fucked up for me since she refers to me as father figure. It was not soon afterwards that her gf started calling me for her problems with her. Well.... I had to be neutral so I just advised her as-is. Occasionally I would get depressed from this and just ignore them both for days (and only to apologize in the end).

This ignore-apologize cycle continued on and on. It looked to me as if she doesn't care, or she doesn't really want to disturb me, or she shouldn't just enter other people's businesses but hey we're friends.. or so I think we were.

Fast forward to my second year in college. It was another August. They were both saturated with one another. We were all classmates in one minor subject and I got the chance to be in the same group as her... It was my chance to personally talk about their relationship. At first I realized it was really salvageable, but looking back at it now... It could have been worked out. After advising both parties to break up (despite giving me bad taste about it)... they did. They could have reached two years by then but no.

So it was just the two of us left. Her ex ignored us for months. It was even worst when she discovered that I had feelings for her then gf. Heck she even had our common friends ignore us. So we were stuck with each other... My classmates regularly tease us for it but she just brushes it aside... I, on the other hand was going further head over heels.

this is too long actually, so imma tl;dr it.
tl;dr version:
>Confessed to a girl 3 times, got rejected 3 times, still became her friend until third year when I totally ignored her. Became friends again in my 4th year of college, but I wasn't in-love with her like I was. It was also during my 4th August in college that I became acquainted, and fell in-love with a girl 3 years my junior. This junior made my usually miserable August shining.... but then she vanished. Ever since then I thought nothing good ever comes out of Augusts.

;_; I must be immature to be disliking a certain month this much. :oops:
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#4286 Post by Reikun »

thebackup wrote:Wonder if there's a firefox addon where you can block yourself from certain sites.

There's this certain site that can really get me worked up in a negative way, but at the same time it's so addicting. I really need to take a break from said site.
Funnily enough, there is.
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

Roxie
Regular
Projects: Assess K, Mizuchi
Organization: Aikasa Collective, Altabe Studio
itch: aikasacolle

#4287 Post by Roxie »

So I'm trying to get into 3 Masters programs, one program has been a huge thorn in my side since the application process. I pretty much had to take two extra classes (College Algebra and College English) because they didn't accept my UCLA undergrad courses. Apparently taking AP Calculus BC and scoring a 4 didn't qualify, and the math class I took didn't count because they considered it "stats" when it was part of a fast calculus series. Also scoring 800/800 on the GRE for math wasn't good enough either to prove I know "college algebra". Then the make up English class is a basic level writing course, but they wouldn't accept the writing course I took previously even though it was an upper division writing class. Now this is my fault from my lack of detailed reading, but then I find out that they won't take my chemistry+lab courses cause they expired beyond the 7 year limit, pretty much eliminating 5 of my courses. I'm unable to apply to that program for probably 1-2 years since I'd have to make up 8 classes to meet their pre-requisites. All this while the other programs available have a 10 year or no limit to courses expiring. SCREW IT I don't like your program! My friend didn't even like the interview process when she interviewed there as well.

The bright side, perhaps I don't need the two extra classes and will get it refunded, returning $1200 to my parents. This leaves me with only one class to take for the remaining two programs pre-req, freeing up my schedule to look for a job or work on my game (super yay!). I also have a first batch interview with my number 1 choice program and my odds look pretty decent. Ah mixed emotions all around. More pressure to get in but maybe it is for the best.
ImageImage
Assess K (VN Adventure Game) LSF Thread | Mizuchi (GxG VN) LSF Thread | Honest Critique
[Proofreader, Beta-Tester]
Razz Art Visual - Starlight Vega [Co-writer]
Roseverte - Cafe-0, Duplicity, East Tower, How to Take Off Your Mask; Bakufu - Love Sniper
Zeiva Inc. - Train of Afterlife, OASE, X-Note, Area-X, Voices from the Sea, Natural - Beyond Nature, Dragon Essence, Anicon - Cat

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4288 Post by Caveat Lector »

I'm feeling a bit disillusioned over my past fanfics. I feel like while they were nowhere near as bad as the sort of stuff I wrote as a pre-teen, at the same time they're still kind of choppy and meh. Part of me is strongly tempted to give them a serious do-over, but I also wonder if it would be best to just leave them as they are.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#4289 Post by Caveat Lector »

Oh God, not Robin Williams... :(
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4290 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Caveat Lector wrote:Oh God, not Robin Williams... :(
Yeah, me too. I think we're all grieving right now. *hugs*
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain