What are your favorites?

For the rest of your otaku life.
x__sinister
Regular
Projects: Modus Operandi, Grim

What are your favorites?

#1 Post by x__sinister »

List your favorite animes, Games, Music, etc.
[I don't know what else to type. ><]

Uh~. Favorite Anime is definately LOVELESS. Soubi and Ritsuka are so cute together. Moe~~!
Ouran Host Club is also very kawaii. Hikaru/Kaoru is my favorite ship. But Haruhi and Tamaki are nice as well.

I am a big fan of FFX. I haven't played the other ones yet, but I'm really dieing to. FF7 I've got for PS1, but haven't played yet! Shame on me. And I've got 'Dirge', too. I've watched Advent Children, that was great. Seemed short, though.
[faint] Kadaj! 83
A literate roleplaying community.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Re: What are your favorites?

#2 Post by Der Tor »

Best Anime song is the Theme song of Elfen Lied (Lilium). One of the most beautifull songs ever... although the Anime is one of the worst ever (soooooo much blood... argh)

Best Anime is the Movie my Avatar picture is from (Lauras Stern) Although i am not entirely sure if that counts as an anime...

x__sinister
Regular

#3 Post by x__sinister »

Anime is just japanese for Animation. So, technically, yes. But, the style doesn't resemble it. >>

Weird. I've never seen any of those animes.

Ren

#4 Post by Ren »

Shojo Kakumei Utena!

BellosTheMighty
Regular

#5 Post by BellosTheMighty »

Well, I mainly know what I see on Cartoon Network, so I'd have to say my current favorite is Naruto, followed by Blood+. Bleach, IMHO, is hugely overrated. At Otakon a few weeks ago I saw some stuff that I'm interested in seeing more of- Phantom Memory Kurau and Tide-Line Blue come to mind. Witchblade also looks good- though just from the first two episodes, the two concurrent plotlines clash horribly.

That's subject to change, though. Ask me this time next year, I'll probably have a completely different answer.
----
"Yes, ninety percent would never get finished, and ninety percent of the rest would suck. That's the way it always works. That's how you get stuff that kicks ass." -Andrew Plotkin

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by musical74 »

OK everyone else, prepare to GROAN LOL

I've been playing video games since the Atari 2600 was BIG BIG NEWS, and so it's fair to say that I'm a major gamer...although recent consoles I haven't been able to afford, so the most recent console I have is the PSX. Most of the RPG series I like with a few exceptions, but my favorite of the RPG series is Final Fantasy 6. Yep...not FF 7, don't really care for it. Persona Relevations is a close second because of the way they made it...I like most games but I look for PLOT and STORY over GRAPHICS, so if a game has great graphics and that's it....I'll pass on it.

Music? hmmmmmm about the only things I DON'T like are rap and heavy metal...I'm a musician <well, I sing in a chior....that counts, right?>.
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

Sailor Kitty
Veteran

#7 Post by Sailor Kitty »

I like Hunney-kun from ouran. I think it's because I'm a lolishota too.
I like MelloxNear from DN or MattxMello. I think those are my fav. pairings right now.
I also like Cyborg 009 and GBC. Fav. pkmn game: Crystal.
script is 85% done.
Title is now "Running through water"
and will hopefully stay that way.
Need a poem/lyric?
I'll write one for ya!
http://blog.sanriotown.com/sailorkitty_:hellokitty.com

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#8 Post by Otaku Dash »

Right now I'm addicted to Lovely complex... but then again I'm a romantic maniac that can't live withough romance and comedy :P *laughs*

Right now I'm playing Tsukihime English and Melty Blood Act Cadenza Version B (well actually All Melty bloods to be honest.. Melty blood rocks!!! XD) ... can't stop playing 4 player mode (Nanaya (me) + shiki (com) Vs. Nrvsq Chaos (com) + (Night of) Walachia (com)... whata rush!!!). So basicly I'm on a mad rush for Type moon related games.... right now I just installed Kagetsu Tohya with the English patch... btu I want to fully complete Tsukihime.. wich may take a while sicne I only finished "Arcueids True" ending so far.

And yes... I still have to continue Battle Moon wars.... I want episode 4 T_T

And yesterday I got the urge to play RPG maker games... so I took succubus quest along with lots of otehr freeware games... right now I just want to play Romancing Walker, Law and War 1(by Admiral Styles) and the Way Saga (by Crestfallen Studios)...

Too many things... so little time.. not to mention uni will be back soon T_T
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#9 Post by Vatina »

Sailor Kitty wrote:Fav. pkmn game: Crystal.
Mine was Silver, but now it won't save anymore ( = useless) T_T Heard it was a general problem with that version... sniff.

Hmm my favourites... that's hard to say. Among games it would have to be Ever17 or FF8 - although Type-Moon's games are great too.
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Ah! My Goddess are still among my fav mangas, they were some of the first I ever read.
And anime... something like Air and Mai Hime. It's hard to say though, I have a lot of favourite anime :P

MoonlightBomber
Regular
Completed: Gravure: A Super Network Wars Prelude, Nothing Happened series
Projects: Deadline, upcoming NaNoRenO 2020 project
Tumblr: moonlightbomber
Deviantart: moonlightbomber
itch: dagitabsoft

#10 Post by MoonlightBomber »

I'm an RPG fan since 1999... thanks to Legend of Legaia. Since then I've been dabbling in RPG's old and new (still has to get Persona 3 as of now).

Anime? My all-time fave would be To Heart. The anime version introduced me to the ren'ai/VN fandom.

I also cosplay at local conventions, mostly as ren'ai/VN protagonists.
Korina Sanchez: Ex-sensei Mel, we've met again.
Mel Tiangco: I'm expecting this from my former student.
Korina Sanchez: I know all along the reason for your presence.
Mel Tiangco: Of course. Your hairbrush.
Korina Sanchez: Snatch it again? Well, you're mistaken. It's because my hairbrush's container is packed with security features. What's your say?
Mel Tiangco: If you can do security... (pause) then 120% of my strength will shatter it!

Excerpt from Super Network Wars Omega: Suikoden Pilipinas

rocket
Veteran
Projects: Starlight Ep0, Ep1

#11 Post by rocket »

Favs at the moment...

Lets see, this season is full of crazy goodness!
There's Guerren Lagaan - Kamina arc, Guerren Lagaan - Nia arc, Guerren Lagaan - Anti-Spiral arc, and Denno Coil.
Oh, also Guerren Lagaan's final arc of course! (^_-).

Looking further back I'd add Laputa, Evangelion, and Mahou Shoujou Tai Arasu to make an all time fave five.

Manga I'm working through are Gunslinger Girl and Shadow Star...

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#12 Post by lordcloudx »

Favorite anime: (depends on the mood I'm in) Honey & Clover for now
Favorite rpg: FFVII (Look at my username if you couldn't figure this out)
I also like to play almost any console rpg, fighting games, all types of doujin games, fps games, danmaku games, etc.

Favorite rpg soundtrack: Xenogears
Favorite rpg story: Xenogears
Favorite song: (currently) You Raise Me Up - Inori version from Romeo x Juliet
Favorite anime genre: Shoujo (Fruits Basket, Fushigi Yuugi, Full Moon Wo Sagashite... yes! My choices are for little girls. So what?)

edit: Might as well add

Favorite Message Board: Lemmasoft
Favorite Message Board to Leech From and Act Retarded In: Simulationstyle

Moonlightbomber: Hehe... my opinion on the original to heart is the same as the reviewers on THEM.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#13 Post by mikey »

It's been some time since I did this, but... here we go. I don't think my entertainment favorites changed much... or at all. I'm actually very proud that I can have a specific answer for myself in many of the cases (mostly because they are so general - a "favorite game" for example, instead of favorite RPG or racing games). On the other hand, I like many TV series, but even though I could create a top list, I wouldn't really know which one would be the one to call favorite - so the answers below are really only the absolute ones - which I would give at any time without a moment's hesitation. If there is no absolute favorite, I left it blank (or left out entirely - I don't have any favorite singers or groups yet). It may still come. :P In short, these are my all-time favorites:

Favorite anime genre: action
Favorite anime series: Najica
Favorite anime movie: ---
Favorite anime character: Misato Katsuragi

Favorite manga: ---

Favorite movie genre: action
Favorite movie: Entrapment (1999)

Favorite book genre: psychological
Favorite book: ---

Favorite music genre: trance
Favorite song: Airwaves (by Rank 1)

Favorite game genre: racing
Favorite game: Traffic Department 2192

Favorite VN: Desire
Favorite VN character: Kazumi Grandchester

Favorite VN from our community: The Garden Society: Kykuit
Favorite character from a VN from our community: Lillian Botsford

x__sinister
Regular

#14 Post by x__sinister »

I like MelloxNear from DN or MattxMello. I think those are my fav. pairings right now.
MelloxNear is absolutely adorable. Tsundere Mello gives me that destinct MOE squealing noise in my brain. :3
Not to mention he's the epitome of sociopath. XD Near is just so emotionless that it's amusing.

MattxMello is awesome, too, though! The mere fact that Mello gets topped makes me giggle insanely. :>
[shakes pompoms] MATT! MATT! [/end shaking]
BUT I MISS L! I've only just gotten to the manga volume right after he died. [whimper]

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#15 Post by Otaku Dash »

x__sinister wrote:
BUT I MISS L! I've only just gotten to the manga volume right after he died. [whimper]
I kinda lost hope on deathnote after that... T_T Well I already know the ending so I'm pleased with it... mwahahahahaha *evil eyes flare up*
Revenge is sweet Kira... revenge is sweet...
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)