That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CuddleTea
Projects: Melody of Ruin

Re: That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

#316 Post by CuddleTea »

This game was sweet and yet sad. I loved the story, though, but it made me cry - especially the one scene with Jude after the baseball bat was found.

enkasai

#317 Post by enkasai »

Definitely an insta-fave. I've always liked the topic of robots/androids, and I quite think you gave it justice here. I love how you handled the little issues, like about humans hurting robots to see how much they love them, and Autumn trying to see if she could get Jude to admit that he was a robot. But really though, I was basically crying into my pillow at the end, and my mom's giving "what-the-eff-are-you-doing-with-your-life" glances from the other end of the room, but I'm still sniffling and just. ・゜゜・(/。\)・゜゜・.

But, yes. Wonderful story. I hope to see more from you. °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

space7case

#318 Post by space7case »

Just wanted to let you know hun, that sneeze you randomly had yesterday that was completely explainable; yeah that was because I was so incredibly impressed by the story and art work of your game that I could stop talking about it. I told my significant other (who reluctantly listened to my rambles) for at least an hour or more about how much I loved your game. So yeah I caused that sneeze, because I complimented your talents. ^_^ I have actually been writing novels and drawing for years, and I have always wanted to create a VN but I'm not sure how to go about it. What program did you use to create your VN? If you don't mind me asking.

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#319 Post by Morhighan »

space7case wrote:Just wanted to let you know hun, that sneeze you randomly had yesterday that was completely explainable; yeah that was because I was so incredibly impressed by the story and art work of your game that I could stop talking about it. I told my significant other (who reluctantly listened to my rambles) for at least an hour or more about how much I loved your game. So yeah I caused that sneeze, because I complimented your talents. ^_^ I have actually been writing novels and drawing for years, and I have always wanted to create a VN but I'm not sure how to go about it. What program did you use to create your VN? If you don't mind me asking.
carosene used Ren'Py. ^_^

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#320 Post by Ferdokki »

Just wanted to make a comment that the guy with the red hair (I haven't gotten very far in the game yet) looks JUST like my neighbor!!! >___________<
You've even got the smile and the pose right! =D

hananoyounikirei
Projects: The Virgin

#321 Post by hananoyounikirei »

This is what got me into this wonderful genre!~

I'm going to download and play it again because I'm feeling nostalgic! This story is absolutely beautiful and I hope this thread will be kept alive for a long time so everyone can experience its beauty. While at times, I really wished I could make choices, the feeling of helplessness and knowing that you can't just change things, makes this story all the more better. I don't think I have ever been as moved as I was playing this. I know you have seemingly abandoned this whole world/genre, but I hope someday you return so you can see all the love and joy you have brought to these people.
(Just wondering, if carosene mentioned why they were leaving? Does anyone know?)

Morhighan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: AIdol, When Our Journey Ends, Forgotten Not Lost
Organization: MysteryCorgi
Tumblr: MysteryCorgi
Deviantart: MysteryCorgi
Soundcloud: MysteryCorgi
itch: MysteryCorgi

#322 Post by Morhighan »

hananoyounikirei wrote:This is what got me into this wonderful genre!~

I'm going to download and play it again because I'm feeling nostalgic! This story is absolutely beautiful and I hope this thread will be kept alive for a long time so everyone can experience its beauty. While at times, I really wished I could make choices, the feeling of helplessness and knowing that you can't just change things, makes this story all the more better. I don't think I have ever been as moved as I was playing this. I know you have seemingly abandoned this whole world/genre, but I hope someday you return so you can see all the love and joy you have brought to these people.
(Just wondering, if carosene mentioned why they were leaving? Does anyone know?)
From what I know, carosene is busy with the horror that is known as ADULT LIFE, which is infamous for killing the drive to write. Who knows, maybe carosene will come back, when they have time.

((I say this as carosene's friend IRL.))

hananoyounikirei
Projects: The Virgin

#323 Post by hananoyounikirei »

Morhighan wrote:
From what I know, carosene is busy with the horror that is known as ADULT LIFE, which is infamous for killing the drive to write. Who knows, maybe carosene will come back, when they have time.

((I say this as carosene's friend IRL.))
Ah, okay! Thanks for the answer!

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#324 Post by carosene »

HELLO. Hi guys! Thanks Morgana for letting the people know I'm not dead!

That is sort of true--I've always struggled with finishing projects, so it's really amazing that TCAST is here at all.
There are no sequel plans. I always have ideas flitting around, and maybe I'll try a visual novel again someday. ^_^

I didn't like, officially leave, I just sort of stopped coming by I guess? I'm sorry. D: I have no excuses.

I'm always really happy and honored to see that people still continue to play TCAST and leave positive comments about it. ^_^

I'm a man, by the way, so you can use male pronouns. ^_^
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#325 Post by qirien »

So glad I came across this title - I loved the themes of the story. At first I thought:
that Jude wasn't really an android - her friends played a trick on her, or a real person traded places with an android, or something like that
, but I like how you thought a lot about how they would program androids of all different types. I liked how the protagonist had her own personality and problems, and was not just a stand-in for the player. Even if I didn't agree with all her choices, I could sort of understand them. The foreshadowing for the ending that you included at the very beginning was perfect, too.

I also loved the art - the artist did a great job with all the expressions, especially the ones where:
Elly was in Jude's body. Great expressions!
. And the CGs were beautiful, too. Thanks for making this great KN. :-)
Finished games:

xxstrangesoulxx

#326 Post by xxstrangesoulxx »

Wow, this is a really nice KN. It might even be my favorite KN.

I ended up loving it more than I thought I would. Nice plot, good art. It's quite enjoyable to play. I love well done robots stories.

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

#327 Post by qirien »

Just thought I'd let you know I gave your VN a recommendation on a gaming blog I write for:
http://thepretentiousgamer.blogspot.com ... ovels.html
Finished games:

celebhwesta

#328 Post by celebhwesta »

I registered here just so that I could say that this is one of the most poignant stories I've ever read. Like Isaac Asimov, you manage to reveal the essential and inescapable vulnerability that must accompany an AI that is completely safe for humans. It's strange, because we aren't safe with each other, but we would never be willing to accept an artificial construct--no matter how independently intelligent--being as likely to harm us as we are to harm each other.

Otomegirlxx
Completed: Rose Petals
Tumblr: kashleekisses
Soundcloud: Arcencielx

#329 Post by Otomegirlxx »

Wow I love the story! It is just amazing, have you ever thought of writing a sequel?

SweetChiel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Nusantara: Legend of the Winged Ones
Deviantart: SweetChiel

#330 Post by SweetChiel »

I played TCAST and GOD I fell in love with how you write the story!!

I have to be honest that the first sentence that caught my attention is : "Only one person has ever told Autumn Godfrey "I love you." And that person wasn't even human" and then " -with the help of Jude- an android prostitute with attitude"
I was like ' WUT? O_O' and you wrote them so well!
I almost cried at the end of the game. So bittersweet, no mainstream, and the feels- GOD- THE FEELS IS EVERYWHERE.
I want to hug Jude and Elly, the epilogue about how Autumn want to buy a couple of EternaLovers really made me happy but I know Autumn's life wont be so easy again when she did.

I really wished you make a sequel. But I heard that you're busy with RL now D:
What I can say now is : "Good luck with your real life and I hope you can continue making VNs 'cause so many people loves your work!"