Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Comedy] - DEMO NOV 17

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

Re: Nusantara [GXB] [Fantasy] [Romance] [Adventure] [Comedy]

#106 Post by snowflakes »

1. Rama. He's so misterious, It makes me want to know more about him!
2. Yes, of course. I love the artstyle, the backgrounds and all the graphics, you have an unnique style.
3. I'm very curious! What are these people? I would like to know more. And it has my favourites genres: fantasy, aventure, comedy and romance. It couldn't be better for me.
4. It will be great if you put more info about the game, what you exactly do and a bit more info about the characters will be great!

Looking forward to play this soon! Good luck

Fleet_commander

#107 Post by Fleet_commander »

Hi SweetChiel hope everything is going alright. Loving the new updates especially the cave.
I'm hoping you will make a ASIH wallpaper in one update so I can put it on my desktop <3. lol

(sorry for the late reply).

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#108 Post by SweetChiel »

snowflakes wrote:1. Rama. He's so misterious, It makes me want to know more about him!
2. Yes, of course. I love the artstyle, the backgrounds and all the graphics, you have an unnique style.
3. I'm very curious! What are these people? I would like to know more. And it has my favourites genres: fantasy, aventure, comedy and romance. It couldn't be better for me.
4. It will be great if you put more info about the game, what you exactly do and a bit more info about the characters will be great!

Looking forward to play this soon! Good luck
Hello and thanks for your feedbacks miss Snowflakes! :D
1. lol, he certainly have lots to say in the story :p
2. aww thanks :3
3. they're certainly not human xD aside from the differential in culture and some minor aspects, they act like us tho :) that's all the hints I can say lol
4. well, at first I was making this VN solo (which means I do the illustrations, programming, custom buttons, etc), but lately I got 2 of my friends to make the BGMs and the Character Songs :D they're ErdaEnos and Roland if you want to know.

Pssttt, check out at every end of the updates, there are Fun Facts about our characters :D
I'm sorry that I can't give you more info, I'm limiting the spoiler so you can enjoy the demo later :)

thanks again and see you next week! :D
Fleet_commander wrote:Hi SweetChiel hope everything is going alright. Loving the new updates especially the cave.
I'm hoping you will make a ASIH wallpaper in one update so I can put it on my desktop <3. lol

(sorry for the late reply).

It's okay! :D
I know you have work to do and I'm already happy that you took a glance at each of my updates! XD
hmm, I can make an Asih wallpaper for you, but probably a simple one (I may just put Asih's sprite on one of the Backgrounds *orz)
what kind of background you'd like for Asih? :)

thank you again Sir Fleet_commander! I'm waiting for your reply! :D

Fleet_commander

#109 Post by Fleet_commander »

SweetChiel wrote:
It's okay! :D
I know you have work to do and I'm already happy that you took a glance at each of my updates! XD
hmm, I can make an Asih wallpaper for you, but probably a simple one (I may just put Asih's sprite on one of the Backgrounds *orz)
what kind of background you'd like for Asih? :)

thank you again Sir Fleet_commander! I'm waiting for your reply! :D
OOhh no no no no I meant if the wallpaper was in the production schedual it be great but if it isnt dont worie would not want to add to you're work load.

Hope everything is going alright :).

Nice to hear from you.

Fleet_commander

#110 Post by Fleet_commander »

Do you have a Twitter SweetChiel?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by SweetChiel »

it's ok xD
I'll try to find some time... but no promise, k >.<
Fleet_commander wrote:Do you have a Twitter SweetChiel?
my twitter is collecting dust at the moment :'D
I only have dA and FB ~

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 9/1/2014

#112 Post by SweetChiel »

Here comes the update! xD

I was having a busy week and...
I didn't manage to finish this Loma Village BG, still WIP but progressing about half :S
but oh well, here's another CG spoiler for compensation >< this is the last one tho~
Little Tamara with his father :3
Some good news:
- Roland managed to finish 1 BGM for the forest! :D *dances happily*
- and I somehow managed to win the competition! XD yup, the one having a smug happy face is me lol :D
Now I have a new pen tablet, her name is Dwi :3 (it means 'Two' in Javanesse). The current one's name is 'Uno' (I'm sure you know what it means lol). Now I'm gonna stop rambling xD
A little late but here's a photo of me and my team's booth at AFA. Can you guess which one is me? xD
Anyway, I'm sorry in advance since the update will be less now since college is starting again and I need some preparing for it :S Not to mention the September 6th-7th Sale >.<
I also need to do some research for a living room Background *I missed it x_x that's the last background I need for the demo.

I hope you enjoy today's update! :D see you guys again next week!

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 09/08/2014

#113 Post by SweetChiel »

Okay, I've just finished the sale at Comifuro 4 and managed to finish 1 BG and sketched another one...
I'm sure you guys remember this, since this BG took forever to finish x_x I present to you, Loma Village!
The last BG I need to finish is this living room BG...
Well, I need to fix my Final Project Proposal with my lecturer this week. I need some book reference for Aboriginal Papuan Characteristics. Lord knows where I'm going to find that book o<-<
Hopefully my lecturer or my college's library have one.

I'm both really happy and tired guys! Just one more BG and I'll continue on to sprites and CGs, and then finally the programming! :D
but I'm going to take it slow for the next few weeks since I need to re-arrange my schedule since college already started.
Stick with me guys! Hang in there! xD

See you in next week! :)
Last edited by SweetChiel on Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#114 Post by tiya_nofurita »

God you're so impressive for accomplishing this far XD
Also, Tamara's father is really handsome *screams
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#115 Post by SweetChiel »

tiya_nofurita wrote:God you're so impressive for accomplishing this far XD
Also, Tamara's father is really handsome *screams
aw thanks! but it's still ways to go to the demo QuQ

LOL, I knew it. Unfortunately, he's off limits! xD
thank you for your kind comment!

Bouki
Regular

#116 Post by Bouki »

I was just out for vacation and bam! I missed whole two updates D8
Well first of all, to be honest, it kinda amuses me how you just can't finish these backgrounds. I think your hard work paid off though, all of the backgrounds are beautiful ^^ Still, I hope you can finish them this week or sometime soon, 'cause I really want to see the sprites. And by really, I mean reeeeally.
I loved the CG! It has a warm cute feeling to it, and Tamara's father seems like a nice person. What caught my attention yhe most was how you colored it, it has soft but really vivid colors, and personally, I liked it. It's just that, the view from the window makes it look like it's day, but judging from the lamp and the atmosphere (it looks like they're reading a bedtime story, which made me go awww) it should be night. Maybe making the outside dark and adding one or two stars would make it better? Sorry if I'm being too picky, but I noticed it randomly and now it just bugs me.
Anyways, congratulations for winning the competition! I hope this new pen tablet will come in handy. For the booth photo, I suppose you're the one with orange shirt? :3 I'm not so sure though. But your group looks cute :3
For the latest update, damn that background looks good. Again, the colors are so vivid and beautiful :3 I wonder how the living room one will turn out. I hope this will really be the last one needed, haha.
Good luck with school and finding that book, see you next week! Actually, this monday, so it's just 2 days away. But ahem, anyways.

P.S: ......So Reksa really has long hair......... If I pay you shizzloads of money (which I don't have in the first place) can I get my own personal version with a short haired Reksa? (Or else I will give you spoilers about Naruto mwhahahahha :D) Now that I think about it, I can't imagine him with short hair though. Maybe long hair and ponytail suits him more. But still... why? D8
Last edited by Bouki on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ina

#117 Post by Ina »

N/A
Last edited by Ina on Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

UPDATE 9/15/2014

#118 Post by SweetChiel »

Whoops, I almost forgot to update D: Dear me..
I got a presentation to do tomorrow and got immersed in the practice x_x

But at least I managed to finish the last Background for the Demo!! *drumrolls please*
Tadaaa~! the Living Room is finally here!! Did you know? My laptop went dead once without warning and I ended up coloring this twice :S
Some minor add to Loma Village (I forgot the blue crystals O_o)
and I think I won't be able to do the sprites this week *orz Thank Lord if I even manage to finish one sprite (still have 2 to finish + their expressions + 3 CGs!).
My Final Project chapter 1 and 2 presentation is going to be judged by the lecturers between September 22nd-26th.

Sry for broken english, I dunno how you guys do your Final Project, but I have 4 presentation to do until January + I still need to do the sprites, CGs, and programming for the demo!

Well if you guys are confused, just read this: My schedule is getting busy guys! >.< expect lesser updates next week ~ but the demo deadline is still December! :D
Last edited by SweetChiel on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran

#119 Post by SweetChiel »

Bouki wrote:I was just out for vacation and bam! I missed whole two updates D8
Well first of all, to be honest, it kinda amuses me how you just can't finish these backgrounds. I think your hard work paid off though, all of the backgrounds are beautiful ^^ Still, I hope you can finish them this week or sometime soon, 'cause I really want to see the sprites. And by really, I mean reeeeally.
I loved the CG! It has a warm cute feeling to it, and Tamara's father seems like a nice person. What caught my attention yhe most was how you colored it, it has soft but really vivid colors, and personally, I liked it. It's just that, the view from the window makes it look like it's day, but judging from the lamp and the atmosphere (it looks like they're reading a bedtime story, which made me go awww) it should be night. Maybe making the outside dark and adding one or two stars would make it better? Sorry if I'm being too picky, but I noticed it randomly and now it just bugs me.
Anyways, congratulations for winning the competition! I hope this new pen tablet will come in handy. For the booth photo, I suppose you're the one with orange shirt? :3 I'm not so sure though. But your group looks cute :3
For the latest update, damn that background looks good. Again, the colors are so vivid and beautiful :3 I wonder how the living room one will turn out. I hope this will really be the last one needed, haha.
Good luck with school and finding that book, see you next week! Actually, this monday, so it's just 2 days away. But ahem, anyways.

P.S: ......So Reksa really has long hair......... If I pay you shizzloads of money (which I don't have in the first place) can I get my own personal version with a short haired Reksa? (Or else I will give you spoilers about Naruto mwhahahahha :D) Now that I think about it, I can't imagine him with short hair though. Maybe long hair and ponytail suits him more. But still... why? D8
Welcome back from your vacation miss Bouki! :D I hope yours are fun and fulfilling! xD I'm so glad some people are still here <3
well the sprites will have to wait since the lecturers are pushy at getting our presentations ready QuQ (Or maybe I'll have to steal some time again...)
Anyway~ about the CG.. Ooohh, so THAT's what's wrong with it. I'm always confused whenever I draw/color a night scene. Thanks for noticing! XD I will definitely fix it later on~ You know, I don't know when, but I started to look forward for your critiques OwO yours are very thorough and honest.

Hey, thanks! The new tablet will come in handy if (I hope it won't) the one I'm using get broken for some reason. o<-<

lol, close enough, but not the one with orange shirt :3
and golly, you flattered me so much xD yep, I reaaaally love bright and vivid colors <3 watch out they might blind you which is why I'm having a hard time with night scenes or sad scenes :S

PS:
Well... maybe it have something to do with my long-haired-guys-fetish... just a little though...
fine, sue me xD I can't help it!
But there ARE some guys out there who dislikes to cut their hair. Like Samson who grew weak when someone cut his hair or RAPUNZEL! ...Okay now I'm gonna stop rambling.

and LOL, first you want him to be short haired, but then you can't imagine him with short hair xD make up your mind, girl! *though he will be always HOT whether with short or long hair*cough* But I'll consider it of course :3 maybe in the form of sketches.

as always, thank you for your kind comments miss Bouki! It's always nice to see you supporting me here! see you next week! :D
Ina wrote:1. Which character stands out the most for you? Why?
Tamara xD She's very intriguing.....
2. Does the intro and the art so far interesting?
Yes, they do! They are done very well 0.o

3. What makes you consider to play this game?
The fantasy and the Indonesian culture. I'm happy to see that Asian countries are being taken into consideration :3 And I love the plot.

4. Last but not least, do you have any question or critiques? I welcome constructive criticism any time :) Maybe you can see something that I miss or lacking.
Um, you said you'd finished the demo, but is it for download or am I just too retarded to find one? If it's the latter, which it probably is, could you give me a link? :3
Just have some proofreaders read your game before release, and the grammar may cause a few troubles.
Hello miss Ina! Glad to have you here and here's your answers! :D

1. lol thanks! xD

2. YAY! Line, hook, and SINKER! *cough*ahem*

3. aw thanks :3 yep, it caught my attention too. There are too little Visual Novels with Asian cultures in it!

4. It's for free but the demo will be out at December! :D stay tuned and wait for it girl!

snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

#120 Post by snowflakes »

Well, everybody has his life aside of the vn world, so it's understandable ^^ Good luck with your presentations and stuff.
I love the backgrounds, you have a really nice artstyle, the living room is really nice and I like the decorations, and of course Loma Village is fantastic... Maybe I missed some update, but I didn't read about those blue crystals... Wondering what they are xD
Keep up this fantastic project and good luck! Thanks for creating this fantastic vn, waiting for December to play de demo!