Quantum Conscience (Sci-Fi Drama, Romance)[GxB][BxG][BxB]...

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

Quantum Conscience (Sci-Fi Drama, Romance)[GxB][BxG][BxB]...

#1 Post by storykween »

I am proud to announce the release of my new game, "Quantum Conscience!"

*** PLOT ***

Within a galaxy of terraformed planets, a secret war rages between two intergalactic agencies. One of them—ARCHON—is developing the technology to invade people’s minds. They have already tyrannized a planet called Teballai, and hope to use their mind-reading technology to spread their power across the galaxy. A second organization—FOE (Freedom Organization of Elites)—wants to destroy ARCHON’s technology in the name of freedom. When a young FOE soldier (you choose the gender) named Blaire obtains the ability to read minds from an ARCHON experiment, she finds her loyalty torn between both sides. Whether Blaire helps the enemy or defeats them depends upon your use of her power.

*** WATCH A TRAILER: ***

***ADDITIONAL FEATURES: ***
You can choose whether the main character, Blaire, is a man or a woman. The game has four major endings, and each one of those endings has many more plot variations within it.
Lengthy soundtrack (Listen online)

***SCREENSHOTS: ***

Downloads for Mac, PC, and Linux computers:

***Credits:***
A game by Woodsy Studio

Script, Character Art, & Music by Jenny Gibbons
Backgrounds by Michelle Hagewood & Jenny Gibbons
Story & Game Design by Jenny Gibbons with consultation from Malcolm Pierce
Programming Assistance from “CheeryMoya” & FunnyGuts” (twinturtlegames.com)
Sounds Effects from Bluezone Corporation & Adobe Audition Sound Library

I'll be releasing the game for Android soon, at least once I figure out how to configure in-app purchases. I look forward to hearing what you all think!
My website: woodsy-studio.com

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

Re: Quantum Conscience (Sci-Fi Drama, Romance)[GxB][BxG][BxB

#2 Post by kersplode »

This looks great! I loved your last game and I couldn't wait to play the demo, but when I downloaded it and tried to change the volume of the music so it was muted I got this error...

Still very excited to play it, though! :D

EDIT: Attachment removed because it was fixed. Thank you!
Last edited by kersplode on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hachiko
Regular

#3 Post by Hachiko »

OMG new game from you!!! <3 So EXCITED :o

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim

#4 Post by storykween »

@ kersplode:
I am so sorry you got that error! I have just uploaded new versions (both demo and full) in which that bug should be gone. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Shmittens

#5 Post by Shmittens »

I just finished playing the demo and had to go buy the game!

I'm liking the story a lot so far =)
I'll come back when i finish the game

GreyLadyHelenaR
Regular

#6 Post by GreyLadyHelenaR »

I'm in love with this game! DD1 is a cutie, I want her for myself. :P I have one question, though: is there gonna be a walkthrough or a guide of sorts? 'Cause that would be awesome and really helpful.

storykween
Regular

#7 Post by storykween »

@Hachiko: Thank you :D I hope you enjoy this one as much or more than Serafina's Saga!

@Shmittens: I'm glad you're enjoying it, and thanks for saying so!

@GreyLadyHelenaR: I'd like to have a DD1, myself 8) As for a walkthrough, I'll be posting a skeletal guide on my website within the next few days. My preference is that people play through naturally (at least the first time) without taking premeditated steps. However, I understand the desire for some guidance (especially so you can have an idea of all the different possibilities) so I'll post a basic walkthrough very soon.

**EDIT**: A walkthrough has now been posted: http://woodsy-studio.com/QC/walkthrough/ but I hope that you will only use it after you've played through the game at least once :mrgreen:
Last edited by storykween on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#8 Post by pocoscon »

This game is awesome, but I'm a bit confused about the relationships. I like the whole idea of reading thoughts, and it's unique and fun, but the relationship aspect is just confusing. Any tips?
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

storykween
Regular

#9 Post by storykween »

@pocoscon: Your relationship with the characters depends on how often you read their minds. Certain characters respond well if you read their minds often:
SPOILER ALERT!
(Veramus and Mierol).
Others will grow further and further away from you the more often you intrude on their thoughts:
(Amalek, Korah, and Crain).
The traits you select in the beginning (charming or short-tempered, etc.) also affect your relationships but only to a minor degree (might get you some extra points, but won't necessarily make or break a romantic relationship).
Last edited by storykween on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#10 Post by pocoscon »

storykween wrote:@pocoscon: Your relationship with the characters depends on how often you read their minds. Certain characters respond well if you read their minds often:
SPOILER ALERT!
(Veramus and Mierol).
Others will grow further and further away from you the more often you intrude on their thoughts:
(Amalek, Korah, and Crain).
The traits you select in the beginning (charming or short-tempered, etc.) also effect your relationships but only to a minor degree (might get you some extra points, but won't necessarily make or break a romantic relationship).

Thank you so much :mrgreen: . That really helps ^^.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

kersplode
Regular
Projects: Keep On Creepin' On

#11 Post by kersplode »

So after playing the demo I had to go out and buy the full game, and all I can say now is: WOW.
The writing, the story, the characterization--everything was just so good it sucked me in! Also, I really like the unique gameplay in that you have no choices other than using the void, and yet as a player, I don't feel powerless.

Excellent game!

Questions:
I got ending 4 where I kept the void, and by what Grey says at the end, am I right to assume there's a sequel planned? :o And also: can I romance Crain? He's the most attractive character to me, but I ended up killing him, and I didn't see his romance listed in my play stats (used the void 644 times. Oops).

storykween
Regular

#12 Post by storykween »

@ kersplode: I am so glad you enjoyed it :D
I really like the unique gameplay in that you have no choices other than using the void, and yet as a player, I don't feel powerless.
It's a big relief to hear that, because my strange gameplay system felt like a gamble sometimes (I knew it might turn away some players), but I hoped it would be unique enough for most people to enjoy.

To answer your question:
Indeed, there aren't any romance options for Crain ... but if I ever do make a sequel in which he's alive, perhaps I could work something out :P No plans as of yet though ...

bellice
Veteran

#13 Post by bellice »

Question before I try it: Do I HAVE to play a specific gender to romance one of the characters? Like, is one of the guys or one of the girls only romancable by a female MC?

storykween
Regular

#14 Post by storykween »

@bellice: Nope, gender won't affect the relationships!

bellice
Veteran

#15 Post by bellice »

storykween wrote:@bellice: Nope, gender won't affect the relationships!
Great, thanks! That's all I needed to know. :D *gets to downloading the demo*