Slumberland Demo[Magic, Mystery, Young Teens Romance]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Slumberland Demo[Magic, Mystery, Young Teens Romance]

#1 Post by Donmai »

rock03.jpg
Alice lives in a universe where some persons are blessed at birth by Mother Nature with the gift of a special magical power. In fact, all her family was blessed at birth. Alice's father had the power to heal other people (but not himself). Alice's mother can magically find lost people (sadly, the poor woman herself suffers from myopia and is always losing her glasses, which makes her life a bit difficult). For some reason, Alice decided she doesn't want to be a magical girl. On her 15th birthday she plans to say it to her fairy godmother, so her magic will be taken from her and she will become a common girl. But before that, a mysterious boy started to haunt Alice's dreams. Alice was destined to become a magical weaver of dreams, so her godmother suggests that, before renouncing to her magical power, she makes use of it to try to find out who is the mysterious boy in her dreams.
cast.jpg
On the above picture, from left to right: Alice, Lee, Tyler, Carrie and Javier.

Day one is complete, and you can play it now. There are five possible routes on this demo and each one will have two endings on the complete version.
javier_dance_02.jpg
I create my VNs just for fun and usually I like to pretend I am able to do everything: concept, story, graphics, music and programming. One thing I am definetely unable to do is to write an English text without assassinating Grammar several times. Sorry for that. Please, bear in mind that the text was written by a non-native English speaker, and that it will be edited/proofreaded before the final version.
alice_lee_street6.jpg
school_lobby_01.jpg
Attachments
Slumberland-Demo-all.zip
(77.36 MiB) Downloaded 533 times
Last edited by Donmai on Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: Slumberland Demo[Otome, Magic, Mystery, Young Teens Roma

#2 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Javier can dance?!! :0 that's awesome~ The idea of this vn is very interesting! Alice is super pretty and I'm excited for the final release :) good luck
i'll cry if you yell at me

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers

#3 Post by Donmai »

silverpikachu99 wrote:Javier can dance?!! :0 that's awesome~
alice_javier_ballet.jpg
In fact, they say he's destined to become the greatest dancer since Vaslav Nijinsky. Dancing is no problem for him, his only problem is that his partner of choice is a girl that is not a bad dancer, but she needs to have much more self-confidence.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by philip »

Finished the demo - I'm hooked! When will there be MORE??
philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Donmai »

Thank you!
philip wrote:When will there be MORE??
philip
Well, I was working on three projects at the same time. Thanks to your help with "Toire No Hanako" they are now only two :) . Currently, I'm spending most of my time working on "The Maker", which has nothing to do with the young teens universe of "Slumberland". "The Maker" is something like an Azimov/Clarke/Talmud inspired sci-fi thriller, a robots story. When one of my muses goes away for a moment I run to the other project.

Well, I believe nearly half of "Slumberland" is already done (the demo has less than a third of the whole story). Now I'm seeing that nearly all the images I posted here are from day two, that is not a part of the demo. Sorry for that, if someone was expecting to see those ballet scenes on the demo (they aren't there, as Alice never goes to Bauza School on Mondays).

If things keep going on the same pace they are, I hope "Slumberland" will be ready by October. Maybe. I hope so. :)

PS.: How's my English going?

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philip »

@ Donmai

Your English in the second release of Toire No Hanako was much improved. The few things I noticed were certainly nothing that would detract from the understanding of your wonderful story. In any event, should you desire my assistance on any of your new efforts, I will be more than happy to help.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

silverpikachu99
Veteran

#7 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Hey! I just downloaded the demo and I must say- I loved it!!! :) The character art was very nice, and so was the story. Except for the few spelling errors which I'm sure you'll fix up for the final release- I look forward for this to be completed!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Donmai »

Silver, are you a boy? I have to ask this because I'm seeing a mistery in this thread: it is about a romantic GxB story, written by a boy... and so far (after more than 30 downloads) only other boys commented here. If no girl is interested, I'm assuming I did it all wrong. Should I quit this project? :lol:

silverpikachu99
Veteran

#9 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Donmai wrote:Silver, are you a boy? I have to ask this because I'm seeing a mistery in this thread: it is about a romantic GxB story, written by a boy... and so far (after more than 30 downloads) only other boys commented here. If no girl is interested, I'm assuming I did it all wrong. Should I quit this project? :lol:
Me? BOY?? Woo do I seem manly to you? :0 *facepalms* Nah I'm a girl :) I feel like I just failed as a girl though lol. Either way, just because mostly boys have enjoyed it so far, doesn't mean you should stop the project all together! It's the fact that people enjoyed the game is all that matters. If boys like it, it doesn't matter right? Not all girls need to play GxB stuff anyway :) Come on- don't quite the project!!

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Donmai »

silverpikachu99 wrote:Woo do I seem manly to you? :0 *facepalms* Nah I'm a girl :)
Hahaha. Sorry if I made you feel upset, but nicknames and avatars can be very misleading. :) In fact, I was only kidding when I talked about quiting the project. Well, girl, you made my day!

I was becoming a little paranoid, I have to admit. :lol:

silverpikachu99
Veteran

#11 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Donmai wrote: Well, girl, you made my day!
I was becoming a little paranoid, I have to admit. :lol:
woo thanks :) I'm glad~
Thank god you were only kidding! :0 No need to feel paranoid! Your last game was awesome! Just keep goin with the flow. Good luck ^-^

Ina

#12 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Donmai »

Thank you, Ina (I was needing that.)! :D
Still working on day 2, and Javier's route (if Alice can still remember him).

As for your question...
That's a secret. I will tell it just for you :wink: : I work with 3D software to create my scenes and characters, then I postwork the non-photorealistic renders, drawing some extra figures and details over them. It's the camera work, the lighting setup and the tweaking of the surface shaders that gives the graphics that distinctive look.

Ina

#14 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Donmai »

Ina wrote:how about making a banner and telling how to put it in one's signature so that people can check out this adorable project? :D
Sorry for taking so long to answer. In fact I never made a banner before, so I had to learn how to do it... :oops:
Thank you for the suggestion. I sent you a PM.