Otome Sprites [4 Males | 2 Females | Updated 3.1.16]

This section is for people to post assets that people can use in their games. Everything here should have a creative commons or other open license, or be in the public domain.
Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

Otome Sprites [4 Males | 2 Females | Updated 3.1.16]

#1 Post by Elze »

Sprite sets that I upload here are free to use, under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. Please credit me as Elzee, not Elze. :)

EDIT & UPDATE: Happy New Year, everyone! Added a new female sprite that comes with 2 outfits (hence the big file size). Download links are below, and you can refer to my last post on this thread for more details and a preview. Have fun and I hope this comes in handy!

Click on the links below to preview the sprites before downloading them:
Male Student 1
Male Student 2
Male Student 3
Male Student 4
Female Student 1
Female Student 2
Attachments
Spriteset - Female Student 2.rar
(58.08 MiB) Downloaded 8315 times
Spriteset - Female Student 1.rar
(27.53 MiB) Downloaded 8752 times
Spriteset - Male Student 4.rar
(13.1 MiB) Downloaded 6091 times
Spriteset - Male Student 3.rar
(9.36 MiB) Downloaded 6484 times
Spriteset - Male Student 2.rar
(6.52 MiB) Downloaded 6390 times
Spriteset - Male Student 1.rar
(3.66 MiB) Downloaded 6260 times
Last edited by Elze on Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

Re: Male Otome Sprite (practice, may upload more)

#2 Post by Sharm »

That's a good looking and good quality sprite! I think this is a great way to get back into the habit of drawing, I look forward to seeing more.
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Elze
Veteran

Re: Otome Sprites [2 males | updated 28.9.14]

#3 Post by Elze »

Thanks Sharm! C:
Ehhh well I drew another one but I think I prefer the first one. Got lazy with the colouring. Hopefully the next one will be better.

Sayumi101
Veteran
Completed: Closing Spaces, Pastel Rain, Straight Up: Sister-zoned!, Run 'N Gun
Projects: Hunta-H ~Romancing Idols~
Deviantart: Sayumi101
itch: sayumi101

Re: Otome Sprites [2 males | updated 28.9.14]

#4 Post by Sayumi101 »

Wow, absolutely L.O.V.E these sprites. Not to mention they're totally easy on the eyes XD
Thanks a bunch for offering them out for free. And I'll let you know (and credit you of course) if I use them in any projects.
ImageImageImage

Elze
Veteran

Re: Otome Sprites [3 males | updated 6.10.14]

#5 Post by Elze »

Thanks Sayumi! No prob and I'd love to see a game with them if you do make one :)

I uploaded one more.. And I noticed that the number of expressions is increasing LOL. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but I'm still having difficulty resuming my past drawing and colouring speed :/

Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

#6 Post by Crystaline Spade »

I love them! I downloaded all 3 and was thinking of using them in a simple project! Is that okay?
But, I also want to wait and see if you add anymore...
I'd love to see some more of your art.

From Spade
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

champignonkinoko
Regular

#7 Post by champignonkinoko »

They look great! The colouring is done very nicely, I love how there are so many layers of depth to the clothes, the face, the hair, everything!! Would look forward to female sprites from you ;)

michan
Regular
Projects: The Witch's Tomb (wip), Caraltian Cookoff (wip), Detective Cross (wip)

#8 Post by michan »

I downloaded all three! Erp... May be using them for KILLSWITCH, a 'prison break'/'death game' kind of... thing (i.e., they have to kill each other, but there IS a happy TRUE END)... Hope you wouldn't mind... ^-^;
Coming SoonSometime Next Year! ^^
Detective Cross & the Raven Hall Riddles (DEMO OUT!)
Image Image

Elze
Veteran

#9 Post by Elze »

Woah thanks for all the replies, guys! I really appreciate it.

Hello Spade! Thanks and I'm glad you like them! Yup please feel free to use them in any projects you have! Hmm I should be adding more sprites over time but I can't guarantee that the style will stay the same. To be honest, I'm really just drawing sprites as a way to force myself to do full body drawings, so once I get the hang of it, I might want to move on to do more complicated drawings. If the sprites are of use to people on this forum, I'll be happy to continue supplying more though.

Thanks Kinoko! Would female sprites be of interest to anyone? I was planning to continue drawing male sprites cos I noticed there were quite a few CC females available on this forum. But if there's an interest for females, I can look at drawing females too :)

Hi michan! Your game sounds like fun! No worries, go ahead and use them in any kind of game you want. I'm gradually trying to add more expressions so that more people can use them for different sorts of game. I'm just naming them as "otome sprites" so that people know what type of drawing style to expect.

Just a note to all, but I only draw sprites (or anything at all) when I have free time over the weekends. I'll be busy this weekend, so my next sprite will probably be up the next weekend.

Sharm
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Twin Crowns, Weather Wizard

#10 Post by Sharm »

I think a few girl sprites would be good, it opens up other story possibilities beyond a pure romance game. Really the more sprites you have in the same style, the more useful they all become regardless of what the next sprite is. Personally I'd like to see some men in their 30's. :D
Works in Progress: Twin Crowns | Weather Wizard

Crystaline Spade
Regular
Projects: Where the Wind Travels
Tumblr: crystaline-spade
Deviantart: CrystalineSpade

#11 Post by Crystaline Spade »

Yeah. I'd love to see some female sprites!
You mentioned that there are a lot of female sprites elsewhere but, I personally prefer to have the sprites done by the same person or done in a very similar style.
I still love your art but it'd be nice to see some verity.
Do you have art anywhere else? Like DA? I'd like to look at sometime.

From Spade
Image an otome game.
Our-Sight(working title)

michan
Regular
Projects: The Witch's Tomb (wip), Caraltian Cookoff (wip), Detective Cross (wip)

#12 Post by michan »

Elze wrote:Hi michan! Your game sounds like fun! No worries, go ahead and use them in any kind of game you want. I'm gradually trying to add more expressions so that more people can use them for different sorts of game. I'm just naming them as "otome sprites" so that people know what type of drawing style to expect.

Just a note to all, but I only draw sprites (or anything at all) when I have free time over the weekends. I'll be busy this weekend, so my next sprite will probably be up the next weekend.
You just made our day! Killswitch is kinda a collab with a friend of mine, and she was so excited, she went and used your sprites to test out some of the scenes already written :lol: ... Not that I can blame her. ^^

Always thankful for whatever you come up with!
Coming SoonSometime Next Year! ^^
Detective Cross & the Raven Hall Riddles (DEMO OUT!)
Image Image

sharikah
Regular

#13 Post by sharikah »

Wow these are great!!! Do you draw girls also?

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#14 Post by AsHLeX »

Love this!! Especially the last one <3 Hehe. Thanks for the sprites!!!
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Elze
Veteran

Re: Otome Sprites [4 males | updated 18.10.14]

#15 Post by Elze »

I'm glad you found them useful, Michan! I'd love to play your game when it's ready :D

As usual, thanks for all the comments! Good to hear that my sprites are of some use to people :) Seems like there's a demand for female sprites as well. I actually find it easier to draw females, which is why I wanted to practice on drawing males. For now I did another male sprite because I wanted to try drawing a slightly "tougher" guy with short hair. I'll see if I can work on a female sprite next but I do still have a couple of male sprites that I'd like to have a hand at (such as bespectacled bishounen). I'll likely be churning out more student sprites as I presume it's more useful to have sprites from the same setting/background?

Aside to Spade, thanks for asking! I used to be activate on tumblr and dA but I kind of died on both platforms 2 years ago, so I'd rather not link to inactive accounts haha.

Ehh seems like my original post is getting a bit long with the image previews. I might have to do something about that if I do add more sprites.