Where the Wind Travels [GxB][Otome][Fantasy][Free]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

Where the Wind Travels [GxB][Otome][Fantasy][Free]

#1 Post by Crystaline Spade »

Alrighty, then!
This is my post for the work in progress Where the Wind Travels.
I plan on releasing it for free! But we have yet to decide on the release date...
And the tumblr for the game is here.
I'm still looking for other helping hands if you're interested. One of the biggest concerns at the moment is the lack of BGs!
Please help out by asking those who may be interested in doing the BG art, just remember there is no payment other then credit where credit is due. I hope you take a shine to the project!

Sheridan is a young girl with no memory prior to the age of 13 when she was found by a young boy near a dangerous forest. 4 years have passed since then and during that time she searched for clues with no luck. Until she arrives in a village where a group of travelers are preforming. Her luck begins to change... What awaits her? What will she see? Will she find what she searches for or something more? Maybe she can unlock the truth behind this world...

Characters!
Sheridan
The protagonist of the story. She loves music but, is embarrassed by her singing voice and gets nervous whenever she plays an instrument. But she dances just fine. She's very kind-hearted and compassionate toward those around her. But she can be very naive and curious which often gets her into trouble. For some odd reason she can't remember before she was 13 and has no memory of a family. She considers Adair to be like an older brother. She's been very spoiled by Adair so at times she'll act like a spoiled child. She's very picky and tends to complain if she's forced to do anything that involves physical labor. She rarely thinks about her memory and considers it a minor detail.

Adair
He found Sheridan at the edge of a forest when she was 13. He tries to always be aware of his surroundings making him seem as though he's suspicious of others. He usually doesn't get angry but, when he does you best be warned. He's skilled at physical labor and cooking. Usually smiling as long as Sheridan is happy. His size and glare intimidates some people. He's very awkward when it comes to delicate things and tends to be too blunt at times. But he is a caring person who looks out for others. He loves Sheridan and thinks of her as something other then a sister.

Calum
He travels with a large group of performers. He's skilled at singing and playing the flute. Much like Sheridan he has no memory from before he was 13. He was adopted by the man in charge of the traveling group and treats him as though he were his father. His main duty in the group is cooking and he takes great pride in his cooking skill. He's pretty care free and at times things seem to go over his head. He hates being forced to do something and believes he should have a choice of whether or not he'll do it. Considers Boynton to be his closest friend.

Elgin
Looks way too similar to Calum and the way they talk is similar making it quite disturbing. He was taken in by a supposed 'knight' who taught him how to use a sword. When he was 15 the knight disappeared one day. He now searches for clues to his past and believes Calum and Sheridan may lead him to the truth. He has a strong sense of loyalty and always makes his feelings known. A little stiffer then Calum. He also acts cold toward those he first meets due to lack of interaction during his upbringing. The only exception to this is Calum. At times he has trouble understanding peoples feelings. He tends to think about many things when left alone. He has a number of skills that help him survive on his own.

Boynton
He travels with the group and is the younger brother of Mabina. Though they look nothing alike they are related by blood. He has a very calming aura to him and always has a slight smile. For the most part shows little emotion but, when he reads a story he can get carried away. He enjoys writing songs and stories. He's so calm but, sometimes he honestly doesn't care about what's going on around him. Tends to be hanging out with Calum more then anyone else.

Torrey
One of the travelers. In charge of finding places to preform, keeping up with everyone's health and transportation. Most in the group consider him to be the real leader. He tends to always be smiling and never shows how he really feels(he does that to make sure he doesn't worry the others). He cares deeply for the group and always wishes to travel with them. When he isn't acting as the leader he feels more like a caring older brother.

Mabina
A dancer who acts like a mother to the main character. Is very calm and enjoys spoiling others. She has a really bad sweet tooth and if you don't watch her the traveling funds tend to 'disappear'. She is Boynton's older sister and cares deeply for him.

Kentigem
Leader of the group and Calum's father. Most unreliable in the group. He loves to travel and that was the main reason he started on this groups journey or at least that's what he says. In the beginning it was just him and Calum though. But the group didn't really become what it was until Torrey joined. He tends to wander off on his own and at times is rarely seen. Has no sense of duty. Probably one of the worse choices to be leader. Enjoys drinking but can't handle more then a glass.

There are also 4 more characters!
Farrel
He travels with Glenn and acts like Glenn is his superior even though he's older. He hides his horns but doesn't hate them. He enjoys sleeping and looking at the stars. So, you often find him staying up until late hours at night and sleeping well past noon.

Glenn
He's a seer missing his left eye and claims to know about everything even though he looks so young. Trying to lift the world's curse. He was like Sheridan, Calum and Elgin but regained his memories of his past life within a year. He cast a spell then that removed him from the world's influence. This allows him to act more freely, able to interfere when others can't and nulls the curse but, he stopped aging and has a limited life of just 20 years. Is usually with Farrel but, sometimes abandons him when he wants to be alone.

Phelan
A mercenary with no jobs and an attraction to Sheridan(He's attracted to Sheridan because he can sense that she's different then others but, not in a romantic way. He is literally attracted to her, meaning he tends to naturally head to where she is.). He tends to go out of his way to help others. He is skilled at combat, has good instincts and can sense when something bad is going to happen.

{Not Final}
Deirdre
A young girl traveling because she was bored. She'll often wonder off. Tends to act cold to others. Has a greater understanding of the world then Sheridan.

Game Features!
-8 potential romance interests
Adair, Boynton, Calum, Elgin, Torrey, Farrel, Phelan and one secret character!
-Multiple Paths
Where almost every choice you make could change the course of the game and effect the ending!
-Multiple Endings
A large range of unique endings involving more then just a happy ever after with your lover!
-Gallery
With of course, CGs!
-OST[Original Soundtrack]
I'm not 100% sure but, I hope that all music in the game will be original.
-GUI
Made just for this game!

I hope to reveal more info about the game and the planned demo in the near future!

Group:

Writers
Crystaline Spade
dreamy
Midori-chan

Artists
Sprites- soraibi
Logo- CrimsonMoon

Composers
Dennis Kellum- e-mail: dkillerkellum@gmail.com
Progress:
Story
Chapter 1
Planning: 100%
Writing: 25%

Chapter 2
Writing: ???

Chapter 3

Chapter 4
Planning: 95%

Chapter 5
Planning: 70%

Chapter 6
Planning: 50%

Chapter 7
Planning: 45%

Chapter 8(Endings)
Planning: 5%

Sprites
Sheridan Main- Complete
Adair Main- Complete
Calum Main- Complete
Boynton Main- Complete
Torrey Main- Complete

I'm not real good with numbers but I'll try to post in such a way you can see the progress.
I'm not sure when we'll finish and I don't have a specific release date in mind.
Please bare with me. This is the first project I've planned on my own...
From Spade
Last edited by Crystaline Spade on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

hiroshi

Re: Where the Wind Travels [GxB][Otome][Fantasy][Free]

#2 Post by hiroshi »

This all sounds very interesting n.n I was wondering how lengthy do you plan on making "Where the Wind Travels" ?

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#3 Post by Crystaline Spade »

At this point I feel it's a bit too long and I'm in the process of redoing and cutting things out so, I can't say with absolute certainty... As of right now I have the story in 8 sections with character routes splitting around sections 3 & 4. Since I'm working a bit slower then I wanted it's hard to say but, I'll try to get a more specific answer ready soon. I can say that it's longer then I originally intended. I hope you don't mind the lame answer...
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

hiroshi

#4 Post by hiroshi »

Aha, it's not lame. Taking your time to perfect something is also a great thing

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#5 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I've updated the information slightly but still...
I hope no one thinks I haven't planned enough.
I have guts and I plan on seeing this game through to the end!!
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#6 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I haven't shown anything as far as art is concerned but here's an image for Sheridan.
By the way does anyone know how to add these pics to the main post and have them inline with the text?
Attachments
This is the Sheridan example
This is the Sheridan example
Last edited by Crystaline Spade on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

champignonkinoko
Regular

#7 Post by champignonkinoko »

Nice bg! Are you working on other art assets now/writing? Can we see the other characters? ^^

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#8 Post by Laiska »

Crystaline Spade wrote:By the way does anyone know how to add these pics to the main post and have them inline with the text?
Upload the images to a separate host, such as Imgur or Photobucket or Tumblr, and then use the [ img ] tags to post the images in the post, using their url:

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.website.com/image.png[/img]

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#9 Post by Crystaline Spade »

To champignonkinoko: Thank you! I really do enjoy the bg artist artwork. At this point most are still in the sketch phase and aren't complete enough for me to want to show. If I showed them all right now then you'd be subject to my sketches which aren't that great if you ask me. But I will post them later on so you can get a better idea of the characters. :)

To Laiska: Thank you for the info!

I'll add a uncolored Adair sketch so, you can see more.
Attachments
adair.jpg
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#10 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I've added a few more bg images.

I'm still looking for writers. So, if you're interested just PM me.

From Spade
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#11 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I've updated Sheridan. And changed a few minor things in the info but, that's barely noticeable...

What I want you to notice is...
There are 4 more main characters not listed in the current WIP.
They're 3 boys and a girl but, that's all I can say at the moment.
I hope to reveal more in the near future!

I'm still looking for people willing to help.
In desperate need of writers. So, please contact me via PM if you're interested.

From Spade
Last edited by Crystaline Spade on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#12 Post by Crystaline Spade »

Here are some more character sketches but, remember they're still a bit rough...

From left to right Boynton, Calum and Elgin

I hope others become interested in this project!
From Spade
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#13 Post by Crystaline Spade »

There's been an update to Adair's sketch. There are some details missing and it hasn't been colored but, I hope you get a better idea of the character this way! I'll post the final version when it's done as well.

From Spade
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#14 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I've added more sketches!
Also I revealed the 4 other characters (mentioned earlier) names and 3 sketches!!
Hopefully I'll be able to put up more info soon.

From Spade
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

Crystaline Spade
Regular

#15 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I've updated the character information and would like to add one more thing.

Aodhfin- Can freely control flames and skilled with the sword.
He is the final main character of the story but his role and info is to closely related to the story plot and I won't be able to reveal anymore...

From Spade
Last edited by Crystaline Spade on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)