Deep Freeze Cafe [gxb] [bxg] [Demo]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Catalyst Edge Gaming
Regular
Completed: Deep Freeze Cafe
Projects: Junkyard
Tumblr: catalystedge

Deep Freeze Cafe [gxb] [bxg] [Demo]

#1 Post by Catalyst Edge Gaming »

A game that is out now by Catalyst Edge Gaming. What happens when you work in a cafe with two of your good friends, but things between you haven't really been that great lately, but no one is doing anything to fix things? Will you be able to mend the broken friendship? Will you help it blossom into more? Or Will it all fall to pieces? That much is up to you in; Deep Freeze Cafe
A sweet story about friendship and romance meant to be a simple and feel good story.
There are 6 possible endings and 2 characters to chose from; Marie and Vince.
DF_poster copy.png
DF_poster copy.png (214.96 KiB) Viewed 1795 times
Marie is the sweet girl whom you've known since college, it was always hard to find her without a smile on her face, until recently. Lately she's been missing work and acting cold, something she's never done before. Though for weeks you've been covering for her and asking her what's wrong, she's still acting stand-offish, you finally decide to confront her one last time before seriously rethinking your friendship, will you be able to fix this crumbling friendship?

Vince on the other hand, is your friend that is flirtatious to the point of despair. His flirty ways have been hurting your pay and lately he has been calling out of work all of the time and leaving you to cover for him, and frankly, you're tired of it! You decide enough is enough and that it's better to finally get some answers from him about why he is calling out of work so much, will he get serious enough to answer you about what's been up with him

*UPDATE:
Marie's path is now available in the demo, and more of Vince's story has been revealed as well, please enjoy :)

Demo:
DeepFreezeCafeDemo2.0-all.zip
Demo Update
(41.61 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
The game is now up for sale, here is the link to the store:
http://www.xoutus.com/xOUTusStore.html
In order to purchase the full game for $0.99 you must make an account and then go to your account and under downloads you will find the file to download, your serial code number will be mailed to you within 24 hours, thank you for your support, enjoy the game :D
Last edited by Catalyst Edge Gaming on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Finished game! Deep Freeze Cafe.

You can buy it here

And of course there's something new in the works. More details will be released on tumblr as the project get's further along~
http://catalystedge.tumblr.com/

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: Deep Freeze Cafe [gxb] [bxg] [Demo]

#2 Post by Godline »

I've only looked at the demo (and this is the demo section which is appropriate), but it seemed like a pretty short demo. The demo's role is to hook you in. Maybe even to feature 1/4 or so of the actual story - not just one scene.

That's the way I've seen when it's done right.

I don't have anything to add regarding issues with the execution. Just from the script, it was just a short snippet so far and there's absolutely zero chemistry between any of the characters yet. If you're trying to get people to buy the game SHOW us that chemistry, make it worth our while. You only have three characters in the whole thing right? Then make it up to us (the audience) by having the characters click together.

juuno
IRC Nick: Juuno

#3 Post by juuno »

I'm downloading the game right now. Will tell you my opinion about it later. ^-^

JuunoDoll
IRC Nick: Juuno

#4 Post by JuunoDoll »

The storyline seems good, and I like the way you make one choose which route to pursue by using the “shift” option. However, I’m afraid that the demo is a bit short. I mean, the demo was good but it seems to be insufficient and lacking in information as a demo. Buuut. I like the art and flow of how you introduced the characters right on. I am looking forward to the full game. Good luck! ^-^