The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy] - New Demo Out!

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
snowflakes
Regular
Projects: Improve my art
Deviantart: vychi

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Update August 14]

#256 Post by snowflakes »

The comment under the animation made me laugh harder than ever xD.
Thanks for the update!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Update August 14]

#257 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Awwwh that video was great! Can't wait for this, man. And, I think optional mini-games is fine ^^
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

elrida13

Re: The Pirate Mermaid [GxB][Fantasy][Update Sept 1]

#258 Post by elrida13 »

I've been following this project for a while now, and I had to make an account on here solely to tell you guys how impressed I am with this! The art is neat and cute with a little hint of sexy (the skimpy outfits, mer crotch) and the writing is a blast, both clever and funny. This protag is best otome protag. Since I'm obsessed with mermaids (and visual novels) this is the game I've been most excited for all year! Kudos to you!

PS I love the concept of Mimi the literal mer-maid, her design is so cute and I'm yuri for her :mrgreen:

PangoDango
Regular
Projects: Lovely Little Thieves
Organization: PangoDango Games

#259 Post by PangoDango »

Loving all the new details in the video! And I thought the early demo was already super-fun! Really looking forward to the game's completion! :D

EDIT: I really like the way you play with lateral motion underwater, and that the mermaids can move up and down vertically as easy as left to right. There's an almost cinematic flair to a lot of animation decisions here that's really exciting. Want to play iiiiit. *W*

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#260 Post by Kate »

OMG I am majorly stalking this game. I am so excited for this, it's gorgeous. XD Might I say I am drooling over the smoothness of the animations and gameplay from that preview? DROOOOOOLING!
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

ArtistMeli
Completed: Destiny Revival: Sailor Moon Classic, Sailor Moon R+, Codename Sailor V
Projects: Hearts Under Blades
Organization: Leading Scientists Games

#261 Post by ArtistMeli »

The art is adorable and fantastic! I'll have to give the demo a try, I'm very intrigued. ^_^

AERenoir
Veteran

#262 Post by AERenoir »

Oh mai, look at all the animations and the shiny new features! They look sooo pretty!! *jealous of your coding skills*

Erikka
Regular

#263 Post by Erikka »

pity that we won't find out how they reproduce(( as I think it's a very interesting question and a very important one.
By the way, I also have a fetish for high-ponytail-guys! I think they're hot! Mikali is also very handsome(I have a fetish for the long-hair-guys too) but Malik is the most attractive! I adore bad guys :))

EchoLove
Regular

#264 Post by EchoLove »

This looks fantastic, I'm really excited for more updates!

SinSisters
Regular
Completed: The Spanish Privateer
Projects: The Spanish Privateer
Tumblr: sinsisters
itch: sinsisters

#265 Post by SinSisters »

This game looks amazing! (=*o*=) The sorcerer is my favourite character teheh old perv ;D Artwork, style, dialogue and characters are all gorgeous and amazing!

-Nat

Aseret
Regular

#266 Post by Aseret »

Wow, looks absolutely great!! I love the new look and huge update. I quite like the animations; they're well done. I actually prefer pure story mode, without timed choices and anything else like that. Having the minigames be optional is really nice too :D

Can't wait for the game to come out!

Fujihime
Regular
Projects: Purrfectly Ever After
Tumblr: purrfectlyeverafter

#267 Post by Fujihime »

Wow looks really good! I love the whole art concept especially the background art and the protagonist expressions and design. Downloading the game now!

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#268 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

Every time I check in on this you guys blow me away! You're even doing a light animation mode? I and my computer thank you!

On Minigames:
I've played games in the past with these sorts of controls and have mostly just been irritated by them. I do like timed choices though. They make sense to me without detracting from the story. Of course, if the minigames are optional anyway then do what you want! It is nowhere near being a deal breaker for me in any event.

Popup Hints for Karma and Affection:
I adore popup hints. I'm so lazy. I don't like playing all the way through a game just to discover I'm a few points shy of the ending I wanted. Thank you for the inclusion!

The Video:
Awesome! After seeing our heroine kicking ass I have a much better time understanding why the pirates who didn't like her kept her as captain. It looks like you've kept all the good parts of the demo and built on them. I am so excited for this game.

More Praise:
All the art you've released is spectacular! I can't wait to meet these characters and take the plunge into their world! :D

OfHoneyIronandWine

#269 Post by OfHoneyIronandWine »

so....how about a new update guys? :)

Erikka
Regular

#270 Post by Erikka »

So how about a new update, guys?)) + 1