Win The Game [Battle Royale Sim]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Alice PH
Regular

Re: Win The Game [Battle Royale Sim]

#46 Post by Alice PH »

I don't think this is actually a problem of the game, but uh, haha, I was just wondering is there no other way to avoid killing any of them, when they attack me? Or is there anyway to communicate with ppl like, Emi? And saving everyone? Oh, and one more question I hope you wouldn't mind is that the third ending, I don't understand how to do that?
Well, other than those questions, I must say, this is really well-made and I love Battle Royale a lot so I was really excited for the game, I got a really good weapons too xD It was an aweeesome experience!!
If you give your words on the game that you will finish.
I will wait. Let it be 2 years,4 years or more ★

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

#47 Post by unknown5 »

xxstrangesoulxx wrote:Ok so I got a bug after I killed Kenji and entered the shrine where Mari is located.
got the same error doing the same thing. ventilated kenji then went straight to mari and got the sayer m error.
lotsa fun. really enjoyed the story. =)
information wants to be free, yo.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#48 Post by Aleema »

That's really weird. I clearly remember fixing that. o_O Anyway, uploading new version now.
Alice PH wrote:I don't think this is actually a problem of the game, but uh, haha, I was just wondering is there no other way to avoid killing any of them, when they attack me? Or is there anyway to communicate with ppl like, Emi? And saving everyone? Oh, and one more question I hope you wouldn't mind is that the third ending, I don't understand how to do that?
You can flee battle, but not all battles allow you to flee (for story reasons). The code is open source, if you wanted to change that. ;)

As for the third ending: it's like the 2nd ending, but you type something different. You know the answer, trust me. I want to avoid spelling it out here, so that the same "I can't believe that worked" experience is the same for you.

KusanagiKyo
Projects: Edgy (Non-commercial, flag type dating)

#49 Post by KusanagiKyo »

It's been a long time, but the Mari bug (sayer M) is still there. Don't know if that actually messes with the game or not.

The game is extremely fun, addicting even. I played through on three different save files. The only ending I've gotten so far, begrudgingly, is me acting as the villain and killing everyone without holding back. (I pulled it off due to my Fallout 3 logic of kill everything for the hell of it.)

I'm looking forward to trying to get a sort of good ending where I save a few people. The game is extremely difficult without a gun in the beginning, especially if you run into a certain chain saw wielding psycho, or armor wearing boss. -_-

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#50 Post by Asceai »

You don't need a gun at the start if you play pacifist, save all the time and avoid anyone dangerous (except Kenji- I think you have to confront him and run away at least once, otherwise you can't get to Mari first)

It's a little harder to kill everyone though. I'm trying for the kill everyone ending with a shoe..

EDIT: Actually, I take it back, that was pretty easy. I didn't realise how many problems not helping Hitomo would solve. From then I had the shotgun and bulletproof armour available, which made taking out Ikoma a cinch.

plaster
Regular
Tumblr: plasterbrain
Soundcloud: plasterbrain

#51 Post by plaster »

I tried to go the most pacifist possible and got wrecked by the time limit and Ikoma having the best items. I'm going to try and kill everyone now.

Also is Murder SIM actually a genre? Because I'd totally be up for more games like this.

(ALSO GOMEN IF THIS IS NECROPOSTING AND MY MESSAGE ISN'T MEANINGFUL ENOUGH OTL)

Asceai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: a battle engine

#52 Post by Asceai »

plaster wrote:I tried to go the most pacifist possible and got wrecked by the time limit and Ikoma having the best items. I'm going to try and kill everyone now.

Also is Murder SIM actually a genre? Because I'd totally be up for more games like this.

(ALSO GOMEN IF THIS IS NECROPOSTING AND MY MESSAGE ISN'T MEANINGFUL ENOUGH OTL)
It is a (rare) genre in VNs- FLAT's Killer Queen + sequels are probably the most well known, but there's a few other doujin VNs along the same lines. You could probably make a case for Danganronpa, although it's not strictly the same.

In terms of actual murder sims with the requisite gameplay, this is the only one I've seen. I think it's a fantastic idea, really, and I'd like to see more. Even though this was just intended as a simple 'example game' to demonstrate the engine, I had a lot of fun with it.

plaster
Regular

#53 Post by plaster »

I might just make something out of the engine because I like it so much. I think Dangan Ronpa was more of a detective psychopop... thing. Still I love this plot scenario nonetheless.

update: I have successfully murdered everyone.
I got wrecked trying to use the boat in the harbor and somehow my save got out of whack, so I'm going to try it again. Says something for the gameplay quality when I'm willing to go at it this many times in a row, hehe.

plaster
Regular

#54 Post by plaster »

I just remembered. If Aleema comes back -- any influence from "The Most Dangerous Game?" Guy winds up on a deserted island and a dude in a mansion tries to hunt him for sport?

Or on that note, Lord of the Flies? Gosh, I have to finish reading that. i think it got scrapped from the advanced middle schoolish curriculum in favor of 3 musketeers, which is admittedly a pretty good deal

Also I finished the game and loved it to pieces. If only the free-play was multiplayer, then all my dreams would come true.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#55 Post by qirien »

Hey, I really enjoyed this game! Thanks for making it! I love how all the backgrounds change with the time of day, and the characters were all varied and interesting. The music and sound effects all fit just right. And I liked all the endings... :twisted:

Also, thank you so much for making your game open source! That will help me and a lot of other game makers as we are learning. Looking at the code, it is really well-organized (lots of inheritance and object-oriented programming) and well-documented - I'm impressed. The whole interface was really well done, and I can tell a lot of work went into the character AI.

I did notice some bugs, though...
- At the bridge, I let Hitomo die by falling off the bridge, but she was there at the bathhouse when I talked to Nanako. She doesn't show up as LOST in the stats, either.
- In one game, at the end of Day 1, it said "Goro Ryusaki, Goro Ryusaki, Goro Ryusaki, Kenji Sakai, Ai Watabe, Goro Ryusaki have all lost the game"
- I attacked Ikoma at the school, and it said he fled West, but that was a forbidden zone. But then I found him alive later. Maybe he just cut through a corner of it? :-)
- When you use a bear trap, your own followers can get caught in it? Is this a bug? It was actually kind of nice in my meanie game because it was the only way I could get rid of Mari (I left her at the shrine at the beginning of the game so she didn't witness the slaughter of everyone else on the island, and then when I came back I couldn't attack her...)
I have to say, my favorite character of all was
the computer. I love how you included him in the GUI, nice touch!
Thanks again for such a fun game!
Finished games:

maricon

#56 Post by maricon »

That was fun :) (if buggy). I think the whole experience would benefit from some hunger system (and maybe difficulty setting).
One question though: Was Mari supposed to stay at the bathouse?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#57 Post by Aleema »

maricon wrote:That was fun :) (if buggy). I think the whole experience would benefit from some hunger system (and maybe difficulty setting).
One question though: Was Mari supposed to stay at the bathouse?
She goes to the bathhouse to hide if you upset her.

maricon

#58 Post by maricon »

I guess it's a bug then. I avoided fights and reached bathhouse and she just stayed there.

Ordog
Regular

#59 Post by Ordog »

Currently playing !
But yesterday I encountered a problem:
If you kill Ai first then go to the bridge and bribe Hitomo-chan (With walkie-talkies) then go to check the locked houses without killing them; then go and slaughter everyone (Fumie, Keitaro, Takeshi, Ikoma, Yuki and the girl in the hospital whose name I've forgotten) and if in the meantime the bath-house become a forbidden area, then you're are left to wait until the end of the game. You're told that 4 players are left, but you can't go and get the last piece of wood needed for the boat, nor go and kill the girls. You end up waiting for the last announcement telling you, too much players are left so you all die~

Here is the map:
screenshot0002.png
And here are the people left (I checked: those two plus Hitomo and me)
screenshot0002.png
It was the 9th day already. (Out of 14th days)

So, how do you get rid of those 3 immortal girls and WinTheGame ? xD

EDIT:
I reloaded and got my hands on the last piece of wood before the cave became a forbidden area and managed to repair the boat but...
screenshot0001.png
I can't carry it by myself ?! And everyone is dead or unreachable. Is it a bug or was is there anyway to still finish the game ?

ninjagrass
Regular
Projects: To Love Ru Trial Trouble, Bleach Battle Ignition, A new secret project...

#60 Post by ninjagrass »

Thank you very much for open-sourcing this! Great game by the way!