Movement [GxG] [Drama] [Friendship] [Romance] [KN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

Re: Movement [GxG] [Drama] [Friendship] [Romance]

#31 Post by meiri »

Update #8...

Bad news! My USB, the method with which I stored all the files for Movement, is broken and corrupted. I have unfortunately lost quite a bit of writing, as well as programming and planning.

The effects this will have?
  • Well, I have ZERO plans to drop Movement! Although it will take a little time, I'm not gonna let this bump in the road stop me!
  • The demo won't be out as quick, but it's still not too far away. I'm hoping mid-December to early-January as opposed to late-November and early-December.
  • While some work was lost in the demo, a lot of stuff lost had to do with the full visual novel, essentially, planning and route mapping. One of my considerations was actually to turn Movement back into a kinetic VN (as that was how it originally was planned), but I'm not 100% sure at this point.
Of course, this week I'll have a little extra time so I'll be working on recovering what I can. :) If nothing is decided sooner, then keep an eye out for Wednesday's update! (PS: Sorry for being a day late!)

Unfortunately, that is all I have for this update, so of course, stay tuned!
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

#32 Post by Seigetsu »

That's really unfortunate. While I'd definitely prefer multiple choices for romanceable characters, it's really up to you regarding whether a kinetic novel would be more feasible. If you do need any help, feel free to ask :)

demanrisu
Completed: Steal My Artificial Heart, RE\VISION, Starbound, Staxel, Loverwatch

#33 Post by demanrisu »

Hey there! Tiny bit of feedback - you might want to revisit your font choice. In the screenshots, it's pretty hard to tell whether commas are periods (and vice versa).

meiri
Regular

#34 Post by meiri »

Seigetsu wrote:That's really unfortunate. While I'd definitely prefer multiple choices for romanceable characters, it's really up to you regarding whether a kinetic novel would be more feasible. If you do need any help, feel free to ask :)
Thanks! I do appreciate the offer.
demanrisu wrote:Hey there! Tiny bit of feedback - you might want to revisit your font choice. In the screenshots, it's pretty hard to tell whether commas are periods (and vice versa).
Thanks, I'll definitely start looking for some better fonts to promote readability. :)
--

meiri
Regular

#35 Post by meiri »

Update #9!

Wow, I cannot believe I am on the ninth update! That means it's been 9+ weeks since the announcement of Movement!

Now, on the actual update...

I have officially made the decision for Movement to become a Kinetic Visual Novel.
I understand that this a major change in development, and that it practically changes a lot of things. I'm sorry to anyone who was looking forward to the branching choices, but I do believe that this is the best choice for the VN!

There are some things that I am keeping intact, however:
  • You can still go on separate routes for Deja and Bevelyn (but their stories are essentially kinetic and linear).
  • I'm still keeping the web browser, it'll just have a slightly different meaning in Movement!
  • The CG amount is the same-- and may even increase with this change in development!
I have high hopes for a much more interesting update next time, as well as a demo release very soon (do KNs even need demos? Well, this one will! :))

Keep your eyes and ears open for the next update!
--

Seigetsu
Regular
Deviantart: suien

Re: Movement [GxG] [Drama] [Friendship] [Romance] [KN]

#36 Post by Seigetsu »

Oh, so if I'm understanding this correctly, there would be one or two choices to diverge from the common route into either Deja or Bevelyn routes, and then it's linear from there onwards? I think if this makes it easier for you, development-wise, then it's great! I was just worried that we'd not get two routes anymore.

I don't know if KNs need demos, but either way, if you do make a demo, I'd play it! Thanks in advance!

meiri
Regular

#37 Post by meiri »

Update #10!!!

Yay! We've reached our 10th update!
Yes, I am aware I skipped last week, but I felt that update wouldn't have much in it, but this one does so that's good!

I have officially rewritten everything that was lost + finishing Bevelyn's portion that will be in the demo.
All that's left is to finish up some art assets and writing for Deja's route!

I'm going to update the screenshots on the main post, but I'll put them here, too:
I'm optimistic for a demo release around the 22nd of December. That is not an official date, just some hopeful prospects for when I want it out!

However, I do want to give some recognition to those helping me out on this project (particularly writing). These people are personal friends who do not have accounts on LSF and just go by a pseudonym :
  • Bio-Inivi: webpage "articles"
  • Pouri: Editing, proofreading
  • Gill: Ideabouncing and honest feedback
  • Ryuuko: Testing & Feedback
Lastly, as we get closer to the demo, I'm going to do some character highlights throughout the week where you can learn a little more about each character!

That is all for this update, stay tuned!
--

meiri
Regular

#38 Post by meiri »

Seigetsu wrote:Oh, so if I'm understanding this correctly, there would be one or two choices to diverge from the common route into either Deja or Bevelyn routes, and then it's linear from there onwards? I think if this makes it easier for you, development-wise, then it's great! I was just worried that we'd not get two routes anymore.

I don't know if KNs need demos, but either way, if you do make a demo, I'd play it! Thanks in advance!
Yup! I'm not currently sure if linear or kinetic is the right word, but basically, your first choice will decide which girl's route you enter, and through the rest of the route there will be minor choices that will affect dialogue but you will still have the same ending!
--

meiri
Regular

#39 Post by meiri »

Update #11!
We are now to our 11th update!
Like I said, the 22nd was not a demo release date, I'm actually hoping to get it out after this date.

As for progress on the VN, everything is going well, and while I may not have any samples to show you, I DO have a character highlight!

--
Character Highlight: Callie

Name: Callie
Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Introvert, Extrovert, or Ambivert: Ambivert
Likes to read: Fliers, blogs, and newspapers!
Pasttimes:
  • Signing up for some random new club
  • Long, afternoon walks
  • Browsing the internet and daily news sites
  • Educating herself outside of school
Future Dreams: To work as an architect and engineer
Preferred Environment: Somewhere with a small group of calm, outgoing, cheerful people that like to talk
Favorite Drink: Juice

If Callie could describe herself.... well, she couldn't! She never really had a habit of thinking about herself, questioning who she is, or defining who she is as a person until recently. With that being said, she always looks to others to see as to the kind of person she is. In general, Callie is very likable and friendly, but she can also be too reliant and dependent on people, especially once she knows them well.
While Callie has reached a certain level of maturity that she should have at her age, she still maintains a level of childishness in the sense that she is very naive and impressionable. Now, don't get me wrong, she isn't stupid, vapid, or completely clueless, but when if you tell her of something she's never heard of or learned of before, she will almost always believe you.

--

That is all for this update, guys! Stay tuned.
--