Seat of Power - A WW2 VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

Seat of Power - A WW2 VN

#1 Post by Barzini »

Hey all!

I've actually been skulking around the forums of Lemma Soft for quite awhile now :lol:

Worked on a few visual novels' plots but the game was never finished - Therefore I shall take matters into my own hands HAHA! I would like to introduce you to this project-

Seat of Power - Well, this is a working title for now.

However, I have always been inspired by stories from movies such as the famed Grave of the Fireflies, anyone here a fan?

Let me continue pitching my idea to you -

Summary of story:
The game is divided into three sections – Where a fictional family of four resides in Japan during the closing stage of the Second World War.

The Yukimura family, a zaibatsu that owns interests from agriculture to arms-making is facing a crisis in Japan. The head of the family, the elderly Hisashi Yukimura has been able to use his political connections to prevent his son and grandson from being drafted into the military. However, Kichiro Yukimura, his grandson - a young, fervent nationalist is determined to aid Japan in its war against the western invaders.

Ryota Yukimura, Kichiro’s father and Hisashi’s son, is however, making a deal that if discovered, will be considered the ultimate act of treason in Japan.

Miyuki Yukimura, however, is caught in between her role as a mother and one who is despised by the elderly Hisashi for her “western” ways.

Notable events: Battle of Okinawa (1 April – 21 June 1945) & Bombing of Shizuoka (June 19, 1945)
------------------

I have already written quite a fair bit of the story - However, I have a dream which is to make sure that EVERY decision you make in this story MATTERS. Even if it will pain my fingers to write just a little more, I will do it. A good and solid story that makes you reflect after going through it, that is my goal.

As a former history student, I will make sure that the story for the game matches history as much as possible, though, clearly, there will be some deviation from reality for dramatization purposes.

I am currently looking for a team that is willing to stay with me throughout the project and work on it with me and turn this story into a reality. I am open, known for being honest and direct in my dealings.

I am currently looking for-

A logo designer!
Artists (CG, Character art etc.) - CLOSED
Sound - CLOSED
Music - CLOSED
Ren'Py Programmer - CLOSED
Background Artist - [bCLOSED[/b]

If you are keen, please drop me an email at afterthoughtstudios9@gmail.com along with samples of work

Alternatively...

You can leave a comment below, indicating your work interest and leave samples of work below :D along with a way to contact you of course...

--------------------

I am unable to pay you for your work, however, as I intend to bring the game to the very end, which is to say, publish it for sale eventually, on various platforms, I am more than happy to give you a cut of the profit for your work.

Media

"Oh, I've seen your type of visual novels a thousand times..."

Hey, perhaps. Perhaps not. However, I have a lot of friends in the media industry (being in it myself) and these people will be more than happy to provide us with free coverage. So I got PR covered. PR is MOST CRUCIAL to the backbone of any game.

Marketing

I do not believe in traditional marketing. That is a thing of the past. Right now, it is all about social media and who is better at using it. Combined with media relations, I am confident that together, we can forge a project and novel that will convince people - "This will be good, let us try it."

I really hope that I would be able to hear from you guys soon! If you have questions, do not hesitate to drop a comment below, and I will do my very best to answer you!
Last edited by Barzini on Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:00 am, edited 10 times in total.

Angie
Regular

Re: Looking for a team - A meaningful WW2 Visual Novel

#2 Post by Angie »

You have an interesting idea, and the fact that you have PR covered is a big plus also.

I wish you good luck with this! And I will surely look forward to see this project come to life :)
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost

#3 Post by Barzini »

Angie wrote:You have an interesting idea, and the fact that you have PR covered is a big plus also.

I wish you good luck with this! And I will surely look forward to see this project come to life :)
Thank you very much for your kind words! Please help me by spreading the word around! :)

Barzini
Regular

#4 Post by Barzini »

We've got a sound guy! Have made edits to the first post!
Founder of Afterthought Studios

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

Barzini
Regular

Re: Looking for Artists - A WW2 VN

#5 Post by Barzini »

We need only artists now! :)

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

tomtato

Re: Looking for Artists (No adult content)- A WW2 VN

#6 Post by tomtato »

Hi! This project sound interesting, i like these kinda stories based on history :D

Anyway, here's some of my art: http://aradied.deviantart.com/
If you're interested, pls contact me there or at tomtato@hotmail.com
though i can't promise that I will be able to finish the art really fast (cause of school), but i'll try my best!

also i'm wondering if you have any sketches of how u want the characters to look like?

Barzini
Regular

#7 Post by Barzini »

tomtato wrote:Hi! This project sound interesting, i like these kinda stories based on history :D

Anyway, here's some of my art: http://aradied.deviantart.com/
If you're interested, pls contact me there or at tomtato@hotmail.com
though i can't promise that I will be able to finish the art really fast (cause of school), but i'll try my best!

also i'm wondering if you have any sketches of how u want the characters to look like?
Hey there! I emailed you! Please take a look! :)

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

tomtato

#8 Post by tomtato »

I didn't get an email? Are you sure you typed it right cause that happens a lot.
Or you can just PM me : )

Barzini
Regular

#9 Post by Barzini »

tomtato wrote:I didn't get an email? Are you sure you typed it right cause that happens a lot.
Or you can just PM me : )
I emailed you again! :( I copied the email you gave me... Did it go into Junk by accident?

I PM-ed you anyway! :)

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

Barzini
Regular

Re: Need Logo Designer (No adult content)- A WW2 VN

#10 Post by Barzini »

We need a logo designer now for the VN :)

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Need Logo Designer (No adult content)- A WW2 VN

#11 Post by Kato »

I love the idea behind this and it seems very promising. If you would like, in exchange for an exec producer credit, I would not mind donating a logo and other assets here and there if needed, plus a 900+ strong Facebook account to help market it. :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Barzini
Regular

Re: Seat of Power (NEED BACKGROUND ARTIST)- A WW2 VN

#12 Post by Barzini »

We need background artists now! :)

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

Barzini
Regular

Re: Seat of Power (NEED BACKGROUND ARTIST)- A WW2 VN

#13 Post by Barzini »

Still looking for BG artists!

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power