Y;N [Horror, Mystery, inkl Point&Click] (Beta available)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
TheHappyAsylum
Regular
Projects: Paranormal Detective

Re: Y;N [Horror, Mystery, inkl Point&Click] (Beta available)

#16 Post by TheHappyAsylum »

A few things. 1: I fell in love with the art the second I saw it. 2: The trailer has me eager to play! I'm downloading it as I type x)

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#17 Post by Sayashiro »

Ooh, this game looks really neat. I shall be trying it out once I get some free time. =D
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#18 Post by plaster »

I played this last night and kinda missed it today. I would love to see more in this universe. The character designs are awesome! Playtime was more like 1-2 hours for me. Thought the play style was really cool. Also thought the voice clips sounded good and were well placed.
The true ending didn't clear things up very much, though.

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#19 Post by Cafechan »

This is extremely cool and immersive so far, but I'm completely stuck in this area. I thought for sure I've clicked on everything, checked everything in my inventory, but I can't find what to do next... Am I missing something obvious? :oops:
Screen shot 2014-05-25 at 10.25.07 PM.png

Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

#20 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Cafechan wrote:This is extremely cool and immersive so far, but I'm completely stuck in this area. I thought for sure I've clicked on everything, checked everything in my inventory, but I can't find what to do next... Am I missing something obvious? :oops:
Screen shot 2014-05-25 at 10.25.07 PM.png
first: I'm glad your enjoying the game so far^^
Check out the bottom-left area of the device there is something you can open^^

hint 2 *after you have opened it
- You will also
have to look around again in order to find something to repair the device.
hint 3
- If you can't manage to move on:
check out the left area. There is a small wire you will need to repair the device^^
Hope this will help you. ^^
Wish u much fun.
If you're still having problems, please let me know.

----------------------

@ TheHappyAsylum, Sayashiro

I wish u much fun^^ *I'm so excited about that so many people want to play this >////<

@ plaster

I'm happy you like the game^^ With 1-2h you're pretty fast. Most of my friends needed about 4 h, so congratulations: You'r holding a record^^V
I'm planning to do another part. Right now the story consist of three part. Each part is telling the story from a totally different point of view. So part two won't probably be an "ordinary" sequel. The true Ending prepares this sequel^^. Yin's story was the smallest part, so the others will take some time^^
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#21 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hey guys,
I just wanted to take the opportunity and say: I have official achieved my Master's Degree (with "very good") *____*
Thank u so much for supporting and helping me with this project. ^^V
Without u guys I wouldn't have made it. So, in order to celebrate I have a little something for u ... are you ready?
Here, it comes:

I found this "old" sketch of Yin and her fake-costume *this was never meant to be in the game, maybe in a 10th anniversary-version XD
Hope u like it.
Thank you so much again ♥

This project is still ongoing *see post above ^^V

If you're interested, please feel free to check out my new project-concept:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=27007

As u can see, more stuff is coming soon -> so, stay turned ^^
My games:
Image Image

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#22 Post by Rossfellow »

Mirrowdothack wrote:Hey guys,
I just wanted to take the opportunity and say: I have official achieved my Master's Degree (with "very good") *____*
Thank u so much for supporting and helping me with this project. ^^V
Without u guys I wouldn't have made it. So, in order to celebrate I have a little something for u ... are you ready?
Here, it comes:

I found this "old" sketch of Yin and her fake-costume *this was never meant to be in the game, maybe in a 10th anniversary-version XD
Hope u like it.
Thank you so much again ♥

This project is still ongoing *see post above ^^V

If you're interested, please feel free to check out my new project-concept:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=27007

As u can see, more stuff is coming soon -> so, stay turned ^^

Congratulations on your Master's Degree! The swimsuit looks great and the alternative costume idea sounds hilarious. Maybe for an omake chapter? Obligatory BEACH episode?

Edit:
I finally finished the rest of the endings and I'm still left with one gaping question:
Who's that blonde girl who saves Yin from the spider lady? Is she part of the greater halves of the story under development?
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#23 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Rossfellow wrote: Congratulations on your Master's Degree! The swimsuit looks great and the alternative costume idea sounds hilarious. Maybe for an omake chapter? Obligatory BEACH episode?

Edit:
I finally finished the rest of the endings and I'm still left with one gaping question:
Who's that blonde girl who saves Yin from the spider lady? Is she part of the greater halves of the story under development?
Thank you so much *__*
It would be fun to include one *will think about it... I love costumes XD

About your question:
If you got the Promise Ending and read through the letters you might have a little idea who she is. But to answer your question: Yes, she will be in the next part as well^^
I'm happy you enjoyed the game (it makes me so happy ♥) and I hope...
you will like the sequel as well (when it will be available^^")
My games:
Image Image

Lexer

#24 Post by Lexer »

Registered an account so I can tell you that I finished your game. It took me all night and into the early morning hours because I'm a moron who can't do math puzzles.

Two more hours, half a dozen save files, and half a pack of cigarettes later, I realized that the location of the green letters and the solutions were on the website. Wow, I'm dumb.

And I finally got the Promise ending.

Please make the sequel soon. I want to read more about Yin. :(

Yin is the bestest!

Talking about the stuff I liked are probably spoilers so:
She gets to save Keith right? Right? She has the kickass Persona and everything! The Umineko style trials took me a bunch of tries but the realization of how those pieces of evidence were supposed to fit together made it worth it. I kinda wish this was a sprite based RPG because Yin would make a cool RPG protagonist.
Although, I actually enjoyed the endings where she starts to become more like Charon. I killed Yang during my first play through, just to see how it'd play out. A "what if" story about Yin heaping vengeance on everyone is something I'd enjoy reading too.
But man, is Taiyou really dead for good? They'd have made a cute couple.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#25 Post by Arowana »

I actually downloaded this game a while ago because I liked the premise, but only just got around to trying it. And wow, I wished I had played it sooner! I just spent my entire evening obsessively trying to get all the endings. O.O

Excuse me while I fangirl for a bit, but everything was just so well done – the striking visual presentation and character designs, the perfectly placed sound effects, the variety of puzzles and intriguing storyline...I very rarely finish games without skipping text or quitting after one path, but I couldn’t stop playing Y;N until I had every single ending. This is one of my favorite LSF games now.

Some of my favorite parts:
-The “You did it!” on the monitor changing meaning after you returned. Totally gave me chills.
-The cut-in graphic with Keith’s mouth also gave me chills. The effect with the layered strips was really striking.
-All of Charon’s appearances. It’s interesting how she resembles Yin for Yin, but Anna for Keith. Must be symbolism? :3 Final boss Charon was so scary/cool. Is that a heart hidden in her left eye?
-Speaking of symbolism, I loved the cute hamster paintings resembling the yin/yang.
-The sound design in general. I feel like a lot of people neglect sound effects, but you really went the extra mile. The sounds added so much to the atmosphere of the game, and you synched them well with the visual sequences. I quite liked the music as well – the tense theme when the monsters appear is my favorite.
-The title logo! I only just realized Y;N looks like Yin. For some reason, I thought it stood for Yes/No. I’m so slow, haha.
I’m usually not very good with puzzles, but the difficulty here was about right for me. I did I get stuck in a few places not knowing what to click or where the arrows were, though. Most challenging parts for me were:
-The wire in the monitor room. I kept missing it when I was clicking around, so it took me forever to figure out what to do.
-Getting to the chair in the cellar. I kept clicking on the doors thinking that one of them had unlocked, not realizing that instead a new arrow had appeared.
-The final trial, when I had to prove that Yang cared about her sister’s happiness. It never occurred to me to click on a character, so I ended up trying every item/note first. ^^;
I appreciate that you put in “skip trial” and “skip riddle” options, by the way. It made replaying for the extra endings a lot easier. The options to return to a previous point after you died/got an ending were also very convenient. Now I only wish there were galleries for the different endings/CGs/music too. :3

For the plot:
-I was proud of myself for guessing the twist with Yin’s identity after the first chapter. But I didn’t anticipate the extra twist with Taiyo.
-The relationship between the sisters was very sweet, so I’m glad it was the focus of the story. <3
-Maybe I missed it, but I’m still confused about why everyone hated Yin so much. Even her own parents...what did she do to deserve such bad treatment?
-Also a bit confused on the ending. What I think happened is that Yin shoved Yang into the street, but Taiyo pushed Yang out of the way and was killed instead? But then why is Yin accused of her sister’s murder instead of Taiyo’s murder, and why is there a police report for Yang’s death? ^^ Then in the Reunion Ending, Yin chooses to push Yang out of the way instead, so Yin is killed instead of Taiyo?
-The true ending was too cruel! To be continued...but I wanted to know what happened to Keith since the beginning of the game. D: Is Keith also “Kami,” or is that someone else?
I wasn’t checking that closely for typos or grammar (I’m happy to check more if you need it), but in the green letters, it says “head burns” once or twice. Should that be “heal burns” instead?

Anyway, sorry for the long rambly post haha, but I really loved this game and am looking forward to the sequels! I hope you can release the completed game soon too, so that more people will enjoy its awesomeness ;) Congrats on your well-deserved masters’ degree (what’s your major in, by the way?), and best of luck with your future games. :D
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#26 Post by ludeshka »

This game sounds crazily interesting.
Downloading the beta right now.
Also, I only found out about this through @Rossfellow, who mentioned you on another topic
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =4&t=28278
So you should know that even before you got an official release, you've already got good word of mouth going on. :D

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#27 Post by Mirrowdothack »

First sorry, for not replying so long. I'm currently moving into another city for my new job^^
So, I might not be able to reply for a while, since I need to find a place to live there and of course... an internet connection^^

-----------------

Anyway, I'm absolutely happy that your are enjoying my game ♥

@ Lexer: Thank you so much for registing an account to tell me you like it. It totally made my day. I have no words for how happy it makes me ♥. and I'm sorry that you had to smoke that much because of one of my riddle ^^"
A sequel is on its way, but it will take some time for me to finish it. So, you will get some more information about Yin and Co^^. I also love your idea about the "what if" story. Maybe I will add something like this, too. Thanks for the idea^^
----------------------

@Arowana: Thank you so much for your awesome comment♥ I am totally happy that you had so much fun with the game. I love that you gave thoughts to the interpretation. The best part is, that "my thoughts are the same as yours" for example:
The titel can be read as "Yin" or as "Yes or No". Charon resembles Yin for Yin and Anna does the same for Keith^^. The hamester painting, etc. It's so cool that you noticed all of thoses things^^
About
Arowana wrote:
-I was proud of myself for guessing the twist with Yin’s identity after the first chapter. But I didn’t anticipate the extra twist with Taiyo.
Why did you guessed the first part. I'm interessted^^
Arowana wrote:
-The relationship between the sisters was very sweet, so I’m glad it was the focus of the story. <3
It was really important to me to focuse on thoses two. So, I am happy you like it^^
Arowana wrote:
Maybe I missed it, but I’m still confused about why everyone hated Yin so much. Even her own parents...what did she do to deserve such bad treatment?
No you haven't.
I did not really explained it on purpose. But of course, I gave some clues^^. But most likely it's because she is different: Her appearance for example and the way she acts. I wanted her to be an outsider but not because she wanted to be one or because she is a trouble maker but because everyone makes her feel like it. Kids for example can be pretty curel without a logical reason. In a letter you can read that a mother did not want her child to interact with Yin because of her appearance etc. Yins parents tries to compare her with her sister, but she is not Yang. Yin has her own personality but her parents just want her to be like everyone else because they care about their own reputation (they are pretty conservative). So instead of supporting her daugther they try to ignore her and (in case of her mother) trie to get ride of the "black sheep", although Yin hasn't done a bad thing. People can really have silly reasons to treat someone bad, but unfortunately, this rellay happens a lot in real life, which is simple sad.
Arowana wrote:
-Also a bit confused on the ending. What I think happened is that Yin shoved Yang into the street, but Taiyo pushed Yang out of the way and was killed instead? But then why is Yin accused of her sister’s murder instead of Taiyo’s murder, and why is there a police report for Yang’s death? ^^ Then in the Reunion Ending, Yin chooses to push Yang out of the way instead, so Yin is killed instead of Taiyo?
This can be a little tricky to notice. But there are acutally two accidents. When Yin had her conversation with Yang on the street, she said that Taiyo wanted to meet her on Friday but did not show of. The resaon is that he save Yang on Friday (1st accident) while she was having that conversation with her fellow students. Yang knew about Yins feelings for Taiyo and that she cared much about him so she had no idea how she should tell Yin, that Taiyo died (she mentioned that in her conversation with Keith, right after Taiyos accident). So, Yin felt betrayed because she had seen Taiyo and Yang (when he was giving her the love letter which was addressed to Yin in reality). Yin missunderstood the situtation and left. Then after the weekend (and Taiyo accident) she confronted Yang with her thought, a while Yang was trying to explain erverything, Yin missunderstood everything even more. She did not push Yang on purpose but to get some space between them. Then after the incidents in the Void Yin wakes up right after she had pushed Yang and (in the good endings) decided to save her by switching places. So, to get this righ:

- Taiyo gaves Yang a love letter for Yin because he was to shy to tell her directly
- Yin saw and missunderstood it, she ran away
- Yang told Taiyo to give it to Yin in person
- Yang had an agrument with her fellow student and as a result of this she was push by one of her fewllow stutents. Taiyo save her but died right after it
- Yang had her conversation with Keith
- Yang had her conversation with Yin (who knows nothing about Taiyos letter for her and his death)
- Yin mussunderstood Yangs explanations and wanted her to leave her alone. SO by accident she pushed Yang on the street
- Yin meets the Void
- Yin wakes up und decided to save her sister the way Taiyo did it before her.
Arowana wrote:
-The true ending was too cruel! To be continued...but I wanted to know what happened to Keith since the beginning of the game. D: Is Keith also “Kami,” or is that someone else?
A friend of mine said the same thing XD ... You will get some more information in the next part^^ I promise.

------------------

@ ludeshka: Thank you so much for telling about it and I wish you much fun with the game. I hope you'll enjoy it^^

@Rossfellow: Thank you so much for the nomination ♥ You rock ^^
My games:
Image Image

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#28 Post by Rossfellow »

How's the new OST coming along, by the way? Are there other examples of his/her work?
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#29 Post by Rinima »

The download link doesn't seem to be working :\
At least, not for me.

I've clicked on the link, and waited for a good hour for something to happen, yet nothing :\
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#30 Post by Mirrowdothack »

@Rinima: This is strange. It worked for me. Usually you should be redirected to my webpage.
Since it's not working for you, please try the following links:

http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/yin.html
http://mirrowdothack.vnovel.com/games/y ... 17-all.zip

I hope it will work for you this time^^ (Please let me know if it does/does not work, thank you^^)

--------------

@Rossfellow: Right now she is busy with her other project. Haven't heard much from her lately, but I was busy, too^^
But I'm pretty sure that I will hear from her soon. There are some sample, but those aren't fisnish work yet, so I want to wait until she is satisfied with her work^^. But it sounds pretty cool so far^^
My games:
Image Image