Clearwater Crossing [Otome] (Open Dev)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Clearwater Crossing [Otome] (Open Dev)

#151 Post by Ferdokki »

Ooh, looks like lots of fun stuff! =D

Hmm, have you considered maybe adding dancing to the Beach Party?

I see you have some "?" (question marks) on the walking area for the summer part. Maybe...walking along the shore, walking in the water (I guess that'd be wading? Is that close enough to be walking?), or walking...away from the shore. Like if there's a road or something, you could walk there.
You might also consider maybe putting some little beach shops, like the ones that sell trinkets maybe? (ex: seashell necklaces or bracelets, cute clothes or flip flops, seashell baskets, or giant seashells. The stores close to where I live like to sell voodoo dolls, but idk if you would want that in your shop xD)

Idk, just throwing some ideas at you.
*throws something. It accidently hits you in the head. I cry and sit in the corner.*
='(

iuliamaria
Tumblr: ughhable.tumblr

#152 Post by iuliamaria »

Oh wow! You have made so much progress since the last time I looked at this topic ^.^ I am amazed at how good everything looks :o. Also I am really really really happy that you decided to add that tracker >.<

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#153 Post by Kingv »

Ferdokki wrote:Ooh, looks like lots of fun stuff! =D

Hmm, have you considered maybe adding dancing to the Beach Party?

I see you have some "?" (question marks) on the walking area for the summer part. Maybe...walking along the shore, walking in the water (I guess that'd be wading? Is that close enough to be walking?), or walking...away from the shore. Like if there's a road or something, you could walk there.
You might also consider maybe putting some little beach shops, like the ones that sell trinkets maybe? (ex: seashell necklaces or bracelets, cute clothes or flip flops, seashell baskets, or giant seashells. The stores close to where I live like to sell voodoo dolls, but idk if you would want that in your shop xD)

Idk, just throwing some ideas at you.
*throws something. It accidently hits you in the head. I cry and sit in the corner.*
='(
Thanks! Dancing might be a good thing to add to the beach party. I like the idea about the beach shops though. Would it be weird to say a voodoo doll shop sounds like the perfect thing to add? The game is set in the southern part of the USA. There are many people who believe in voodoo and witchcraft so why not a shop. If anything it would lead to some interesting dialog when the characters choose to visit it. Thanks for the ideas! Luckily my head is pretty hard so I'll be ok if you throw anything at me!^^
iuliamaria wrote:Oh wow! You have made so much progress since the last time I looked at this topic ^.^ I am amazed at how good everything looks :o. Also I am really really really happy that you decided to add that tracker >.<
Thank you very much! I'm glad I added it in too. It's a very helpful feature.

Not many updates to show this time. Worked a bit on the clothing shop. It's still kind of bare though. Also redesigned Percival who works at the shop. His back story changed just a little bit but he's basically the same. He and Abby have a longstanding grudge against each other
Attachments
clothingStore.jpg

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#154 Post by KittyKatStar »

Oooh I love the clothing store.

I always look forward to the updates, you're doing awesome. ^o^

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#155 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Ahhh everything is looking so good <3 I espically like the man-abs within the clothing store/the catchy name haha :) keep up the great work!! All the best. And, I also hope you add the voodoo shop, espically if it's in the South. I remember passing a "Vampire Essence" shop in New Orleans >>" Surfice to say it was a different experience.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Kingv
Veteran

#156 Post by Kingv »

KittyKatStar wrote:Oooh I love the clothing store.

I always look forward to the updates, you're doing awesome. ^o^
Thank you so much! You guys always make my day when I post updates! Makes me excited to share any new things going on with the game. I'll post more updates to the clothing store as I add things to it.
Hazel-Bun wrote:Ahhh everything is looking so good <3 I espically like the man-abs within the clothing store/the catchy name haha :) keep up the great work!! All the best. And, I also hope you add the voodoo shop, espically if it's in the South. I remember passing a "Vampire Essence" shop in New Orleans >>" Surfice to say it was a different experience.
Thanks. The store certainly has some questionable posters hanging up. It was modeled after a mix of a few trendy boutiques I recently visited as well as a brief jaunt in an Abercrombie & Fitch store. ^^
I'm pretty sure I'm going to add it in. I bet there were quite a few interesting/frightening things in there.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#157 Post by Ferdokki »

Lolol, Abercrombie & Fitch stores are just...lmfao. xD)))

Yay, you didn't get annoyed by my suggestions! ='D
And lol, yeah, I live in Texas (though I'm actually from New Jersey), and yeah, the voodoo dolls are soooo popular. =) In fact, I have 2, and my little sister has one. n__n
So yeah, if you're wanting to add the voodoo dolls to the shop, I think that'd be a super cool and interesting idea! ;D

(Btw, I love that pic of the clothing shop! It looks so cool! I'm so excited to see the rest of the game! =w= )

Kingv
Veteran

#158 Post by Kingv »

Ferdokki wrote:Lolol, Abercrombie & Fitch stores are just...lmfao. xD)))

Yay, you didn't get annoyed by my suggestions! ='D
And lol, yeah, I live in Texas (though I'm actually from New Jersey), and yeah, the voodoo dolls are soooo popular. =) In fact, I have 2, and my little sister has one. n__n
So yeah, if you're wanting to add the voodoo dolls to the shop, I think that'd be a super cool and interesting idea! ;D

(Btw, I love that pic of the clothing shop! It looks so cool! I'm so excited to see the rest of the game! =w= )
I know, they are the epitome of pretentiousness in my eyes lol.
Of course not, I really like them! I had no idea they are that popular. Now I must have voodoo dolls as well. Still working on filling up the clothing shop but it's getting there.

Speaking of which here's some more info about it's owner. MitchiRue Thibodeaux-LeCroix is the owner of jux·ta·po·si·tion and works there along with Percival. She's 31 years old and is originally from New Orleans. She is also Remy's cousin. Here are some excerpts from two scenes she's in so far. Given her heritage Mitchi does speak with a thick accent so let me know if you guys can still understand what she's saying. I didn't add a spoiler tag because it didn't really seem needed.

U=???(unknown speaker)
N=Narrator
A= Abby
MR=Mitchi
P=Percival

First time you meet her and Percival at the clothing store.

Code: Select all

U"So. Did you fail out of college or just come back here to bask in my glory?"
N"I quickly turn around to see a man looking down at me smugly. I don't know who he's talking to and look around the store then back at him curiously."
A"Exscuse me, but I think you have me confused with someone else..."
U" Hardly. I'd know your overly freckled face anywhere Abigiail Bartlett."
N"I'm a bit taken aback at his rude comment but he seems to take it in stride. Clearly enjoying my confusment, he casually flips the hair out of his face as he simply smirks at me. I'd know that arrogant, self absorbed, hair obsessed face anywhere."
A"*sigh* Hello Percival. "
P"Hmph. As if you didn't know. Who else you know always look as flawless as me?"
N"Ah...I guess he doesn't count being self centered as a flaw. Not that I'm surprised."
P"You didn't answer my question though. Why are you here?"
A"It's a clothing store. I obviously came to shop. But besides all that, I don't think I have to give you any answers after you insulted me and my freckles."
P"It's not my fault if your freckles are unsightly. I wouldn't be caught dead walking around like that."
U"Is that so? How bout I dock ya pay one dolla fer every freckle on her face an' then maybe ya can tell me how ya really feel bout them."
P"Er..."
U"I thought so. I'd say there are some customers over by tha mens jeans section that need some help. If'in dey keep starin at you I reckon dey eyes will near bout pop out dey sockets."
N"With one last huff and hair flip my way Percy turns around and goes to help the two female customers. Once he's there his attitude changes completely and he's back in his element as the duo fawn over his every move, no boubt boosting his already inflated ego skyward."
MR"A shame, really. If only dat boy had a personality that matched his looks! Sorry bout that cher. I know he can be near as mean as a gator stuck in a bear trap if tha mood hits em'."
A"It's okay. Me and Percy have a....complicated relationship."
MR"Ain't surprised. Seems like most people do in regards ta him. Couldn't stand back there an hear him give ya a hard time. Us freckle girls gotta stick togetha ya know. I'm MitchiRue Thibodeaux-LeCroix by that way and dis here is ma shop. But ya can just call me Mitchi since everyone does."
A"It's nice to meet you Mitchi. I'm--"
MR"No need fa all dat. I know ya. Ma cuz Remy works at tha Mayor's office. Dorians' always going on and on bout his little sista. It's nice ta finally put a face with ya name though."
N"A loud giggle breaks the flow of our conversation and we both turn to look at the source of the sound. Apparently the customers have gone from the jeans to the mens underwear section."
N"Percy is taking great delight in showing them how each cut of underwear would look while on a guy as he holds each pair close to his own crotch, much to the delight of his enamoured customers."
N"Mitchi let's out a loud groan as she ruffles her fringe and continues to look on at his behavior."
MR"Lord knows i'd a' fired him long a go if'in he didn't make me so much money! I'd betta go an' get him sorted out before he takes off all his clothes."
N"Mitchi quickly waves goodbye to me as she rushes over to where Percy is helping the customers. Her decision to interfere comes right in the knick of time as Percy takes off his shirt and begins to drops his pants, no doubt in order to show the customers how the underwear look in action."
N"The last thing I hear before I quickly leave jux·ta·po·si·tion is Percy screaming as Mitchi punches him in the back of his head."
Before the Fall Festival when Abby goes to get a costume.

Code: Select all

N"Jux·ta·po·si·tion is packed with people who waited til the day of the festival to buy a costume. The entire shop is in utter chaos as last minute shoppers rush to get whatever they can before the store runs out of clothing. "
N"Percy is at the register surrounded by clambering customers trying to make their last minute purchases while Mitchi runs to and from the dressing rooms helping customers vying for her attention. When Mitchi sees me standing there in the midst of the chaos she quickly comes over and gives me a large hug. "
MR"It's always good ta see ya'! Don't tell me ya came all dis way ta see lil ole me? I'm liable' ta think ya dun gon sweet on me Abby Cake."
A"It's good seeing you too Mitchi but I'm actually here to get a costume..."
N"What?! I'd have thought you of all peoples woulda' planned ahead! Gurl, it ain't nothin' but a mixed up crazy mess here."
N"As if on cue two teenage girls bump into Mitchi as they fight over the last pair of cat ears. Mitchi scowls at them angrily as the pair sheepishly back off and dissolve back into the crowd. "
MR"Tsk! Dem vultures dun' tore the whole store up and ain't even got tha decency ta say excuse me or nothin' when dey bump inta ya. What da world commin' to?!"
A"I'm so sorry Mitchi! It was a last minute thing and-"
MR"Ah, don't mind me none. I know it ain't ya fault. I'll be glad when dis whole mess is ova an' dun wit! It's a good thin' ya came on by. I dunno if we have much left costume wise, but imma see what I got in the back."
N"Mitchi quickly leaves but returns soon enough with a huge grin plastered on her face and toting an armful of garment bags. I'm relieved to see she got back so soon but can't help but notice how the crowd is eying the new additions Mitchi brought hungrily."
MR"Looks like lucks on ya side today Abby Cake.You ain't much bigger than a' tootpick so I'm pretty sure you kin' wear one o' these here costumes. Betta pick fast though. Da vultures are already circlin'."
Attachments
Mitchi_Percy.jpg

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#159 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Everything looks great! I can't believe I didn't find this sooner :) I really like the features of all the awesome things that this game has which is lots of time and fun. The love interests seem like unique and fun as well to explore. I also like your dialogue update and am planning to stick with this game as well since it looks very promising ^ ^
ImageImage

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#160 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Forgive me, but it looks like the character on the left's rear end somehow moved to her thigh . . .
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Kingv
Veteran

#161 Post by Kingv »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Everything looks great! I can't believe I didn't find this sooner :) I really like the features of all the awesome things that this game has which is lots of time and fun. The love interests seem like unique and fun as well to explore. I also like your dialogue update and am planning to stick with this game as well since it looks very promising ^ ^
Thanks!Haven't been making much in terms of updating so my thread had been getting buried but I'm glad you found it! I really appreciate you commenting and hope to hear from you again. Love hearing for everyone.
Mad Harlequin wrote:Forgive me, but it looks like the character on the left's rear end somehow moved to her thigh . . .
No need to apologize. I'm guessing you're saving her butt is too low on her thigh? I'll take a second look at it and see if anything needs adjusting.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#162 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Kingv wrote:No need to apologize. I'm guessing you're saving her butt is too low on her thigh? I'll take a second look at it and see if anything needs adjusting.
It looks like her butt is actually sort of facing the camera when it shouldn't, if that makes sense. Maybe it's the shading that's got me confused.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Kingv
Veteran

#163 Post by Kingv »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Kingv wrote:No need to apologize. I'm guessing you're saving her butt is too low on her thigh? I'll take a second look at it and see if anything needs adjusting.
It looks like her butt is actually sort of facing the camera when it shouldn't, if that makes sense. Maybe it's the shading that's got me confused.
Yup, it's the shading. I didn't do it right and now I see what you mean. Serves me right for not proofing my own work. I'll fix that as soon as I can since it really looks bad lol. Thanks for pointing that out. You have a good eye. ^^

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#164 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Ah, no problem! I'm just glad I could help. :)
— Mark Twain

Daarkess
Regular
Completed: University Projects (Political Vikings; Hexa Wars; ImaginAlien; Cubo)
Projects: Stained with Magic; Magnicity
Organization: Hikage Studios

#165 Post by Daarkess »

Hello,

Just wanted to say the proposed game is looking interesting. I am also curious how you will program the the proposed game elements. As a final note, all the characters look like they have a unique edge to them.
Stained with Magic - Chasing Shadows - - A magic/sci-fi fusion epic split across multiple chapters.