Seeking Sprite Artist for Knights of Elemia(Closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Seeking Sprite Artist for Knights of Elemia(Closed)

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

I'm currently looking for a sprite artist for Knights of Elemia, a GxG game that centers around a fantasy world and school life. It kind of takes place in the same world as one of my other games, but focuses on an entirely different cast. The game is set to be medium to long in length, but I'm hoping to find someone fun to work with. I can't pay the artist who helps me with this game, but can offer coding,writing, and singing :) . The prologue is almost done as well, but have to edit it and all that.

Compensation

I can't pay, but can offer a trade to anyone in coding, writing and singing. I would love to pay, but can't because I'm broke since I'm in school. Still, I hope someone doesn't mind this and would like to help make this game become reality :) .

What I need

I need someone who likes or at least doesn't mind GxG and some mature elements. I'm also looking for a partner as well and someone who loves making Visual Novels as much as I do. There are quite a few sprites, but I'm not expecting this to be done fast or anything. There will be at least three outfits for the girls: school, armor, and casual clothes. As for expressions, I'd say four to six for each of them. There will also be some sub characters to, but they will only get one outfit and three to four expressions. It really depends on how things go and what you'd like to do. I'm up for anything. Oh, also, I love hearing ideas from my partner whether it be about the art or the ideas for the story. Totally up for it and love to hear others creativity. Also, I need someone who will stay with me to and will see this through to the end.

Style

I'm up for any style really. I'm not sure what different types there are though, so if you have more then one you can show me if you want. I'm fine with things like Western art as well as it is very appealing to me :) .

Dead Lines

I'd like you to be able to work a least two hours a week on the art. However, I know things come up, so I'm not going to be a tight ass about it :) . As for deadlines, we'll come up to those together. I'm hoping if I find someone they don't mind having some small deadlines. They do help things progress when you're creating something.

Writing

I'm trying to reach a goal and write at least an hour a day, excluding Mondays and Tuesdays because I have a tight school schedule on those days. However, sometimes I might not be able to do that due to some personal reasons. Luckily, I am having some help from a friend, so it I'm not too worried about the writing.

Contact

I'm fine with Skye or email. I do require that you contact me at least once a week at the least, so I know what's going on.

Game Info

Premise- The story focuses around Naomi, a high schooler who is always in her own little world. Her home is Elemia, a great city that expands across the world in different sectors with a vast variety of people. In her part of the city, people live peacefully and worry little about anything except for the common problems of life. However, few know of creatures called Viruses, monstrous beings who hide in the shadows,waiting to devour anyone who crosses them.

One day when taking a short cut home, Naomi accidentally witnesses the gruesome death of one of her classmates at the hands of the Viruses. Scared by what she sees, she quickly runs away only to have the beast follow her. With little hope of escape, the Virus nearly kills her, but she is saved by a Knight, who she quickly realizes is her school enemy Rei. From then on, Naomi is forced to be watched and protect by a secret group who call themselves the Knights of Elemia, watchers of the town who protect it's people from Viruses. With now having worry about her life, staying focused in school, and dealing with her protectors, Naomi will slowly begin to realize that meeting them might not have been by chance and that she may be the cause of the Viruses outbreak

Name-Naomi
Birthday-September 14
Sign-Virgo
Age-16
Power-None
Likes-Writing,Reading,Anime
Dislikes-Math,Thunder,Horrorr
Personality-Naomi is a person, for the most part, of common sense. She's quite mature for her age and enjoys the more adult things like going to museums and attending plays. Because of her maturity, she doesn't have many friends due to her piers thinking she is stuck up, but fills her loneliness with books about the fantasy world. Despite seemingly at times distant, Naomi is actually friendly and has a bit of a sense of humor. She is also one to hold on to family dearly. She does have quite a temper though, and at times acts before thinking.

Name-Amaria
Birthday-March 10
Sign-Pisces
Age-16
Power-Manipulation
Likes-Acting,Plays,Archery
Dislikes-Cold,Soap Operas,Vampires
Personality-Leader of the black knights, and rival of Rei. At first glance she can be considered to be kind and calm, but in reality she is very ruthless, at least to those she dislikes. She has trained as a knight since she was little and doesn't believe in sparing her enemies. Still, when not fighting, she can be very kind and is always willing to give a helping hand. Still, even with such a smile, it's best to be careful of her.

Name-Rei
Birthday-April 3
Sign-Aries
Age-17
Power-Super Speed
Likes-Video Games,Sports,Being Right
Dislikes-Losing,Cats,Rain
Personality-Rei is always moving, rarely taking a moments rest. If she's not fighting Viruses, she's playing violent video games, She is a very eager person though, at least in the things she likes, and refuses to take no for an answer. Due to her high energy some wonder if she's human or actually a robot. She doesn't care too much about school though, and barely can keep her grades above a C. Rei can come off as being somewhat overbearing or nasty at times, even going against her elders Still, her passion for what she loves and her longing to protect the weak makes her a good friend. However, he family line is something she fears of the most, and she has a strange ability with being able to understand the Viruses.

Name-Sabrina
Birthday-October 5
Sign-Libra
Age-16
Power-Super Human Strength
Likes-Studying,Books,Kendo
Dislikes-Thunder,Annoying People,Bugs
Personality-Sabrina is known in school for her smarts. She is highly diverse in her studies, capable of getting almost anything that comes at her. However, she has few friends in school due to her always studying. Funny thing is though, she doesn't care much about that and even has made it her plan to never get close to anyone. This however is hard for her when being a Knight since she must work with people. Sabrina can be a very honest but rude person who at times cares little for the people she hurts. Rei often calls her a spoiled brat because of this. Still, if one ever needs a tutor, it's best to go to her.

Name-Aurica
Birthday-July 15
Sign-Cancer
Power-Elemental
Age-16
Likes-Magic,Art,Painting,Kids
Dislikes-Sorrow,Snakes,Fire
Personality- Aurica has always tried to live her life by helping and protecting others. Out of everyone in her ground, she is the most sensible and willing. However, she is fairly clumsy and at times forgetful, which is bad since she is the magic caster of the group. Due to her portioned body, Aurica has had many love letters to her as well, but tries to stay away from love in order to be a knight. Unlike Sabrina and Rei, she has a deep hate of hurting any living thing and that includes the monster they fight, which just makes her job harder. Still, she proves to be a highly skilled fighter. Also can be quite motherly as well and is often the one to give comforting advice when things go wrong.

Name-Reah
Birthday-November 15
Sign-Scorpio
Age-17
Power-Shadow Summon
Likes-Music
Dislikes-Fighting
Personality-Reah is a stoned face girl with little expressions. Some believe she is devoid of emotion and knows little of how people act. Reah though is an observer and is always watching her surroundings. Still, she has few words to say and when she does it's only to those she believes it's worth talking to. Due to her power being shadow summon, Reah has stayed away from people in fear that she will hurt them. Still, she has a firm believe in protecting the monsters from the Elemia knights and doesn't take kindly to needless death. Is very close to Amaria and is 'rivals' with Aurica, kind of.
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fawningoverfauns
Tumblr: Moondeertribe

Re: Seeking Sprite Artist for Knights of Elemia(GxG,Fantasy)

#2 Post by Fawningoverfauns »

Hi!! Not gonna lie the fact GxG was in the title of this thread is what immediately drew me in to check it out qvq I'd love to get in on the action as an artist!!! Im reachable by skype most of the time and i check my email constantly so thats also an option, i can send example of my art over both preferably. A quick example of my art
I dont mind at all drawing any steamy scenes if they are to occur and im not bad at drawing naked ladies u//v//u <3 If you're interested then contact me!

yuuyacchi

Re: Seeking Sprite Artist for Knights of Elemia(GxG,Fantasy)

#3 Post by yuuyacchi »

Oooh, the fantasy and school setting caught me immediately! It's pretty much like my own project which is going nowhere hahahaaah so I would love to work with you to gain the experience! I don't have much material in VN work to show, but it would be great if this were my first completed project. Here's my deviantArt.

I'd say I'm pretty experienced in drawing girls (especially compared to guys, lol, how do you even male) and I don't mind drawing mature content at all. d*u*b I actually mainly come from a writing background, so even if you decide on someone else for the sprites, if you need help with idea bouncing and proofreading, I am totally your girl. I don't really Skype, but I'm more or less available on email everyday. If you're interested, it's better to email me at yuuyas.yashiki@gmail.com than reply here since I don't check back too often. ^n^"

I can also throw in an offer to make an artbook/let/companion guide since I do book-layouting, just saying.