Aloners [GxB] (a post-apocalyptic romance)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
blusand97

Re: Aloners [GxB] (a post-apocalyptic romance)

#31 Post by blusand97 »

I downloaded the game yesterday and I finished it in one play through! Needless to say, I really, really loved it. I loved it so much that I decided to finally create an account on this forum so I could tell you how much I loved it! After I finished it the first time, I went through all my favourite scenes again and again. The story is just seriously AMAZING. Like, I was so emotionally invested in the story and the characters. Trash is my bae haha :D
Also I really liked the music and the sound effects you chose! They really helped me get into the story.
When the two of them were reunited after getting separated in the red smog, I was so happy I teared up. And the scene that followed was done so perfectly - it really showed how much the two of them cared for each other and their relief at just being alive. So. Good.

I kind of wish there were sprites for the other characters in the story, such as Gamma and Alpha, but I didn't really mind that much because I felt it added to the affect of them being 'alone'.
All in all, an extremely well done game! I'll definitely go and try the other game you've done, as well as any future games you make!
Thank you for making such an awesome game hehe!! :mrgreen:

Alia
Regular

#32 Post by Alia »

I really enjoyed the game.
Nuclear(?) apocalypse meets zombie apocalypse ftw! The middle ground between "we think we know everything about how the apocalypse happened" (Newsflesh Trilogy) and "we know nothing about how the apocalypse happened" somehow rings truer than both, and while frustrating, is extremely compelling.
The only thing in the game that I really found distracting was
the way in which Alpha threatened rape and constant childbirth a couple of times. Definitely (due to setting and characterization) the threats needed to be made, but the way he kept pussy-footing around the actual words seems kinda bizarre in light of his actions as a bandit.
Thank you for making this game!

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#33 Post by Elze »

Heyo. Just wanted to drop by to give my thanks for this game. I downloaded it after Josie recommended it, and I'm so glad she did. This game was really solid, especially in terms of the storyline and game choices. The choices were not exaggerated and I was glad that I could get a good ending even though I didn't always pick the "right choice", staying true to my character.

You guys definitely nailed it. Kudos to the artist for the awesome art as well. Awesome game! :)

Bellethiel

#34 Post by Bellethiel »

I was stalking this project for a long time, and let me say it was definitely worth the wait.

I loved how relationship between main character and Trash was developing through the story. Great story pace.
Also. Apocaliptic setting is one of my favourite things in this game. Especially cause it's really taking huge part in the actual story instead of being just a background. I was feeling all this constant danger surrounding characters and I loved that.
I think I got best possible ending on my first try (was so proud of myself! surviving in this cruel world AND ending up happy? I feel that's some achievement. Now I am kind of afraid to look for different outcomes though. Somehow I feel that it would break my heart. .__.
Congratulations on making such a great game. And thank you for sharing it. (:

AeraMillenia

#35 Post by AeraMillenia »

Aloners is one of the BEST VNs I've EVER read, just brilliant. I was actually leaning away cos there was only one guy,but the first CG drew me in cos Trash looked really cute there,and I'm so glad I tried it because it was simply amazing. I spent 3 hours non stop right after I downloaded it, and I didn't regret it. It gave me a rollercoaster of feels,and damn,the romance was adorable. Whenever I read good romance scenes,my stomach flutters,and I felt a lot of it this time. I didn't want it to end really,but alas,all good things must come to an end.
Trash was written really well,his emotions and motivations,everything. And referring to the heroine as 'You' (do you call this second person cos I keep mixing it up) really made me feel involved. You could have given sprites to the other characters,but its not like I'm hung over that.
Edit: Forgot to mention,pretty sure I got the best ending,which I'm very proud of. I don't think I'll try any other ending,especially a bad one since that would mean I have to be mean to Trash and I don't wanna hurt the poor bae. I also loved picking the options that made him more playful,it was really nice.
Overall brilliant,thank you for making this VN,it was a memorable read.

Angie
Regular

#36 Post by Angie »

I wasn't able to finish it yet - but I spend a good three hours on it - and my mind is blown! Every time I thought, like, okay, this is going to happend, it probably ends soon... The game suprised me! I was like "WOW".

It's amazing game concept, and as for me it has everything. Also, as a lover of apocalypse/zombie themes I find that part of game handled good, also (maybe just not enough details about zombies/muties and no graphics for that, but it's fine).

Keep it up! I will happily see more games made by you!
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder

erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

#37 Post by erikoillustrations »

I loved this game so much! Probably the best zombie/otome VN game I've ever played :shock:
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]

Wisp
Projects: Amnesia Translation Project
Organization: Hanataba Translation
IRC Nick: Wisp

#38 Post by Wisp »

I haven't finished the game (yet), but I wanted to chime in with my own praises :D . I am very glad you guys made this free (I can't pay for anything yet >.<). And even though it is, you can tell that a lot of work went into it.

What I really admire are the interactions between Myrrha and Trash. It's realistic, and you don't really come across that much in the romance genre these days. (Oh, big thumbs up for those options that didn't make you look like the submissive type... they're the choices I always wish were in these games!)

I can safely say that if you start charging for your games, and I'm able to order things online, I wouldn't mind buying them from you ^---^.

Sharane
Regular

#39 Post by Sharane »

Absorbing, exciting, touching and very interesting. I recommend it to everyone who wants not only classic romance but also an original story behind it all.
I like post-apocalyptic topics, though this is the first VN of this kind I played. I was so sunk in this game that sometimes I really had fear about Trash, about the future of both of them (MC and Trash) and I couldn´t stop until I finnish the game.
Really many thanks, you have my respect for creating such a great VN like this. Thank you, sonnet009.
Last edited by Sharane on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

baabaa

#40 Post by baabaa »

This was such a brilliant VN! I played it in its entirety all in one sitting and my eyes could literally not leave the screen. It is so well written and I think the MC and Trash were written well in a realistic manner. c:
☆ the co-director & writer for blood calls (wip). ☆

victorita9
Regular

#41 Post by victorita9 »

I love it. It had to be the first time were I can play a Tsundere character. I've romanced them, but I never was one until today. I always picked the slap or kiss options. It was fun!

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#42 Post by Mirielle »

This was an amazing visual novel! Thank you so much for creating this story, and allowing people the chance to play it their way as well. I was engrossed from beginning to end, and couldn't stop until I got to an ending (and on my first play through it was such a great ending as well!).

One thing I loved was that even though the player character wasn't pre-defined, they feel so real through the range and depth of choices. Faith (my chosen name for the PC) felt completely three-dimensional from very early on, and her personality didn't seem contrived at all. The amount of choices the VN gives to the player really helps both the main characters and their relationship develop in a satisfactory way where it doesn't feel cliched or stilted.

I wish I could provide some critical feedback, but I'm too busy gushing over how good this was to do so!
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!

Junesong
Regular

#43 Post by Junesong »

AMAZING! I'm not even done yet and it's already one of my all-time favourite games! Seriously, I would pay for this. It's SO good, the romance between River (my chosen name for the Heroine) and Trash is so natural and smooth, it develops over time instead of just rushing into everything like so many other games, movies and even books - it's born from mutual trust and learning to watch each other's back. And the choices, my god, so many choices! I absolutely love love love it.
Not to mention the comedy factor, it's enormous! The dialogue is so funny and well done, I would play this game a thousand times. 10000/10, bravo!

Bianchii
Regular

#44 Post by Bianchii »

I LOVE IT ;-; I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT ;-;
It's really one of a kind, I know how everyone has said it already but I feel the need to repeat it, I am so delighted to see a game that has believable choices, believable characters and such good writing, the story is also amazing!!! On my playthrough I could feel so many things, I could feel embarrassment, fear, happiness, and I could feel myself falling in love with Trash
damn the barn scene was so intense it was like it was real I'M TELLING YOU
Really I think this game is amazing and everyone should play it, I myself will play it again and as another user said, I will make the same choices and still feel excited, scared, happy and enamoured, the lenght of the game omg is amazing, I wish it could never end because I got so attached to Trash xD but the second time I play it will make me pay more attention to details, because the first time around I wanted to interact with Trash and see how the story developed, I was so connected I took no breaks xD It was really a great experience and I thank you for that, I could really feel myself falling in love again <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 The fact that you put so much effort and it came out great makes me appreciate it even more, good job <3 <3 <3 Thanks for giving us such a wonderful story <3

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#45 Post by Rinima »

Ohhh! I've been waiting for this game to come out for ages!
Downloading with post haste XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him