Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4471 Post by Caveat Lector »

Ugh, that sucks. Is there a way you can recover the files?
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

#4472 Post by meiri »

Caveat Lector wrote:Ugh, that sucks. Is there a way you can recover the files?
No idea, honestly. I'm going to try formatting the USB and putting the files back on there (as the issue could just be the drive), but first I'll check Word to see if it autosaved anything.
I could always just rewrite it all from scratch, but my memory truly isn't all that great, and I feel like it won't be as good and in depth as the previous write. :/ Plus, writing all those branching paths isn't too fun, so I have high hopes for recovering my work.
So much for USBs being a better way to back up your files...
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?

Kinjo
Veteran
Completed: When the Seacats Cry
Projects: Detective Butler
Organization: Goldbar Games
Tumblr: kinjo-goldbar
Deviantart: Kinjo-Goldbar
Github: GoldbarGames
itch: goldbargames

#4473 Post by Kinjo »

I'm sorry for posting here again, but there's nowhere else I can really post this.

Feeling really nervous and confused. I'm left with a lot of questions and no answers.
I don't understand any significance of the events that happened to me during the past year.
Why? Why would a person do all those things?

I tried to understand this but it only led to more questions, and I can't get any answers anymore.
I feel happy whenever I'm working on my games, even talking about working on them... but my mind wanders back here eventually.

It makes me wonder if I could have done something different... But I'd always been wondering this. Everyone, except her, tells me I did nothing wrong, but I still wonder, because I don't like this outcome and wish it would change. And I don't understand why this outcome had to be in the first place.

I'm sorry, this is probably what happens when you really love a person who doesn't even want to be your friend, and I don't understand it yet.

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#4474 Post by noeinan »

Alone on Thanksgiving again this year-- I was pretty excited when my dad offered to visit if we couldn't make it up, but then he ignored my messages for two weeks and we never set up a time. I cleaned the whole house and everything... Woke up today, called my family to at least say "hi" over the phone. Have my grandma and grandpa visiting from across the state and out of state, so I thought I could say hello to everyone since I haven't gotten to see them in a very long time.

I call, talk to my dad, he says hi and happy thanksgiving, gives me to my mom. She says hi, and happy thanksgiving, and I tell them I wish everyone happy thanksgiving. Everyone is watching football, and thus don't pay attention to me, Mom says bye and hangs up the phone. Just like I was a distraction, and no one really wanted to even say hello.

A lot of other trans people don't even get that because their family completely rejected them, but it still hurts. And because I'm on a nigh sleep schedule, I've got all night of sitting alone being reminded while I heat up frozen burritos.

/sigh Well, enough bitching from me. Hope folks at lemmasoft have a good Thanksgiving.

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#4475 Post by Shinoki »

=w= I need to take care of my health more... I have really bad headaches...

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4476 Post by curry nochi rice »

Dunno if doing the wrong thing of drifting away from friends, or it's just natural since we're all irregulars and our schedules match only once, and that's 6:00-7:30pm every Tuesdays and Fridays.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

firecat
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Unknowns Saga series
Projects: The Unknown Saga series
Tumblr: bigattck
Deviantart: bigattck
Soundcloud: bigattck-firecat

#4477 Post by firecat »

yay 300 pages yay, not everything here must be negative.

edited: awww miss it

special thanks to nantoka.main.jp and iichan_lolbot

eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr
Tumblr: beautifulstarrx

#4478 Post by eileen »

I'm just so depressed right now that I feel like I'm going breakdown and cry. I just don't want to eat and I can't sleep. I just feeling stressed and even compromises don't make it even better. I'm nowhere near waiting to die but I'm just taking space letting people have their way since they need it more than I do. The honesty, truth and reality of people are just boost the depression even further.

I'm not giving up on my projects or anything. I'm really need a pick me up or something good or positive to have in my life right now. :( It's mostly nothing to do with my projects though. I will continue to work on them since I like them and team is working hard. I'll just keep going until I drop.....

Sorry for taking your time... Just need people to listen. Don't need to comment.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

#4479 Post by pocoscon »

eileen wrote:I'm just so depressed right now that I feel like I'm going breakdown and cry. I just don't want to eat and I can't sleep. I just feeling stressed and even compromises don't make it even better. I'm nowhere near waiting to die but I'm just taking space letting people have their way since they need it more than I do. The honesty, truth and reality of people are just boost the depression even further.

I'm not giving up on my projects or anything. I'm really need a pick me up or something good or positive to have in my life right now. :( It's mostly nothing to do with my projects though. I will continue to work on them since I like them and team is working hard. I'll just keep going until I drop.....

Sorry for taking your time... Just need people to listen. Don't need to comment.

I know how you feel. I've been like this for over a month now. For me, not even visual novels are helping....I'm glad you're not on the edge of where you want to die. Depression sucks badly, and if you're like me who feels almost all alone, it's not easy to get over. Still, I wish you the best and hope you can focus on your games so that they can help you get out of this funk.
Black Lotus(A work in progress)- (BxB,Horror,Thriller,Fantasy) Tells the story of a boy who must save his home and friends from dangerous creatures known as the Tainted. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=28588

Catching the Sun(A work in progress)- (GxG,Slice of Life,Friendship,Drama)

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=29404

eileen
Veteran
Projects: Akiba Z and Passion Sync
Organization: Aphrodisia/Beautiful Starr
Tumblr: beautifulstarrx

#4480 Post by eileen »

pocoscon wrote:
eileen wrote:I'm just so depressed right now that I feel like I'm going breakdown and cry. I just don't want to eat and I can't sleep. I just feeling stressed and even compromises don't make it even better. I'm nowhere near waiting to die but I'm just taking space letting people have their way since they need it more than I do. The honesty, truth and reality of people are just boost the depression even further.

I know how you feel. I've been like this for over a month now. For me, not even visual novels are helping....I'm glad you're not on the edge of where you want to die. Depression sucks badly, and if you're like me who feels almost all alone, it's not easy to get over. Still, I wish you the best and hope you can focus on your games so that they can help you get out of this funk.
Thanks. Sorry, to hear that as well.

I've been dealing with depression for 3+ years and mostly nothing related to manga, anime or visual novel that are created from other people are helping out side of Dragon ball and my projects. I'm glad that I'm not on the edge yet but I gone there a couple of times... I agree that depression sucks and I do feel all alone even if people are there. I wish you luck as well. I calm down a little though, I can go easily back to breaking point again. It's weird that I still feel alone even with like minded people. o.o Yeah, I really need to talk to someone soon....

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#4481 Post by Hijiri »

I need classes to graduate, but can;t pick any classes because my registration date is so late. I wanted to finish by Fall of 2015, but it seems I'm gonna have to wait until Spring 2016 or worse, Fall 2016.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4482 Post by PyTom »

Hijiri wrote:I need classes to graduate, but can;t pick any classes because my registration date is so late. I wanted to finish by Fall of 2015, but it seems I'm gonna have to wait until Spring 2016 or worse, Fall 2016.
Talk to your professors and departmental secretaries. It's surprising how much power they have to waive rules, if they want to.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4483 Post by mugenjohncel »

It's more FUN in the PHILIPPINES!

A place where a Bicycle can and will be stolen right in front of your eyes and nobody can do anything to stop it.

Long story short, the Security Guard stationed at the building we're renting is about to embark on his daily 8km bicycle journey. Surprise body-slam! and there goes his Bicycle and everything is over in just 30 seconds. It was in Esteban Street in the middle of F*cking Makati business District and not a single one of the Security Guards currently in duty lining the street at that time helped or even bother, no yellow guards, not even the people around... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Don't count on me, I'm on a Wheelchair. That was the first time in a long time I saw a grown man cry. Later I learned that his whole salary was in a pouch bag attached to his Bicycle... double blow...

Anyway, this particular security guard is special to me since not only he knows my other identity as "UNCLE MUGEN" and my Visual Novel Dev activities, basically someone I can talk to about anime and VN's in General that can relate, he goes up to my office and we play Melty Blood, Tekken Tag 2, Touhou Scarlet Weather Rhapsody... etc... during his breaks and also serve a very distinctive role as my SHIELD in online transactions (Basically he and two other people are serving as recipients for Commission payments which is then remitted to me... I mean, I still want to hide my true identity). Anyway, me and the other tenants of the 2nd and 3rd floor dig deep in our respective petty cash and give him money so he can buy a bicycle, surprisingly, his agency is appreciative and promised to reimburse it to us.

While I cannot blame him about how easily the bike was swiped from him, I can certainly question his decision of putting his salary in his Bicycle (actually, a bag attached to the Bicycle) though this is not the time for blame fingering. Now contrary to popular belief, I Uncle Mugen is a Good Guy so I'm going to surprise him with something nice in a few days... :)

I know stories like this are pretty common everywhere but it still feels pretty surreal when you've witnessed it yourself, more so if the people involved are someone you know personally... :?

"POOF" (Disappears)

noeinan
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Ren'Py QuickStart, Crimson Rue
Organization: Statistically Unlikely Games
Deviantart: noeinan
Github: noeinan

#4484 Post by noeinan »

D: That's horrible Uncle Mugen! I'm glad you and the other tenants are there for him, but it's unbelievable that someone just tackled him and took his bike. O.O

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#4485 Post by curry nochi rice »

Damn Uncle, that's one example of shock and awe, or speed and violence of action. ;_; Surreal stuff right there.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.