[VN][BxG] A+ Switch! [School Life][Romance][Drama] 5/20

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Khalliope
Tumblr: jasmine-amyy
Deviantart: khalliope

Re: [VN][BxG] A+ Switch! [School Life][Romance][Drama]

#46 Post by Khalliope »

Wow, the art for this visual novel looks so cute and professional! And the GUI is pretty clever~

I'm not really a fan of BxG games, so I don't think I'll be playing this one especially if it's R18 ;; but this does look very very promising. To be honest, though I think it's good to have, originality is slightly overrated these days. I don't mind cliched premises (as long as it is not unrealistic) as long as the story is executed in an original way. As long as there is no blatant copying of other people's work, I'm all for it.

Anyways, all the best for A+ Switch! I'll be rooting for you!

piichimi
Regular
Projects: A+ Switch! (Visual Novel)

#47 Post by piichimi »

Khalliope wrote:Wow, the art for this visual novel looks so cute and professional! And the GUI is pretty clever~

I'm not really a fan of BxG games, so I don't think I'll be playing this one especially if it's R18 ;; but this does look very very promising. To be honest, though I think it's good to have, originality is slightly overrated these days. I don't mind cliched premises (as long as it is not unrealistic) as long as the story is executed in an original way. As long as there is no blatant copying of other people's work, I'm all for it.

Anyways, all the best for A+ Switch! I'll be rooting for you!
Thank you very much ^-^

Oh, the scenes can be turned off in the options menu, because I know that a lot of people don't want to see that kind of stuff. ^-^

Yeah, I agree. Plus it's kinda hard to be original these days anyway xDDD

Thank you again!!! ; u ;

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#48 Post by Rinima »

piichimi wrote:
Rinima wrote:Just had a read though and wow! This actually looks darker than I though it would be. Which is a good thing for me (I often find myself annoyed at the lack of back story and character depth in dating vn's).

Also cause I'm nosey and can't help myself as a former Oncology student, but what sort of eye cancer did the little sister have? Also it's probably better to call it ocular cancer. Please don't call me out for being picky ;~;
Yes, it's going to have some really dark parts in it depending on the player's in game choices. ^-^ I was actually debating on whether or not to make it dark or not, but I tend to write dark things better than I do happy things.

& She has retinoblastoma, which is really rare for a child over the age of 5 to have. Her cancer had spread to the outer part of her eye, and she had not responded well from treatment. It's definitely a rare case.
Idk if it sounds too unrealistic or not, but it is fiction, so why not. lol.

& alright. xD I shall.
It having dark parts actually makes me really happy XD I know it shouldn't but you know~~

And don't worry, at least it's the most common childhood ocular cancer so it's not that unrealistic :) It happens.

I'm also really happy that this will have, ahem, stuff in it (at least I presume it will?).

And I now see why your kinda rejected my logo XD It really wouldn't have fitted a dark themed story XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

PaupauSenpai
Regular
Projects: The Color of Life

Re: [VN][BxG] A+ Switch! [School Life][Romance][Comedy]

#49 Post by PaupauSenpai »

piichimi wrote:Awhhhh thank you so much!!! ^-^ <3
I'm really glad you like the characters. It makes me really happy to see that people are taking interest in this ^-^

xDDDDDD
Yeah, Iori might definitely give a depressing atmosphere throughout some parts of the story, but in all honesty, the reason the protagonist is getting bad grades in school is because of her, she's always on his mind because he's worried about her, and it prevents him from paying attention in his classes. but everyone at school, including his teachers just think he's really stupid. Though they don't know about his sister.

AHHHH, thank you so much!!!! it really means a lot to me!!! ^-^
Yush! Ahhh that's really a lovely plot ;w; I feel like it is really relatable in the emotion aspect, at least I can relate to the protagonist. *gets the tissue boxes ready* ywy/
Also yaaay more characters >u< Can't wait to see more progress >w<!!
Current Project:
The Color of Life, a slice-of-life otome game with a hint of fantasy, dreamworlds...and bunny and kitty boys.
Link to the WIP thread here

piichimi
Regular

#50 Post by piichimi »

Rinima wrote:
piichimi wrote:
Rinima wrote:Just had a read though and wow! This actually looks darker than I though it would be. Which is a good thing for me (I often find myself annoyed at the lack of back story and character depth in dating vn's).

Also cause I'm nosey and can't help myself as a former Oncology student, but what sort of eye cancer did the little sister have? Also it's probably better to call it ocular cancer. Please don't call me out for being picky ;~;
Yes, it's going to have some really dark parts in it depending on the player's in game choices. ^-^ I was actually debating on whether or not to make it dark or not, but I tend to write dark things better than I do happy things.

& She has retinoblastoma, which is really rare for a child over the age of 5 to have. Her cancer had spread to the outer part of her eye, and she had not responded well from treatment. It's definitely a rare case.

& alright. xD I shall.
It having dark parts actually makes me really happy XD I know it shouldn't but you know~~

And don't worry, at least it's the most common childhood ocular cancer so it's not that unrealistic :) It happens.

I'm also really happy that this will have, ahem, stuff in it (at least I presume it will?).

And I now see why your kinda rejected my logo XD It really wouldn't have fitted a dark themed story XD
Dark Parts in stories actually make me kinda happy too, I'm not quite sure why xDDD

True, very true. I tried to make it as realistic as possible but at the same time explaining why she couldn't get treated xD

Stuff? o: You mean like r18? Yep, definitely. I'm an ecchi artist, so it's kinda hard for me to write a clean story at times xD Just can't help it. Though, like I said, the scenes will be removable, so people who aren't fond of sexual scenes can turn them off. ^-^

Ohhh!!! Logo, I honestly haven't checked my inbox in a while, I have a whole bunch of messages to still read xD But I just looked at it, and it's really cute!!! But you're right, it doesn't really fit all that well, but I still love it! ^-^

piichimi
Regular

#51 Post by piichimi »

Added a sketch of Kouhei's other younger sister, Lily.

piichimi
Regular

#52 Post by piichimi »

Also added a male character!

piichimi
Regular

Re: [VN][BxG] A+ Switch! [School Life][Romance][Comedy]

#53 Post by piichimi »

PaupauSenpai wrote:
piichimi wrote:Awhhhh thank you so much!!! ^-^ <3
I'm really glad you like the characters. It makes me really happy to see that people are taking interest in this ^-^

xDDDDDD
Yeah, Iori might definitely give a depressing atmosphere throughout some parts of the story, but in all honesty, the reason the protagonist is getting bad grades in school is because of her, she's always on his mind because he's worried about her, and it prevents him from paying attention in his classes. but everyone at school, including his teachers just think he's really stupid. Though they don't know about his sister.

AHHHH, thank you so much!!!! it really means a lot to me!!! ^-^
Yush! Ahhh that's really a lovely plot ;w; I feel like it is really relatable in the emotion aspect, at least I can relate to the protagonist. *gets the tissue boxes ready* ywy/
Also yaaay more characters >u< Can't wait to see more progress >w<!!
Awhhhh!!! thank you so much!!! ^-^

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#54 Post by thebackup »

(reads first post again)
Wow, I never thought it would have R-18 content. I'd still play it, though. Now I'm really curious about the event CGs in the game :D

Keep up the good work, looking promising!

piichimi
Regular

#55 Post by piichimi »

thebackup wrote:(reads first post again)
Wow, I never thought it would have R-18 content. I'd still play it, though. Now I'm really curious about the event CGs in the game :D

Keep up the good work, looking promising!
I don't think a lot of people expected it too. xD but that's just how I roll. //puts on shades.
Just kidding, but if you feel uncomfortable with r-18 content, there will be an option to remove it in the game ^-^

Thank you so much!!! ^-^/

juggalojohn
Completed: Escape from the Ronin
Projects: Photo Circle,Game of Life
Organization: Box Studios
Github: juggalojohn

#56 Post by juggalojohn »

I like the concept and the art style. I wouldn't mind playtesting this for you when you're done. PM me if your intrested

piichimi
Regular

#57 Post by piichimi »

juggalojohn wrote:I like the concept and the art style. I wouldn't mind playtesting this for you when you're done. PM me if your intrested
Ahhh! thank you very much! ^-^
Alright!!! ^-^

thanks again!

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#58 Post by Rinima »

piichimi wrote:
Rinima wrote:
piichimi wrote:Yes, it's going to have some really dark parts in it depending on the player's in game choices. ^-^ I was actually debating on whether or not to make it dark or not, but I tend to write dark things better than I do happy things.

& alright. xD I shall.

Dark Parts in stories actually make me kinda happy too, I'm not quite sure why xDDD

True, very true. I tried to make it as realistic as possible but at the same time explaining why she couldn't get treated xD

Stuff? o: You mean like r18? Yep, definitely. I'm an ecchi artist, so it's kinda hard for me to write a clean story at times xD Just can't help it. Though, like I said, the scenes will be removable, so people who aren't fond of sexual scenes can turn them off. ^-^

Ohhh!!! Logo, I honestly haven't checked my inbox in a while, I have a whole bunch of messages to still read xD But I just looked at it, and it's really cute!!! But you're right, it doesn't really fit all that well, but I still love it! ^-^
If you want, I could help you with the details of why she couldn't be treated to help you make it realistic ect :) (what would you know, my year at uni wasn't a total waste lol) I'd also be open to playtesting for you if you'll have me :P

I'm really looking forward to this, random question, but will this be a commercial vn?

piichimi
Regular

#59 Post by piichimi »

Rinima wrote:
If you want, I could help you with the details of why she couldn't be treated to help you make it realistic ect :) (what would you know, my year at uni wasn't a total waste lol) I'd also be open to playtesting for you if you'll have me :P

I'm really looking forward to this, random question, but will this be a commercial vn?

That would be wonderful!!! ^-^

& nope, since it's my first, I have decided to make it non-commercial. However future A+ Switch! games will be commercial. ^-^
& I'm glad you're excited about it!!! ^-^

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran

#60 Post by Rinima »

piichimi wrote:
Rinima wrote:

That would be wonderful!!! ^-^

& nope, since it's my first, I have decided to make it non-commercial. However future A+ Switch! games will be commercial. ^-^
& I'm glad you're excited about it!!! ^-^

Sweet, PM me any time :)
And awesome! I shall certainly be playing then (though I get the feeling I would play even if it was commercial lol)