You, Me, 48 Hours This Weekend [Skill Trade]

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

You, Me, 48 Hours This Weekend [Skill Trade]

#1 Post by kaleidofish »

Hey, kaleidofish here.

I'm looking for an all star team of artists, coders, cheerleaders, and whatever-you-call-those-people-that-feed-you-grapes (servants?) to join me and my good friend r-bit's team for this weekend's Asylum Jam. We'll have 48 hours to do this thing. The working title of our game is Save Zoey. It's about a girl who has to find her sister in a haunted house after hours with the help of a boy who works there. Navigate the creepy hallways and uncover the mystery of the cult who once called the haunted house home. Will you be able to save Zoey before the end of the night?

The Team So Far:

I'm no stranger to writing stories or developing games while under a deadline. I've participated in Nanoreno twice (the most recent release being The Mishka Effect), won #3 overall in a narrative game jam for my Twine story Draw Everything You See That's Mine and Yours, created this Twine for a game jam last year, and my spooky story Fine, Fine, Fine was featured on the DeviantArt front page. For more about me and to see some other projects that I'm working on, you can visit my website here.

r-bit, our trusty editor, is new to the scene, but is already hitting the ground running. This will be an excellent debut of r-bit's skills.

Together, she and I will be doing the writing, editing, and some basic coding as necessary. We plan on finishing our story outline by Thursday, but we are open to our teammates' input.

Please note that while this project is unpaid, we are offering ourselves up for skill trading. You scratch our backs and we'll scratch yours. In other words, you draw for us, and we'll write for you. This could be the start of an ongoing partnership. :D

We are Looking For...

Sprite Artist - we're allowing a lot of room for creative freedom with this position. What we're generally looking for is something grungey. One shoulders up side-sprite image of a teenage girl with 3-5 expressions, one waist-up sprite of a 10-12 year old girl (Zoey) with 3-5 expressions, one waist-up sprite of a hooded figure, and one waist-up sprite of a teenage boy with 3-5 expressions.

Background (BG) Artist - we plan on there being 3-4 haunted house BGs. We need a hallway, an altar room for a sacrifice, and a general room that we can reuse for different scenes.

GUI Artist - Textbox, main menu, save/load screens, etc. It's a plus if you can code it all but if you can't, that is okay!

Programmer - Someone that can code in the GUI and do any last minute coding that we need to do. The game is going to be choice-based and rather basic, though.

Musician/SFX Wizard - Very important.

CG Artist - Someone that can illustrate key events.

How Will We Work?

The team will meet over Skype and share files through Dropbox & Google Drive.

---

If interested, please post here, PM me, or send me an email to kaleidofish[at]gmail[dot]com
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: You, Me, 48 Hours This Weekend [Skill Trade]

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Oh gods I'm going to hate myself for this, but you have my, ah, drawing hand :)

My only catch is a) I literally can't function without sleep so you'll have me for around 25 hours out of the 48 and b) I'm in Australia so I'm in a different time zone.

Let me know if you want me to help out!

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#3 Post by netravelr »

If you're still looking for it, I can probably step in as programmer! (I'm on a similar timeline as Auro in Singapore though and need sleep :wink: )
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#4 Post by Geckos »

I have interest in doing the sprites if possible! I adore little stories along this vein and I'd love to do animated coding for them such as blinking, expression tweaks, and slight pose shifts to help add some motion to the story.

An example of some of my work for a horror-esque story can be found here: The Phantom Icecream Truck
Image ImageImage

Railgun
Regular
Completed: Within, Saving Zoey
Projects: Frontiers of Barassy (Unity3D), DR001 (Ren'Py)
Tumblr: railgun-gameblog

#5 Post by Railgun »

I've always wanted to participate in a game jam, so I'll go for the backgrounds! I can also help with other art stuff or making collabs and I'm used to tight deadlines.
However, I won't be available on Friday and I'll need a few hours of sleep each night :)

Geckos
Veteran
Completed: Brilliant Shadows, Perceptions of the Dead, The Phantom Icecream Truck
Projects: Embers of Magic, Pale Spectrum, Perceptions of the Dead
Organization: Ithaqua Labs
Tumblr: geckosart
Deviantart: sitaart

#6 Post by Geckos »

Railgun wrote:I've always wanted to participate in a game jam, so I'll go for the backgrounds! I can also help with other art stuff or making collabs and I'm used to tight deadlines.
However, I won't be available on Friday and I'll need a few hours of sleep each night :)
Collabs are always fun!
I'll be sleeping as well but I can work quite quickly so it shouldn't be an issue.
My skype is sita372@hotmail.com
Image ImageImage

Dino

#7 Post by Dino »

That title sounded strangely sexual. :lol:

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#8 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Geckos wrote:
Railgun wrote:I've always wanted to participate in a game jam, so I'll go for the backgrounds! I can also help with other art stuff or making collabs and I'm used to tight deadlines.
Collabs are always fun!
I'll be sleeping as well but I can work quite quickly so it shouldn't be an issue.
My skype is sita372@hotmail.com
I would be super interested in working on collab artwork with you guys (it's something I've always wanted to try!) Otherwise I am happy to fill in where I'm needed ^_^

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#9 Post by kaleidofish »

Wow, lots of replies and PMs! I'm going to close this thread now. No more replies or private messages, please. :D I will be contacting everyone personally after having a discussion with my partner in crime.

I encourage anyone interested in doing background art to check out this thread, as well. I'm one of the writers for that project and I am willing to do a skill trade for that too.
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.