Recommend some K & J drama

For the rest of your otaku life.
try10
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Recommend some K & J drama

#46 Post by try10 »

Sadly, I don't have a permanent internet connection, so I can't afford to watch it online. I'll just wait until my ratio improves. :D

suzuaki
Regular
Completed: Violet White Hill

#47 Post by suzuaki »

muniiam wrote:
suzuaki wrote:
lemonokashi wrote:Love from the stars! It's my new favorite!
highfives! it's certainly one of the best korean stuff i've ever watched! :D
Omg you guys agree with me O_O It was sooooo good! xD
Indeed! SooHyun has been my favorite actor since dreamhigh xD I actually watched it only because he's in it at first, but then I realized that the story and other actors/actresses are really good~
(┓^ω^)┛))ヨイサヨイサ♪(┓^ω^)┛))

completed work : Violet White Hill [GxB/G VN][Mystery/Comedy/Romance/Voiced]
Find me on : devianArt | SoundCloud | YouTube

Ordog
Regular

#48 Post by Ordog »

My love from the stars was only awesome because of the Main actress. The alien wasn't that present (Though he was hot)
But Cheong Song Yi !! Each time she appeared I'd laugh like a mad girl !! They even made some emots of her on Line haha...

What about those ?:
J-Drama:
JIN: About a doctor who goes back in time (To the Edo period), he saves a samurai and.... (The Korean version is one of the worst dramas I watched though)
http://mydramalist.com/145-jin
Samurai High School: A high schooler buys a book written by a samurai who has the same name as him. Then each time kotaro loses consciousness the samurai takes control of his body. Very funny.
http://mydramalist.com/11-samurai-high-school
My Boss My hero: A very exaggerated drama, typical of Japanese comedies. A Yakuza has to go back to high school and get his diploma or else he won't be the next boss. However, if he's discovered, he'll be expelled and won't get his diploma...
http://mydramalist.com/98-my-boss-my-hero
Is-Otoko demo onna demo nai: Haru is an IS, neither a boy nor a girl. Officially, Haru's a girl, but he was raised and feels like a boy. However, in order to get into the school he wants he'll have to go as a girl. Touching, and funny. There is a romance as well, when Haru falls for her guy friend.
http://mydramalist.com/2751-is-otoko-de ... mo-nai-sei

K-Drama:
Faith: One of the best I watched: Eun-soo a plastic surgeon is kidnapped by the general Choi Yeong and taken to... the Goryo dynasty !! She has to heal the queen, and will have to wait for the heaven's gates to come back to the 21st century. However, she gets tangled in political fights, plotting, and some want to keep the Heavenly doctor to themselves while others see her as a threat. Of course, it's the duty of General Choi Yeong to protect her...
http://mydramalist.com/3994-faith
I hear your voice: After an accident and witnessing his father's death, a young boy begin to read other's minds. His father's murderer swear he'll get revenge on him and the girl who helped to send him in jail. 10 years later, they meet again, she's a lawyer and he's a 3rd year highschooler and though she doesn't recognize him, the boy promises to protect her.
http://mydramalist.com/6993-i-hear-your-voice
Master's sun: A woman can see and speak with ghosts. Unable to sleep or go out, she lives confined to her room. One rainy night she meets a man, whom makes all the ghosts disappear once she touches him. Problem: he hates people touching him.
http://mydramalist.com/6756-the-masters-sun
Queen In Hyun's man: A Gisaeng give a talisman to our main hero: The same night someone attempts to kill him as he tries to protect the queen: But when the sword pierce through his chest, instead of dying, he's sent 300 years in the future. There, he meets an actress who just got the role of the queen he's supposed to protect in an upcoming drama. Can they be together though 300 years separate them ? (One of my favourite drama)
http://mydramalist.com/3985-queen-in-hyuns-man

But actually, if I were you, I'd watch movies first. Why ? Because they are shorter and you don't have the time to get bored (Unlike with drama, when you reach ep. 13/16 or 7/10)
Here is MDL if you want more titles: http://mydramalist.com/dramalist/Fairth/completed

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#49 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

If you like a good murder mystery (with a hint of romance), you should definitely watch Mawang (The Devil). They made a J-drama version, but the K-drama is superior, IMO. The story follows a shy librarian with psychic powers (Shin Min Ah of the My GF is A Gumiho fame) who gets roped into helping a grizzled detective solve a series of deaths where tarot cards are left at every crime scene. The detective's adversary is a smooth lawyer who defends the suspects accused...I can't say more without spoiling anything. It is 20 episodes long and each one keeps you wanting to see more!

Honest Critique

Tyrantauranox
Regular

#50 Post by Tyrantauranox »

Japanese: Nodame Cantabile, Bambino!, GTO, Nana (movie)

Korean: Horse Doctor

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#51 Post by potouto »

Can somebody help me find this J-Drama? I saw it on the ads other day but never found what its name was. I searched through all the recommendations in the thread but it's nowhere to be found. The protagonist is a female with short black hair and the male is a guy with hair like Rui from Hana Yori Dango? It had one pairing as far as I've seen in the video and it's school life theme?

Barzini
Regular
Projects: Seat of Power, Our Final Moments, A More Beautiful World, Forgotten, Not Lost
Organization: Afterthought Studios
Tumblr: letsafterthoughtstudios

#52 Post by Barzini »

I really recommend the Korean drama that Son Hyun Joo acted in - The Chaser.
Founder of Afterthought Studios

Working on:
A More Beautiful World
Forgotten, Not Lost
Our Final Moments
Seat of Power

Catalyst Edge Gaming
Regular
Completed: Deep Freeze Cafe
Projects: Junkyard
Tumblr: catalystedge

#53 Post by Catalyst Edge Gaming »

Personally I really liked (this is in no real order :
1. City hunter (kdrama) (It was kind of action packed, it was a really good and consistent plot line, I even managed to get my very picky family hooked on it)

2. Secret Garden (kdrama) (I loved the characters, they are weird, but endearing, I was sad when I was done watching it because I liked the character so much) ;_;

3. Boys over Flowers (kdrama) (Liked it, didn't love it, so much was happening it got me a bit confused)

4. Mary me Mary/ Mary stayed out all Night (I really liked this one, but I don't know if it was popular. The characters were a bit 'troubled' but it was kind of cute in the underground rock star kinda way)

5. Rooftop Prince (The characters where kinda clueless and cute at first, but they really grew and the plot was really good and captivating, I liked it a lot and was sad when I saw I had no more episodes to watch)

I don't watch a lot of J dramas, but I did watch the Liar Games, it was kinda psychological, it wasn't really romantic or anything but the plot was interesting to me, but a bit hard to explain, you might want to look it up.

On a side note I know you said J dramas and kdramas but if you're open to Taiwanese dramas Autumn's Concerto was good (it's kind of heavy and will wreck your emotions though, but it's good kept my attention)

Meteor Garden was also good, (it was kind of like Boys over Flowers)

And last but not least Mars was good (It's a psychological one so it was also a bit heavy (and a destroyer of emotions as well), but also a romance. I liked the character's chemistry and drive it was good, it didn't hurt that the main female lead was an artist, so to some extent I could relate with her a bit.

Hope this was helpful
First Finished game! Deep Freeze Cafe.

You can buy it here

And of course there's something new in the works. More details will be released on tumblr as the project get's further along~
http://catalystedge.tumblr.com/

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#54 Post by Kate »

I absolutely loved Itazura na kiss. :) It's definitely a dramatic but good work. I also loved Ouran Host Club. I'm a time-restricted binge-watcher so when I have a free weekend, I take on a whole season or two in two days. Those both were very addicting :)
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#55 Post by try10 »

I am searching for some good drama or movies. Preferably from 2014 or doesn't matter as long as it's UNIQUE! I have recently seen: King of Highschool ( I never thought I would like it so much), The Princess's Man ( It was good), Marriage not Dating ( the chemistry between the leads is AMAZING), The Night Watchman ( I shouldn't wasted my time on this &*^%, :x the lead actress was so fake and the romantic moments made me turn my head away because of the awkwardness. The EVIL DUDE was the only one who could act /crazy but funny/), A few ep from Joseon's Gunman, but I found it extremely boring so I gave up, Few eps from You're all surrounded, but I gave up on that one too cause the plot was draggy and I didn't find it unique or exciting in any was, Bride of the Century ( I also gave up on it because of the main cast being not good enough :| ).

I'm just pretty disappointed since there isn't anything original anymore.:( They just put some pretty faces out there, predictable plot and something that doesn't make sense and they expect it to be successful. I want something that will leave me wanting to watch the next episode ASAP. Something with an unpredictable plot and good actors. Please help me. I really need to relax and watch something interesting. Thank you in advance! :)

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#56 Post by Shinoki »

Asadora! :v (okay, I'm pretty sure that's not a drama's name, but NHK morning dramas) There are a lot of them. Each is pretty long (over a hundred episodes long), but the good thing is that the episodes aren't too big--only 15 minutes! I'd recommend Amachan. I'd say it's unique enough with the accents, the city girl, the taxi driver, jumping into the ocean, idols, jejeje!

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#57 Post by Snowflower »

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as an avid k-drama watcher (like weekly, religiously, im also korean; fluent in the language *^*), I have many that I have recently finished/am currently watching

So these are probably some of the top k-dramas i've watched in 2014 :)
(these go chronologically by release date in 2014)
1. I Need Romance Season 3
2. Emergency Couple
3. Big Man
4. Dr. Stranger **
5. You're Surrounded **
6. It's Okay, That's Love **
7. The Night Watchman's Journal **
8. IronMan
9. Liar Game ** (They made a Korean drama remake of the original. I really liked this.)

** Indicated my faves
I've watched many more dramas in 2014 than this list but these are probably the noteworthy ones

Currently watching:
-Pinocchio
-Birth of a Beauty
they're both wonderful so far!!!!!!!!! Obsessed with Pinocchio!! (Lee JongSuk & Park ShinHye)
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#58 Post by try10 »

I've finished I need romance 3 and it was enjoyable and now I'm watching Prosecutor Princess, but I'm not very impressed. Maybe it will get better in the next episodes. As for movie,s if you are into dark stuff I've just seen a japanese movie called Confessions. It was AWESOME!!!!!!! Now, I'm watching The face reader 2013 (korean movie) and it's very interesting! :D If anyone finds any good dramas and movies that they like, please let me know. Thanks!:D
In the future, I think I'll watch Liar game and Pinocchio ( when it finishes airing). Planning to see the show Next Kpop Star season 4, but I can't find any subtitle, so I'll wait until they sub the first ep. K pop star is my guilty pleasure. :D

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#59 Post by Snowflower »

try10 wrote: In the future, I think I'll watch Liar game and Pinocchio ( when it finishes airing).

Liar Game is done!! :D it's only 12 episodes!
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#60 Post by try10 »

Started watching Liar Game. It bores me and I'm on ep 6.
I don't think I'll finish Prosecutor Princess. The characters are annoying.
Started Hometown Legends, but it's not scary at all...
My fav show kpop star latest ep isn't subbed...

Anyone finished watching Tomorrow's Cantabile?