Help Me Reconstruct My Music Thread!

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Women of Xal
Projects: From Our World To Yours
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity
Discord: PlotTwistStudios #1794

Help Me Reconstruct My Music Thread!

#1 Post by ProjectTrinity »

[Thread in Question / Tumblr Post]

Hello, Lovely People!

I have good news and some bad! The bad news is: The main set of prices remain the same. The good news is, I am offering the best alternatives to these prices I've made in years - and it benefits both parties! I've posted here today in hopes of finding a sweet spot for those who have been wanting original music, maybe even from me, but genuinely cannot afford the rates. All I need from the community is a little input. It can go a long, long way in establishing new alternative ways to receive original music for your visual novels and games! So, please take a look at some of the ideas I'm about to present and feel free to give commentary and/or even your own ideas on how I should reconstruct my thread come 2015. (When things are officially going to change up)

THE IDEAS:

Separate Film Music: What this means is there will be two demo reels. One for games, books, and animation; the other for films and companies. This will keep the rate from increasing too high. (Though you will not be able to ask for movie-styled music as it's much more taxing on my time and computer)

Artist Conversion Rate: In case we trade my music for your art, I will match quality, price, and schedule to your own commission rates. If you are inexpensive for other Indies, then you'll receive more music. If your rates match more of those trying to make a living, my rates will match trying to make a living. As I will be more choosy with this, it's ideal for artists who are willing to work for what they want. (While being like me: Trying to save cash!)

Simple Commissions: The songs will not be as complex as regular commissions - and certainly not as much as the film ones - 1-3 instruments will likely be the max, but it will cut down on the costs quite remarkably. A package perfect for those with humble wallets, and are perfectly fine with a calmer, less bombastic score for their project.

Flash Commissions: As inferred, it's a fast and inexpensive pay - fast output. Think of it as a pretty sketch. You will usually get the song you requested within 24 hours of purchase - for, say, $20. It will only be one minute long, and it doesn't cover large edits, do-overs, or be as complex as a film/regular commission, but, I will do the best to cater to the directions/references you give me and it's perfect for those who want an inexpensive trial run or just a few quick original tracks. (I say few, because there will be limits and slots to keep from being overloaded since I have the other slots, too)

Pre-Made Bundle Offers: This one are for those who want instant, legal access to original music that's exclusive to the forum. (I'm trusting if you want to claim exclusive ownership, you'll go with one of the above options!) A good example of this is 20-tracks sharing a similar theme with various moods and situations being orchestrated. The price would range from $5-$15 for non-commercial use, while plans to use any of the songs to sell with a soundtrack would run up to $50-$500, depending on the scenario. (And yep - this is still saving tons of money!) All songs will be fully available for listening prior to purchase/download, probably on a separate thread.

IN SUMMARY:

This thread's creation is my attempt to reach out to everyone else, since I couldn't help but notice I have an impressive amount of views on my original thread and figured I'd catch a few interested souls here with advice/approval/recommendations for how to expand my options out. Everything I've mentioned above are options I'm weighing, and your voices (or posts) can definitely help tilt my decision one way or the other when I'm prettying up my main thread later this year. Just a simple "I like A/B/C" or "Could you perhaps add a H, I, J" could help make my contributions to the VN scene much more beneficial for all those around. Thanks for reading~ =)

-TeamPT

ProjectTrinity
Regular
Completed: Women of Xal
Projects: From Our World To Yours
Tumblr: projecttrinity
Deviantart: ProjectTrinity
Soundcloud: TeamProjectTrinity
Discord: PlotTwistStudios #1794

Re: Help Me Reconstruct My Music Thread!

#2 Post by ProjectTrinity »

==Placeholder Spot To Highlight Ideas and FAQ==

And, added a Tumblr link! It basically repeats what this thread says, so if you don't prefer Tumblr or have no reason to be there, it's of no consequence to you.