Times Like These[Drama][Alternating POVs][slight GxB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Times Like These[Drama][Alternating POVs][slight GxB]

#1 Post by Haze »

This is the story of a stranger, who unexpectedly enters the life of a happy couple, Michael and Katherine. After Katherine goes missing, will the stranger be able to bring her back?
screenshot0052b.png
screenshot0053b.png
screenshot0054b.png
This is a short Halloween project I worked on with ludeshka. I did the writing, coding, and music, and ludeshka contributed all of the artwork.

Download links:
Windows
Mac
Linux
[url=http://tophat_haze.itch.io/times-like-these]Alternate links on Itchio[/url]

Happy Halloween, everyone!
Last edited by Haze on Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

SilverSnow
Regular
Completed: Bus Stop, Before the Tale, White Book Complete Volume, See You, The Raven
Projects: Secrets...
Tumblr: stchematelier
itch: st-chem-atelier
Discord: SHatsuyuki#1452

Re: Times Like These[Drama][Alternating POVs][slight GxB]

#2 Post by SilverSnow »

I Liked how you handled the different POVs between the characters. Shame I didn't understand much of the story although I had some hints about what might have happened to them. :)

Haze
Veteran

#3 Post by Haze »

Thanks for your comment! The story was meant to be a little vague, since I didn't want to spell everything out to the player, but here's a little more info in case it was a little too confusing:
This was basically a zombie story. Kat was bitten by one not long before the story begins. Mark doesn't want her to die out in the wilderness because he knows she'll come back as a zombie, and Vincent offers to find her and get rid of her for good. Cue the rest of the story. XD
If you feel there was a part of the story that was way too confusing, though, feel free to PM me. :D

Thanks so much for playing!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

SilverSnow
Regular
Completed: Bus Stop, Before the Tale, White Book Complete Volume, See You, The Raven

#4 Post by SilverSnow »

Haze wrote:Thanks for your comment! The story was meant to be a little vague, since I didn't want to spell everything out to the player, but here's a little more info in case it was a little too confusing:
This was basically a zombie story. Kat was bitten by one not long before the story begins. Mark doesn't want her to die out in the wilderness because he knows she'll come back as a zombie, and Vincent offers to find her and get rid of her for good. Cue the rest of the story. XD
Your welcome and thanks for clarifying. I kind of half guessed but turns out I'm pretty much wrong. xD Still i liked it!

Haze
Veteran

#5 Post by Haze »

SilverSnow wrote: Your welcome and thanks for clarifying. I kind of half guessed but turns out I'm pretty much wrong. xD Still i liked it!
Sorry for the super late reply. XD

Since the story was pretty open to interpretation(there's a reason it's kind of vague), I wouldn't say that, whatever you guessed the story was really about, your guess was "wrong"-- it was just different from mine. And, despite the fact I wrote the story, with my own interpretation and meaning, it's definitely open-ended enough for you to develop your own interpretation of what happened. If I may ask, what did you believe the story was really about?

SilverSnow
Regular

#6 Post by SilverSnow »

I initially thought some kind of disease got spread which cause her to lose her "rational part" and for people to lock themselves up
but after you explained it to me it makes more sense how. Still it was really good. ^^ Short but good.