Artbook Layout Artist Looking for Project

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
yuuyacchi

Artbook Layout Artist Looking for Project

#1 Post by yuuyacchi »

Hey. 'Sup.

So, I've been a long-time lurker, but I've only recently joined the forums. What I've noticed nowadays is that a lot of people are releasing artbooks to go along with their VNs, and I think artbooks are great ways to promote and expand the VN community in general. As far as I know, nobody else is really offering something like this, so I figured since I actually do freelance as a book layout artist, I might as well. :D (This is totally not because I'm in a stump with my own VN project, lol, nope, OTL...)

I've only done heavy and report-based stuff, like a manual and a research paper, so I want to do something a bit more fun. Maybe something coffee table book-ish or magazine-ish, haha. Just to expand my work a bit. :3

Sample of Recent Work: (Yeah, just ignore the text content, m'kay?)

For now, I'll only be taking one short project since this is still a lot of work and I'm not exactly super free in terms of time. NOT FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. I'll look over whatever offers have been made after a while and pick a project that interests me, otherwise I might not get it done in time. (If the first one finishes early, I might pick up another one.)

Requirements:
- Your VN must be FREE.
- Your VN must be either a project completed this year (2014), or will be completed on or before March 1, 2015.
- You must release this artbook for FREE.
- You must be willing to provide me with the best-quality graphics for inclusion into the artbook. Rest assured that I won't release them/claim them as my own/edit and claim as I own/etc.
- You must have some sort of new content not in the VN (i.e., concept sketches, creators' comments, extra CGs, extra scenes, prologue/epilogue, fanart, processes, inspirations, etc.) for inclusion into the artbook. I'm willing to help with coming up with ideas.
- You must be willing to let me use the final product as a sample of my design work. You will be credited as the original author and owner.
- The projected page count of the artbook must be no more than 15 spreads (a spread is in landscape orientation; that's 30 pages if you want a portrait orientation; page size is negotiable depending on content). Cover and backcover, foreword/introduction, table of contents, and credits page excluded in count.

Final Product:
- PDF for web; may include interactive elements if you wish
- Done within the year/two weeks after the VN's release.
- Text content proofread/edited.

Quick Notes:
- KN is fine, in case you're gonna be picky with terminology.
- I'm open to pretty much any genre of any rating, but I tend to be biased for fantasy, supernatural, romance, psychological, and mystery (in that order).
- I will NOT be drawing any art for you. (Okay, maybe some simple icons and little design stuff, but nothing too major. (And if by chance, someone whose game I've played makes an offer and I get a SENPAI NOTICED ME moment, I might draw some fanart too, lolol.))

For questions, inquiries, clarifications, just comment on this thread.
For offers, comment here or PM me with the following details:
Title:
Genre:
Summary in your own words: (Sell it to me, lol.)
Completed? If not, what's the projected release date?
Your Favorite Fruit and Why: (Required; I won't consider you if you don't answer this.)
Link to game release thread/post (for completed works):
Link to development thread/blog (for works in progress):
If your project doesn't meet the above requirements and you're interested in collaborating with/commissioning me, PM me.

Advice is also free, if you're interested in having something layouted for publishing (like a novel or something). :D Feel free to ask questions; I swear I won't bite (hard ;)).
Last edited by yuuyacchi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lacelazier
Tumblr: laceart
Deviantart: lacelazier

Re: Artbook Layout Artist Looking for Project

#2 Post by lacelazier »

Hey there c: Just felt like checking this thread out. Nice to meet a fellow Filipino in the site ;') Anyway, I just dropped by to say that your layout is very neat and aesthetically pleasing from your color choices, based on the sample you provided. Though I cannot guarantee I can avail of your services just yet, I wish you luck in your projects <: