Coder for hire

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Coder for hire

#1 Post by Aleema »

I am very experienced in coding with Ren'Py. If you need help with your project, you will find me valuable. I am reasonably priced, too. I specialize in user interfaces.

SERVICES | Status: Closed

> Screen Design
- If you need an interface for a game feature (char info, love progress bars, inventory, etc) but have no idea where to start, I can figure it out for you. What you are paying for here is layout design and functionality. I will either program all your content for you or teach you how to do it yourself.

> Shop, Inventory Systems
- Want to introduce item management to your game? From clothes to potions, I can create a shop for your needs. Most shop systems require an inventory system in place as well, and I can take care of that, too. Discuss me with me the goals and uses of the system so I can properly quote you.

> Map System
- If you need a way for the player to travel around the world - or just around the house - I can code it for you.

> Battle Systems
- I can craft very simple or complex RPG systems based on your needs. I am limited, however, by the capability of the engine, so battle systems must be turn-based. When asking for a quote, please discuss with me the minimum requirements you seek in your system.

> Narrative Scripting - Minimum $50+ per 10k words of your story
- Wrote your entire story, but dread placing all the facial expressions and music? I'll take on the task for you.

> Main Menu Design
- The main menu is one of the first impressions you have to make on your player. I will arrange an appealing and professional design for you. I include animations and other graphic effects with my work.

> Misc - ???
- I do all kinds of odd jobs.

Notes about my services:
  • This post is offering my coding service for Ren'Py only.
  • Costs will be cheaper if you can provide all images that I need to use.
  • If your budget requires it, I can take split payments over time rather than the full sum at once. You must discuss this with me, of course.
  • Costs are higher for commercial games. "Commercial" means that you will be selling the game.
  • I accept PayPal payments to my email address: maselphie@gmail.com
  • I accept art as a form of payment. :3
You can contact me through private message here, or through email. I respond best to emails.
Last edited by Aleema on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

Re: Coder for hire

#2 Post by MoonStar »

this does sound nice and i learned a lot from your tutorials here so thanks for that :)

regarding the prices i seen there different for commercial and non-commercial

could you pls define in more details what you mean by commercial? since my project is going to be commercial (around 10$ i think) but its still being made by only me and a friend with only the little money we have to invest which is under 500$ :( :cry:

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#3 Post by netravelr »

MoonStar wrote:this does sound nice and i learned a lot from your tutorials here so thanks for that :)

regarding the prices i seen there different for commercial and non-commercial

could you pls define in more details what you mean by commercial? since my project is going to be commercial (around 10$ i think) but its still being made by only me and a friend with only the little money we have to invest which is under 500$ :( :cry:
I'm pretty sure by commercial she means you're charging money for it, which it seems like that you're planning to do. :wink:

That being said, she's been doing some narrative scripting for Culina the past few days and I have to say she's been doing an amazing job. It's worth it, definitely.
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#4 Post by CrimsonMoon »

Is there a bundle price for everything? Say, something like GUI, menu and narration costs cheaper than paying for just coding one? I mean, like offer price for coding 3 or more?
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Aleema »

CrimsonMoon wrote:Is there a bundle price for everything? Say, something like GUI, menu and narration costs cheaper than paying for just coding one? I mean, like offer price for coding 3 or more?
Hello! Sorry for the late reply, I wasn't getting emails letting me know that there were replies to this thread. :oops:

I do bundle deals. The price is on a project-to-project basis, though. I would need to know more about what you need from me and your project's budget before I can quote you.

writinggg
Regular

Re: Coder for hire [OPEN]

#6 Post by writinggg »

What if your game is free but after paying for stuff out of your own pocket for awhile, you have a kickstarter to fund the rest of it?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Aleema »

writinggg wrote:What if your game is free but after paying for stuff out of your own pocket for awhile, you have a kickstarter to fund the rest of it?
If you're not selling your game, then it is not commercial. If everyone who does and doesn't back you on Kickstarter (no matter what tier) will have full access to your completed game, then I will treat it as a non-commercial game.

CrimsonMoon
Regular
Completed: Unplanned AMOUR
Projects: Scented Dream

#8 Post by CrimsonMoon »

That's good to know. I know nothing about coding so I might need help in the future. Thanks for the reply. :D
Updated: 06/05/2015
I make logo, request here (STATUS: CLOSE)
Newbie to making VN.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#9 Post by MoonStar »

Very good and very fast. Totally worth every cent

CrimsonMoon believe me you wont regret it when you ask her.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#10 Post by Kato »

Ohhh, definitely bookmarking this thread! I will be needing coding assistance before too long the way things are going :)
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

RavenBelmont
Regular

#11 Post by RavenBelmont »

Hello guys and girls. I'm writing this down because I wanted to share my experience with Aleema with all of you, since I hired her recently for a programming job and I feel like the least that she deserves is to be acknowledged.

Since day one she was a very professional person with me and towards my project. When you hire someone, like a programmer, you expect them to just stick to their part of the job and that's pretty much it. Aleema not only did an amazing job coding the GUI for my project (and also improving what I already had) but she also was kind enough as to give me advices that helped me a lot in general.

I just wanted to let you all know that we're talking about a person that commits to the job, that does more than one asks to her, and that is very kind and friendly. I recommend her, nowadays is hard to find a professional of her type, it has been a pleasure for me to hire her and I know it will be the same to anyone else that decides to hire her in the future.

Have a nice day.

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Re: Coder for hire [Open]

#12 Post by Snowflower »

if i send you an image of the cg gallery, it'd be a gui code, not screen design... right?
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Aleema »

Snowflower wrote:if i send you an image of the cg gallery, it'd be a gui code, not screen design... right?
"Design" is if I have to come up with how it looks. If you have everything for me and I just have to program it, it's coding. :)

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#14 Post by Tracy Bullet »

My goodness. I'm not sure if I've said this already or not, but your work looks fantastic and professional. If I ever do a high-key game, you will definitely be the first person I look up.

Solry
Projects: CHANGE!
Organization: Meowl team
IRC Nick: Anh

#15 Post by Solry »

Have just used Aleema's designing service and wow >w< I'm super happy with the result!
Very reasonable price and high quality works. She's also really friendly and helpful! I will surely hire her again for my future projects!
Recommened!