Project Aivisu looking for an artist/other positions

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

Project Aivisu looking for an artist/other positions

#1 Post by desulishor »

Since this section has been rebuilt, here goes...
Project Aivisu is a [BxG, slice of life] visual novel in the making, I'm personally in charge of writing and coding and I'm looking primarily for an artist, but other positions, are also available if you're interested and would just like to help. For any games I've worked on in the past, check: http://www.indiedb.com/members/desulishor/games

At the moment, I have a full script for three character arcs, some backgrounds, music tracks and some voice-acted lines have been gathered, but there's essentially no character art or CGs.

Synopsis:
"Kyle Nakano is a completely average Japanese high school student, save for his half-English background, a tendency to get mistaken for a delinquent and some slight telekinetic powers... Wait, just what about all that is average? But... but... Aren't romantic visual novels usually based around an average protagonist? Okay, let's try that again... Project Aivisu is a visual novel that deals with ESP, but instead of secret organizations and psychic battles, focuses on romance and slice of life."

Uh... Anyway, the aim here is to create stories where originally broken and hurt characters could overcome their troubles, both learning something about life and each other at the same time.

For artists:
- Maintain regular contact, just once a few days or even a week is fine, but I need to know, in order to keep things running. Just because it's a 'free' project does not mean I think nothing of it, so I'd expect some dedication from you as well.
- I'd prefer if you were able to work on both CGs and character sprites, or at least willing to share work, if not.
- Style-wise, I'd prefer something befitting of the BxG and slice of life -genres, but all styles are discussable at the very least.
- ...And you should be willing to work for free, of course, though if I do end up commercializing this project, I'd obviously share the profits as well.

Post here or PM to apply, same goes for any questions at all, just trying to keep the opening post relatively short and readable...
Last edited by desulishor on Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

ReaLciciLia
Regular
Projects: SunfiLia [Otome] [Fantasy]
Organization: C-ify studio
IRC Nick: ReaLciciLia

Re: Project Aivisu looking for an artist/other positions

#2 Post by ReaLciciLia »

May I know how many the CG and the sprites(+how many expression / each character?)?

desulishor
Regular

#3 Post by desulishor »

ReaLciciLia wrote:May I know how many the CG and the sprites(+how many expression / each character?)?
Well, the more art, the better the finished product, but the bare minimum would probably be:
-3 main characters, 6 expressions each.
-2 CGs for a character arc, so a total of 6.
Granted that more than one artist actually volunteer, sharing work would also be possible, so one could, for an example work on this one during their off-time, though that would require coordinating styles and character designs.

Fluffyrobotdog
Soundcloud: fluffyrobotdog

#4 Post by Fluffyrobotdog »

Hey there! Names Matt

I'd be interested in helping out I would just need to now how many songs you need, and some pictures or something to give me some inspiration.

You can find my music a few places

https://soundcloud.com/moviemajic12
https://soundcloud.com/fluffyrobotdog
https://soundcloud.com/synchroncity

If you're interested let me know at
mahoney_matthew@live.com or my skype "moviemajic1"
Last edited by Fluffyrobotdog on Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

desulishor
Regular

#5 Post by desulishor »

Thanks for your interest, (also sent you a pm) I'm still looking for various positions but at the very least, I'm actively working towards completing this project.

Caecilius

#6 Post by Caecilius »

Hey, I'm definitely interested in the Editor position. Throw me a PM and we can get to know eachother! :)

ColaCat
Veteran

#7 Post by ColaCat »

I'd be happy to fill the editor position if you like.

desulishor
Regular

#8 Post by desulishor »

Uh, so far, there has been a total of 4 people who contacted me for an editor's spot. Obviously, I wouldn't be able to pick you all even if I wanted to, but truth to be told, stuff, other than this project came up, and since I still haven't found an artist to work with, this will probably fall to the bottom of the 'to-do -list'. I'll retract my request for an editor as of now, and will keep things on hold until I manage to secure a budget for art/ a volunteering character artist.
My apologies for everyone.

ColaCat
Veteran

#9 Post by ColaCat »

Sad to hear! I hope you manage to get the project up and running again soon! Shame my art isn't the best, otherwise I would offer to help you with that.

desulishor
Regular

#10 Post by desulishor »

I'll be having a lot more time to work with project from now on, So I'm updating this thread as well, opening post applies as it is.

Karamelow
Veteran
Projects: Fujiwara BitterSweet
Organization: Magic Bench/Karamelow

#11 Post by Karamelow »

Hello!
There's he still a free position for sprites? (é o è)

desulishor
Regular

#12 Post by desulishor »

I am currently working with one artist, if that doesn't bother you, we could look into ways of sharing the work. There are three separate story arcs, I'd appreciate help with CGs at least, if you're only willing to work on sprites, feel free to apply, though your work will be compared, so no guarantees there. I am motivated to make the best game possible with the resources available. (not that I like calling genuine people with their own ideas, dreams and motivations 'resources')