[Postponed/Indefinite Hiatus]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Sigma
Projects: Flowers of Vanrie

[Postponed/Indefinite Hiatus]

#1 Post by Sigma »

Hello everyone!

However, the otome focuses on the first princess of Vanrie - a kingdom who prides itself on its peaceful ways and medicinal knowledge. Our princess does not have a favorable reputation and often pales in comparison to her twin Aria. But with her two faithful guards Evan and Rafael, our first princess lives a relatively content life until the current king announced his plans for retirement! Political sabotage, assassinations, and covert warfare arise as the whole kingdom becomes worried about its future! Play in the eyes of Vanrie's first princess and see what this peaceful kingdom has in store for you!

----------- Important Notes! -----------
Our current form(s) of communication is via Skype and a personal journal on Microsoft OneNote.

Updates!
10/8/2014 - Currently we have increased the amount of candidates from six (6) to eight (8)! More sprites galore! We also have started to use Google Docs and Facebook Messenger as a form of communication (on top of the already color-barfed OneNote and Skype)!
10/16/2014 - We have found our art advisor(s)! However, it looks like we may need a programmer after all... more details in the "Position List"!
10/20/2014 - We have found our programmer! Still searching for an editor and a colorist!
11/14/2014 - Slimmed down this post to make it easier to read! I removed the character descriptions and pictures as they are currently outdated. Rewrote the introduction!
11/28/2014 - Edited the logo!

05/12/2016 - Story, outline, and overall project size is being reworked. This game/idea will be off hiatus once solid organization has been put in place.
Last edited by Sigma on Thu May 12, 2016 8:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

Re: Looking for Writers! [Princess Otome, GxB]

#2 Post by breadslam »

Could you be more specific with what you'd like your potential team members to do? For example, you might want to detail what's expected of a programmer -- the basics (such as setting up flags, creating transitions, linking choices and scenes, etc.) or something that might require someone with more experience (such as making a mini-game, designing a battle engine, allowing players to assign skill points, etc.).

Oh, I also didn't see any attachments to your post. They must not have gone through properly.

Sigma

Re: Looking for Writers! [Otome, GxB]

#3 Post by Sigma »

breadslam wrote:Could you be more specific with what you'd like your potential team members to do? For example, you might want to detail what's expected of a programmer -- the basics (such as setting up flags, creating transitions, linking choices and scenes, etc.) or something that might require someone with more experience (such as making a mini-game, designing a battle engine, allowing players to assign skill points, etc.).

Oh, I also didn't see any attachments to your post. They must not have gone through properly.
Thank you so much for catching that! I must have thought I attached it, but forgot about it so thank you very much for that. I have also edited my original post with more details for potential team members. ^^

Though, I was just thinking of a more traditional approach for the project so while being experienced with vn-writing and the works is appreciated I will also be happy with people looking forward to build up a portfolio of all sorts.

breadslam
Regular
Tumblr: breadslam

#4 Post by breadslam »

Ah, there they are. : )

I'm glad you found a programmer for your project and wish you the best of luck.

Sigma

#5 Post by Sigma »

breadslam wrote:Ah, there they are. : )

I'm glad you found a programmer for your project and wish you the best of luck.
Thank you very much! ^^ I hope it'll be just as successful!

ColaCat
Veteran

#6 Post by ColaCat »

I can help ideabounce for you if you like.

Sigma

#7 Post by Sigma »

ColaCat wrote:I can help ideabounce for you if you like.
Hiya Cola! Thank you very much for the interest! Currently testing the waters and group dynamics, but once everyone has settled in (give or take a few days) I'll be sure to send you a pm your way. ^^ Can't have too many chefs in the kitchen, yes?

ColaCat
Veteran

#8 Post by ColaCat »

Okay, I'll look forward to it! True, but then again, too many cooks spoil the broth. Still, for something like this it's good to get as many opinions as possible.

Lucy1212
Regular
Completed: None, yet
Projects: The Roses are Covered in Blood, Her Dolls, Where the Wind Travels

#9 Post by Lucy1212 »

I'm very interested in a writing position. I can send you a piece of sample writing if you like. (For sample writing, is there any genre you'd prefer?)
I'm a wordsmith baby~

Sigma

#10 Post by Sigma »

Lucy1212 wrote:I'm very interested in a writing position. I can send you a piece of sample writing if you like. (For sample writing, is there any genre you'd prefer?)
Hello! Unfortunately, we do have a strong writing team going on. However I do know for a fact that we are still looking for editors, proofreaders, and idea bouncers. So if you're still interested you can send a sample my way. ^^ I typically don't mind the genre but I suppose if you have something medieval-wish/fantasy of the sort that would quite fantastic!

I'll be editing the thread to reflect the current changes though! Sorry to misinform! >_<

Lucy1212
Regular
Completed: None, yet
Projects: The Roses are Covered in Blood, Her Dolls, Where the Wind Travels

Re: Looking for Art Advisor/Colorist!! [Otome, GxB]

#11 Post by Lucy1212 »

Idea bouncing would also be great. Here's a quick, comedy-centric piece of sample writing I wrote up yesterday. If you'd prefer something longer or of a different genre, tell me. It's also not in screenplay writing format. I don't know if that matters sine I'm not trying out for a writing position anymore, but if you want me to rewrite it or write another, please tell me.

Once upon a time, there was a young monster who adored all things cute. This monster's name was Arashi. Arashi was a peaceful sort of monster, who had to remain in the confines of his cave because of his appearance. Arashi was a sad monster.
But one day, a miracle arrived at his door step.

It was a normal day. I was cleaning my cave, as usual. There wasn't much else to do, really. Sure, I could spend my time terrorizing humans and making the my slaves, but I've seen what happens to monsters who act like that.
The things that happen to them are the stuff of nightmares for monsters like me.
Anyway, the point is I was cleaning my damp, dark cave when my super sensitive ears heard something. Something bigger than the lizards I usually hear splashing around in the puddles.
Arashi: Hello? Is anyone there?
Silence was the only response I got.
Arashi: Hello? Don't worry, I won't hurt you.
A small voice emanated from the darkness.
???: Really...?
Arashi: Yes, so you can come out now.
Footsteps. The source of the voice was slowly coming closer.
Finally, it was close enough to see. Turns out it was a little girl, of all things.
Little Girl: You promise you won’t hurt me, Monster-san?
I felt my jaw hit the ground. How did a human girl get in my cave? Why wasn’t she running away in terror? And most importantly…
Arashi: How can you be so adorable?
Little Girl: What?
I looked for a quick cover up.
Arashi: Nothing. Just talking to myself.
Little Girl: Oh, okay. My name is Aiko. What’s yours?
Arashi: Oh! Um… Arashi.
She started talking again, but all I could do was imagine her calling me onii-san while wearing a school uniform. I’d never thought of myself as dangerous before, but if these thoughts were any indication, I probably was.
Aiko: Arashi-san? Are you listening?
Arashi: Oh, yeah, sure Aiko-chan. Just repeat it one more time so I can be sure that you were listening.
Aiko: That doesn’t make any sense, Arashi-san. As I was saying, I’m lost. Can you please tell me the way out?
A devious plan was forming in my mind. I am most definitely a danger to society, or cute little girls at the very least.
Arashi: Call me Arashi-sama. And I’m your new owner.
So much for not owning slaves. But she’s just so cute, don’t I get the right to mess with her just a little? I mean, I’ll release her as soon as I get my dark desires satisfied.
Aiko: Wah…?
Arashi: So, Aiko-chan, what would you like to wear first? The maid costume or the school uniform?
Aiko: Stay away from me, you weird… otaku freak!
Arashi: Now, Aiko-chan, that’s not a very nice way to treat your new master…

Arashi was a monster who adored all things cute. Perhaps dangerously so…

PS. I'm not the greatest at writing comedy, so it might not be one of my best works.
I'm a wordsmith baby~

Sigma

Re: Looking for Art Advisor/Colorist!! [Otome, GxB]

#12 Post by Sigma »

I apologize for the late reply! It's been quite hectic the last few days.

Ah, but onto your sample. xD I thought you would be writing in something your familiar with. However, when I do ask for a sample of sorts it's more than just looking for a writer. Samples, at least for me, are very useful in getting to know the person and how their style would mesh with the current styles we have now. Unfortunately with the current team right now, it would seem as if the fit wouldn't be as snug as I would like to hope. However, I am very happy that you took the time and effort to write up a sample for me. ^_^ And for that, I'm very thankful for your interest even if isn't what we were quite looking for. I hope that you will continue to be interested in the project in the future (once things have started to solidify and whatnot, of course!)

Zalkyria
Regular

Re: Looking for Editors/Art Advisor/Colorist!! [Otome, GxB]

#13 Post by Zalkyria »

Well I can help color if you still need someone to color?
Currently working on Dance With Me? - Danny Phantom Date Sim.
Link to our blog - http://dpdatesim.tumblr.com/
Currently looking for writers, and help with coding on the game. Please contact me or JaxxyLupei, on here or message on the blog.

Sigma

#14 Post by Sigma »

Zalkyria wrote:Well I can help color if you still need someone to color?
Yes! We are still looking for someone to help color! ^_^ Would I happen to be able to look at a few samples of your style(s)? I could also send some line art via pm if that works out better for you.

-- Also, updated the original post so everything is up to date!

Zalkyria
Regular

#15 Post by Zalkyria »

linearts would help but i do have something that i can show you as well.
Currently working on Dance With Me? - Danny Phantom Date Sim.
Link to our blog - http://dpdatesim.tumblr.com/
Currently looking for writers, and help with coding on the game. Please contact me or JaxxyLupei, on here or message on the blog.