The [XXX] Tragedy [Fantasy][Mystery][KN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

The [XXX] Tragedy [Fantasy][Mystery][KN]

#1 Post by nebulaway »

placement for now until i can make a better logo
Once upon a time, there was a young girl named Gertrude. She attended an academy in a world where the only practitioners of magic, particularly Healing Magic, is only done by the nuns. Despite that, she has worked hard to earn the grades and to gain a proper education in the Goldmoon Academy in Goldmoon Heights.

Soon, a series of mysterious kidnappings occur in the Academy happen just as quickly as the paranoia of a member of royalty comes to visit the Academy. Why are these young girls being kidnapped? Who's doing these treacherous deeds? What are they doing to the girls? What does Gertrude have anything to do it?

The only answer Gertrude has to these series of questions is the fact that her best friend, Charlotte, has gone missing. The only other ally she has is her outspoken, foul-mouthed mentor - Professor Rosemary.
The [XXX] Tragedy is (or should be) a short kinetic novel set in a fictional world filled with fictional people.

CHARACTERS

XXX
Natsumi (age 29)
A delivery woman who shows up in the prologue and epilogue. Originally, she wanted to become a punk rock singer but finally realized that she is not only tone-deaf but can't actually play the guitar very well. Loud, abrasive, and easily annoyed, Natsumi isn't known to be a lover of books, much less reading them; yet she takes an interest in this one...

XXX
Gertrude (age 13)
A student of Goldmoon Academy as well as the protagonist of this story. On paper, she is learning Healing Magic to become a nun but in reality, she's learning magic so she can be equipped to help people in her town of Brighthollow. She has an older sister named Monica and looks up to her a lot. Quiet, ambitious, and cheerful, she gets along with most people and doesn't really do anything to stand out on her own.

XXX
Charlotte (age 12)
A student of Goldmoon Academy. On paper, she is learning Magic to become a nun. In reality, she detests Healing Magic and is interested in morbid things, especially in the Dark Arts. Introverted, gloomy, and a little arrogant, it's hard for other people to understand her. She excels in potions and Gertrude often goes to her for help when it comes to potions or anything that surrounds it.

XXX
Professor Rosemary (age 36)
A professor at Goldmoon Academy. On paper, she's a trained nun dedicated to teaching young women of the next generation how to become the best nuns for Lightlea as can be. In reality, she's anything but holy. Loud, outspoken, foul-mouthed, she literally doesn't care who you are - if you do her or anyone she cares about wrong, she'll let you know. This usually gets her in trouble with the Headmaster but he doesn't fire her simply because one fired professor is enough - especially with the secrets the Academy carries.

...along with many more characters

SCREENSHOTS

none at the moment, sorry...
CREDITS
SPRITES: a27052188 (BASSnovel), catdodo (BASSnovel), 可蘿露卡露琪 (BASSnovel), 櫻野露 (BASSnovel)
BACKGROUNDS: Uncle Mugen, Tamaei, Bi-tachi over material Museum
ETC
Hello everyone! This is my very first attempt at a visual kinetic novel. I'm trying to do something small as my first one but hopefully it won't turn into a 6 hour novel...^^;

Anyway, this may or may not be actually canon aligned with Gertrude's story I'm going to make in RPG MAKER VX ACE but if you guys decide to play it as well (the link to my RPG Maker blog is in my signature).

I guess you can see this as sort of... a historical fiction within the world since this is supposed to take place during the medieval-ish times. Natsumi is also part of the world but part of a different timeline. I may or may not make a VN/KN about her but it depends how, honestly, if her story will flow better in this format.

Anyway, right now, I'm feeling sick and I haven't put up the sprites (yet) I want for my story so people can see what type of person the characters are.

I really want to give myself a challenge and see if I can finish this within the month of October 2014. I'm still writing the script, you see, and I 'm still trying to decide what music should go with it as I'm writing it (which is why it's in the Ideas section, heh).

I look forward to some feedback, should anyone have any! I shall also try to answer some questions as well if anyone has them! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this long post!! If you want to read more about my process, you can read my VN blog!
PLEASE LEAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS!!
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!

iamwhatonearth
Regular
Projects: The Town Called Data
Tumblr: iamwhatonearth
Deviantart: whatonearth

Re: The [XXX] Tragedy [Fantasy][Mystery][KN]

#2 Post by iamwhatonearth »

I just wanted to let you know one month is a short deadline. You'd probably have to stick to something pretty short or really rush it to meet that deadline.

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#3 Post by sasquatchii »

I like it! Magical academy stuff is always fun. The one thing I'm confused about is why it's called the XXX tragedy? Is it going to have adult subject matter?
ImageImage

nebulaway
Regular
Organization: Magical Girl Tears
Tumblr: nebula-way
itch: basicbaka

#4 Post by nebulaway »

iamwhatonearth wrote:I just wanted to let you know one month is a short deadline. You'd probably have to stick to something pretty short or really rush it to meet that deadline.
ahh, thank you but i'll be fine. the majority of the time anyway is actually writing and coding the thing. ^^ i'm a perfectionist but if i put myself in a reasonable deadline, i'm positive it'll come out the way i want it to (especially since i'm doing my utter best to push off feature creep)!
sasquatchii wrote:I like it! Magical academy stuff is always fun. The one thing I'm confused about is why it's called the XXX tragedy? Is it going to have adult subject matter?
thank you so much ;;; and to answer your question: nope, there is no adult subject matter. the reason why it's called "The [XXX] Tragedy" is because the original name of the tragedy has been lost throughout time so the editors back then decided to call it triple x instead of another placeholder name. at that time, triple x wasn't considered privy to adults only. :lol:
magical girl tears

current projects:
[ nothing (yet?) ]
always looking for a project to join as a writer!
please pm me if you'd like to collaborate with me!