Ideas Dump

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

Re: Ideas Dump

#1336 Post by Shinoki »

A yuri story that thinks about how society thinks... like, yuri/shoujo-ai manga are always like "gosh, she can't be in love with me since we're both girls, right?" "This isn't okay..." "What should I do, I love a girl even though I'm a girl"
I haven't really seen many yet (found one...), but maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#1337 Post by Fungii »

A stat raising game where you have to take care of kemonomimi boys/girls for pedigree type shows.

Because every animal related event is an excuse to make kemonomimis.

Eight Rooks
Regular
Projects: Mirt (chapter one)
Tumblr: therookshavereturned
Deviantart: EightRooks

#1338 Post by Eight Rooks »

Fungii wrote:I just wanna work with someone to make a dating sim that just has a bunch of ojisans in it. That's it, that's all I want.
I don't know if you ever found out about this but there was actually a... game, or anime, or manga, I can't remember - perhaps all three? with this premise. The industry being what it is, "ojisan" in this case pretty much seemed to mean "standard bishounen but with a hint of grey and a few more wrinkles, perhaps glasses if you're lucky" - but it was definitely a thing. Angie Gallant on Quarter to Three/Broken Forum mentioned it in her Let's Play for Hatoful Boyfriend a few years back, IIRC.

EDIT: It's Ristorante Paradiso, apparently. A manga that's been adapted into an anime. No game. Unless ojisan and oyaji don't mean the same thing, in which case ignore me.

Holland
Regular
Projects: Lycoris: Their Journies [WIP], With or Without You [NaNo19]

#1339 Post by Holland »

Fungii wrote:A stat raising game where you have to take care of kemonomimi boys/girls for pedigree type shows.
This is a game I'd pay for - just sayin'.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world

#1340 Post by Shinoki »

For the fujoshi out there... you play as a girl who tries to pair guys up with each other.. as for how that'll work, I don't have a clue, but the bad end could be them falling for you XD

Fungii
Veteran

#1341 Post by Fungii »

Shinoki wrote:For the fujoshi out there... you play as a girl who tries to pair guys up with each other.. as for how that'll work, I don't have a clue, but the bad end could be them falling for you XD
I was actually planning to do something like that for my next game, haha. There were only gonna be 2 guys in it but you had the option of either of them, neither of them, BOTH of them or trying to get them to hook up instead.

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#1342 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Some bxb game about a high school guy who wants to be popular with the girls. He decides to take a mysterious phermone potion created by his science teacher and ends up attracting boys instead.
ImageImage

ApocalypseDoe

#1343 Post by ApocalypseDoe »

A female raccoon, lost in space, interacting with her ship's AI. After years of solitude they find an alien AI that could separate them.

Maybe not the best idea but it was the first thing I thought of after watching this http://itch.io/jam/ruinjam2014 and now I really want to do it.

RosyInk27
Regular
Projects: Rationality, Pastel Sweets

#1344 Post by RosyInk27 »

A tabletop campaign with eight players (ranging from high school age to early 30's) who get sucked into the world of their campaign one day and see that their player avatars have come to life to fight alongside them (not sure how this would play out in VN format, but I found something about this idea really enjoyable :P)
Profile pic made by barachan –– https://barachan.tumblr.com/post/145858769554

sempersapiens
Regular

#1345 Post by sempersapiens »

RosyInk27 wrote:A tabletop campaign with eight players (ranging from high school age to early 30's) who get sucked into the world of their campaign one day and see that their player avatars have come to life to fight alongside them (not sure how this would play out in VN format, but I found something about this idea really enjoyable :P)
That sounds adorable! I'd play it.

Fungii
Veteran

#1346 Post by Fungii »

RosyInk27 wrote:A tabletop campaign with eight players (ranging from high school age to early 30's) who get sucked into the world of their campaign one day and see that their player avatars have come to life to fight alongside them (not sure how this would play out in VN format, but I found something about this idea really enjoyable :P)
Well, Ren'Py is capable of a crude battle system, if you know your coding. Plus you could play with some tropes, like the guy who plays as a sexy woman having to deal with like, meeting this idealised characters. Or the scrawny kid having the huge buff character. The godmodder being told by their own character that they can't do that, but the player insists so much that it happens.

RosyInk27
Regular
Projects: Rationality, Pastel Sweets

#1347 Post by RosyInk27 »

Fungii wrote:
Well, Ren'Py is capable of a crude battle system, if you know your coding. Plus you could play with some tropes, like the guy who plays as a sexy woman having to deal with like, meeting this idealised characters. Or the scrawny kid having the huge buff character. The godmodder being told by their own character that they can't do that, but the player insists so much that it happens.
Ooh, I didn't know that! I'm pretty new when it comes to Renpy coding, so I'll have to take a look through the cookbook...

(Or the really surly GM who now has to fight the overpowered, master strategist villain that they invented for the campaign or the newcomer who now has to put up with the maxed out chaotic neutral character they invented to "spice things up" [read: screw everyone over just for the hell of it] c:)

And that's one of the things I like most about the idea! I'll admit that I've never played a tabletop campaign before, but some of my friends are really into it and the way they've described it sounds so fun from a storytelling standpoint!
Profile pic made by barachan –– https://barachan.tumblr.com/post/145858769554

LinovaA

#1348 Post by LinovaA »

A visual novel that comes in two parts, with the first being your typical slice of life comedy routine that everyone has seen time and time again. Somewhere three quarters through this common route, we would have a little conversation snippet about one your classmates being sick. This wouldn't come up again until the second part of the visual novel when you learned that said classmate died in the hospital of a previously unknown disease. Very quickly after this, the disease would spread throughout the city and the death toll would begin to climb. Then we could have a wonderful drama, tragedy and paranoia thing going on throughout the rest of the story.

I feel like this has been done before.. but at the same time I don't. Just going off what my dreams at night are giving me. :P

Shinoki
Veteran

#1349 Post by Shinoki »

The world is completely flooding. Humanity builds huge towers, with the top for the rich, and the bottom as slums for the poor. The water levels are gradually rising. As the decades go, the lower levels slowly become flooded. The main character and her friends plus sibling live in the current lowest level as the former lowest level had been completely flooded 3 years ago. The flooding rate is getting faster, and by the day, they can feel the water pooling up at their feet. And stuff happens.

=w= I wanted to write this, and then I ended up getting all caught up in--how the heck would such a tower even be built and work if the bottom structure is torn apart and flooded... and the fact that the whole world flooding is basically impossible.

Laniessa
Veteran
Completed: CDC, Cerulean, WBW, Helena's Flowers
Projects: Chomp Chomp, WaV
Tumblr: adirosa
Deviantart: adirosa

#1350 Post by Laniessa »

Shinoki wrote:The world is completely flooding. Humanity builds huge towers, with the top for the rich, and the bottom as slums for the poor. The water levels are gradually rising. As the decades go, the lower levels slowly become flooded. The main character and her friends plus sibling live in the current lowest level as the former lowest level had been completely flooded 3 years ago. The flooding rate is getting faster, and by the day, they can feel the water pooling up at their feet. And stuff happens.

=w= I wanted to write this, and then I ended up getting all caught up in--how the heck would such a tower even be built and work if the bottom structure is torn apart and flooded... and the fact that the whole world flooding is basically impossible.
You could use your Artistic License and make it like Noah's Ark form of flooding, while the bottom floors are only flooded but not torn-apart?

I don't know, it sounds really cool!