My art journey~

Art threads specific to a single artist.
King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

My art journey~

#1 Post by King-sama »

I didn't know how to delete the previous topic so I am making another one, I hope it's alright

I made this topic to get some opinions about my art ^^' I want to be able to do drawings that interesting to be put in a vn, but the problem that I have right now is that I find my art plain boring.. so I am trying to get better here by practicing it and stuff

This is something I did recently, I tried to do a new coloring style which I found more fun, faster and less painful.... somewhat lol but I am satisfied enough with it~
Last edited by King-sama on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 6 times in total.

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

Re: My art journey~

#2 Post by chocojax »

The coloring looks nice, yo! The colors (mainly the skin) look like they don't really have much of an effect on the other parts, so maybe you could try to mess around with that more.

If you haven't already, you could go out and imitate and experiment with other artists' styles. It's pretty fun, and it helps a lot with the view of "my art looks boring!"

King-sama
Veteran

#3 Post by King-sama »

chocojax wrote:If you haven't already, you could go out and imitate and experiment with other artists' styles. It's pretty fun, and it helps a lot with the view of "my art looks boring!"
Ohh great idea Choco! but I am sorta still afraid of doing this actually ^^' is a chicken do you have any examples of your own work that you still keeping somewhere maybe it will be a great cure and insperation for me QuQ
chocojax wrote:The coloring looks nice, yo! The colors (mainly the skin) look like they don't really have much of an effect on the other parts, so maybe you could try to mess around with that more.

Thank you very much! XD errr.....I am not sure I get what you meant with the colors doesn't have an effect on the other parts......can you do a color over or give an example if that was ok I WILL THANK YOU FOREVER!!

Anyways, here is another something I did recently, still practicing coloring, colors, values and simple perspective o.o still not really glad with the eyes coloring TT.TT
Last edited by King-sama on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#4 Post by Sapphi »

The coloring is beautiful, especially the hair. But I think you should either make the large light shines in the eyes brighter (more opaque). Right now I'm getting a bug eye vibe, or an "is this a corpse?" vibe. Either way I feel like the technique makes their eyes look glazed over which makes them look the opposite of lively and happy. If you are going for creepy, you're bang on. If not I would change it. :)
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#5 Post by Morhighan »

Wow, I love how vivid your colors are! o:
Keep up the great work!

Glitterbark
Regular
Projects: Best Wishes
Tumblr: glitterbarkgaming
itch: glitterbark

#6 Post by Glitterbark »

Oh goodness, these are beautiful! I especially love the shading on the hair and the super bright colors. Your art is not boring; it has so much "pop!" to it! I just want to pet all that lovely fluffy hair...
WIP: Image

Erotome
Regular
Projects: Paws & Effect, RE4: Otome Edition
Organization: Shimmersoft
Tumblr: erotomesoft
Deviantart: Erotome

#7 Post by Erotome »

Your art isn't boring - The style is adorable and the colouring is just spot-on (never been able to do chibi or colour so envious here); they all like like cute little dolls.
Play the demo our latest game, Paws & Effect: My Dogs Are Human!

revengineer

#8 Post by revengineer »

Totally adorable for sure! I get tired with my own style, we all do - but this is something that is VERY marketable for a VN or any kind of game art. Please keep making more!

King-sama
Veteran

#9 Post by King-sama »

Sapphi wrote:The coloring is beautiful, especially the hair. But I think you should either make the large light shines in the eyes brighter (more opaque). Right now I'm getting a bug eye vibe, or an "is this a corpse?" vibe. Either way I feel like the technique makes their eyes look glazed over which makes them look the opposite of lively and happy. If you are going for creepy, you're bang on. If not I would change it. :)

Oh i get what you mean XD; i have a better eye coloring style now than this corpse one lol thank you for telling me your opinion honestly~ X] creepy stuff is always awesome too~~
Morhighan wrote:Wow, I love how vivid your colors are! o:
Keep up the great work!

Hehe thanks~ Lol
FoxTrotMuffin wrote:Oh goodness, these are beautiful! I especially love the shading on the hair and the super bright colors. Your art is not boring; it has so much "pop!" to it! I just want to pet all that lovely fluffy hair...
Haha pet hair?! Lol i appreciate your words you are very nice ^u^* i tryed to color like the pros that are everywhere~ lol
Erotome wrote:Your art isn't boring - The style is adorable and the colouring is just spot-on (never been able to do chibi or colour so envious here); they all like like cute little dolls.
You gotta try chibis~ i would like to see them when you do!
revengineer wrote:Totally adorable for sure! I get tired with my own style, we all do - but this is something that is VERY marketable for a VN or any kind of game art. Please keep making more!
Awwwww thaaaaaank you! Q0Q i will keep making more but after i am finished with some very delayed artworks and other things ^^'

King-sama
Veteran

#10 Post by King-sama »

paullarry wrote:You are going good in your art journey. Keep moving forward...
Thanks for the encouragement 8']

Latest arts o.o
I don't know if I am actually getting better or not....
Last edited by King-sama on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King-sama
Veteran

#11 Post by King-sama »

Latest art ^^ tried to practice one head chibus. How to improve in drawing them?
Last edited by King-sama on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarkSin
Regular
Completed: Rituals in the Dark (GxG), Sweetest Monster (BxG), My Magical Divorce Bureau!!
Projects: Innate Imperfections (GxG)
Organization: SinSystem
itch: darksin

#12 Post by DarkSin »

Your art is very good. I love your sketching, your use of colours... everything :)

There is considerable improvement in your chibis. As for how you could improve them... you could maybe make the shines in their eyes brighter and making their faces more round? It could be chalked down to stylistic choice, though. It's not really that important.

Ernestalice15
Regular
Projects: One Last Crane, Demoness, The Golden Catalyst
Organization: Animon Works
IRC Nick: Nomina
Tumblr: ernestalice15
Deviantart: Ernestalice15

#13 Post by Ernestalice15 »

Who said that your art is boring? It's really really good, much much better than mine. And you're improving. I wonder about the male, though. Because it's only one, I can't really tell if it's as good as the others or not, but as I can see, the body seems to be proportionally weird at the chest to the bottom part. But that's just detail and it's not really that weird. Keep it up :)

King-sama
Veteran

#14 Post by King-sama »

Thanks for the critique guys! ^^
New Canvas.png
I did some sky sketches......hopefully I will improve in it OTL
what do you think?

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#15 Post by shwippie »

What beautiful skies! You could try making some edges softer for variation. Also in the sunset image, bringing some of the purple in the sky into the clouds. It's kind of difficult to explain in words, but this photo is an example of the soft vs. crisp and the distribution of colors: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EoX0QQA6xeE/U ... et_sky.jpg . I don't know if those things would clash with your style. Your skies have a refreshing look, and I really like the atmospheric perspective!
Image Image Image