Sunrider: First Arrival [Free][Mecha][BxG][Steam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hachiko
Regular

Re: Sunrider: First Arrival [Free][Mecha][BxG][Steam]

#46 Post by Hachiko »

You actually need Icari, considering how hard the game is as you've put it. xD She's very mobile and her stealh-mode can help avoid some attacks, plus she can take down 2 enemies per turn if you get close enough (and that's a lot!) I guess even though she did tried to ambush Shields' team 2-3 times, he needed all the help he can get (also we're talking about a person who -coughs- pulled down his undies without a second thought -facepalm-)

edit: What's the original name of the song called "Love"? (the one where it plays when Asaga was rescued, if it's on Jamendo can I have a link please? :) )

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#47 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Hachiko wrote:You actually need Icari, considering how hard the game is as you've put it. xD She's very mobile and her stealh-mode can help avoid some attacks, plus she can take down 2 enemies per turn if you get close enough (and that's a lot!) I guess even though she did tried to ambush Shields' team 2-3 times, he needed all the help he can get (also we're talking about a person who -coughs- pulled down his undies without a second thought -facepalm-)
No - you need her Ryder. Ava could pilot that thing. Shields doesn't actually need her on the bridge. (Which brings up one nit-pick I forgot Samu-kun - Ava commenting on the status of your ship after EVERY hit gets old FAST. Especially in later battles where you might get pinged by the enemy half a dozen times or more a turn. "Our hull is starting to fracture!" ad nauseum. I heard you the first time, and I have a structural readout on my screen, Ava! Maybe just have her say something ONCE at the end of the enemy turn phase?)
Heck, I bet Chigara could automate Icari's Ryder even. She certainly put it back together enough times after my attempts to kill Icari in it. Or let Asaga swap Ryders and train one of our 50 other unseen crew members to pilot her old, weaker, Ryder. Shields has multiple ways to solve the situation to his advantage. Bringing a trained assassin on board who has proven homicidal towards you on multiple occasions - including being unambiguous about her intentions to shoot you in the face - is just JUGGLING the idiot ball as a captain. She's proven she can't be held in the brig, so really his only smart option is to space her out an airlock.

Maybe Icari is more sympathetic to players that chose other options, but it my playthru she was an unapologetic thug with nothing but contempt for me. After coupling that behavior with the murder attempts, the fact Shields welcomes her onboard after she ... what? Cries over the intercom? Is face-palmingly bad judgement. Shields can't see her flashback. It could be a trick to still win after we overwhelmed her in battle. :roll: grumble, grumble, plot immunity, grumble

Hachiko
Regular

#48 Post by Hachiko »

I doubt Ava could learn how to pilot her Ryder, given that they've got a bit of a tight schedule on their mission, plus she's busy shouting reports about the ships' damages lol. I actually like the characters' commentary on the damage they've received since it'd feel empty with bombing sounds and just one-liner at the end (also I'm a bit lazy so I'd rather hear them say it instead of reading the text on the screen). And sometimes when they have a long string of attack at once, I'd like to know if my ship is suddenly in critical condition in the middle of the attack-sequence so I'll know how much I'm screwed teehee. :) Also them commenting every turn makes the game feel more 'alive' and that's good. It IS normal after all to know the status of the ship with every incoming attack you receive...and that's just the way it goes sometimes with the voice acting in battles, they're bound to get repetitive at some point. You can turn off the voice or whatever if it's starting to annoy you that much.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#49 Post by Blue Lemma »

Congrats Samu-kun! I haven't played this yet, but it looks like quite a production. I know you've been working on this for a loooong time. Great follow-through :)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Hachiko
Regular

#50 Post by Hachiko »

wow blue name :O

Karl_C
Veteran

#51 Post by Karl_C »

I'm a bit confused:

Was 'Sunrider: First Arrival' a beta release only, as I can only find 'Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius' on Steam?

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#52 Post by Samu-kun »

Mask of Arcadius includes all of the content in First Arrival, so get that instead.

ninjagrass
Regular
Projects: To Love Ru Trial Trouble, Bleach Battle Ignition, A new secret project...

#53 Post by ninjagrass »

Just played this and it is awesome!

The battle system is very good and art is great too! Great work! I can't wait to see more of this! Reminds me a lot of gundam. Maybe we can have male pilots too? Seems to have too much of a harem feel to it, not that that's a bad thing!

dmasterxd
Regular
Completed: Mage Wars
Projects: Falling Star
Organization: Star Guide

#54 Post by dmasterxd »

ninjagrass wrote:Just played this and it is awesome!

The battle system is very good and art is great too! Great work! I can't wait to see more of this! Reminds me a lot of gundam. Maybe we can have male pilots too? Seems to have too much of a harem feel to it, not that that's a bad thing!
Welcome to bishoujo/moe my friend lol

darkrchaos
Regular
Completed: A Few
Projects: Moe Wars: Crimson Samon
Deviantart: darkrchaos

#55 Post by darkrchaos »

I really like the characters designs. I will have to check this out.

jesusalva
Regular
Organization: Software in Public Interest, Inc.
IRC Nick: jesusalva
Github: pazkero
itch: tmw2
Discord: Jesusalva#4449

#56 Post by jesusalva »

There was a direct link though, wasn't there? On http://sunrider-vn.com/sunrider-mask-of ... -download/ I think.
I remember having problems verifying age (maybe due internet speed) and when I got bored of failing in replying it I just used the Web Developer mode on Firefox. Will not enter in further details about how I did it.
Also, 1.1 Gb seemed a little too much to me at first, but in afterthought it was worth it. Good job. :)
On side note, if you go to direct link download...
It already comes with decensor patch applied. ie. there is a sex scene, you'll need to see the files from the patch and delete if you don't want to see it.
Jesusaves/Jesusalva

Lekhaka
Regular

#57 Post by Lekhaka »

Eh, pleasantly surprised when this popped up on my steam page today. At first I was incredulous. "Since when did Samu-kun get so big?" (Big as in a successful dev, n-not the other big...baka)

I had to come back and search LSF to confirm that it was the same project that I had known of for years. Sorry to be late to the party, a lot sure happen during the few years one one is away from the VN community...

Congrats!

I installed and have began this epic space journey. Just thought I should leave a little post here to mark the occasion.