BG / CG Artist Recruitment - Serafina's Crown VN

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

BG / CG Artist Recruitment - Serafina's Crown VN

#1 Post by storykween »

Greetings Artists!

My little game dev startup, Woodsy Studio, has published two games so far: Serafina's Saga and Quantum Conscience. Up to now, I've done pretty much every aspect of production myself, with occasional help here and there. But my hope is to start collaborating with another artist who can bring new life to backgrounds and CGs while I focus more on writing and programming.
SERAFINA'S CROWN
- PROJECT OVERVIEW
This visual novel is a sequel to my first released title, Serafina's Saga. If you're not familiar with it, here's a link to a trailer so you can get a better idea of the story and style. The sequel takes place seven years after the end of the Serafina's Saga visual novel. Grand Prince Robil Feldren dies of illness, and a few weeks later, Queen Belatrix Grandil dies in in the midst of a "hunting accident." Serafina Elborn and her husband Reuben Jeridar are posed to take the throne, except for one big problem: many nobles suspect Reuben Jeridar arranged the assassination of Belatrix Grandil.

You play as a new character, Odell Perin, who is unwittingly thrust into a position of power amidst the chaos of court. Due to her neutral stance, Odell Perin is elected to serve as Regent long enough to settle the ongoing disputes, and therefore determine who will become the next King or Queen of Darzia. The gameplay will feature a dynamic debate system that allows Odell to argue certain points in court based on her accumulated stats.
WORK NEEDED:
I will draw the character portraits/sprites for the game, but I'm primarily looking for another artist to do:
--Backgrounds (20 - 35)
--CGs (20 - 35)
--Costumes (???)

(Fair warning: the CGs will largely consist of kissy/romantic scenes, maybe PG-13 rated or so, including GxB and GxG scenarios <3 )

I apologize I can't provide a more exact estimate, but the project is still in early development, and the workload will largely depend on how much you are willing to contribute vs. how much I will need to step in and do myself. I am willing to be flexible about this for the right partnership! We can also adjust a royalty amount for you to receive based on how much of the artwork you contribute.
PROJECT PROGRESS:
The story is fully outlined, and I've started writing and programming. Character sprites from Serafina's Saga are already drawn, and I'm currently working on the sprites of new characters. For instance, here are a few more character portraits:
By looking for an artist this early in the production process, I'm hoping it will be easier for us to arrange a comfortable production schedule and workload. My hope is to release the game around March 2015, but that's not set in stone!
PAYMENT / REWARD:
All I can offer right now is a percentage of royalties once the project is released, ranging somewhere between 10-30% depending on how much artwork you're able to contribute. We can negotiate this as needed. Please also note that the game will have something of a "free to play" model. On Android, I will incorporate in-app purchases consisting of new costumes and gameplay options branches; on desktop, I plan to release a free download version with all the main components, with the option to pay for an expanded version if the player so chooses (sort of like what I'm doing right now for Serafina's Saga, but this will be more elaborate).

**If you prefer a flat fee, please give me a quote and we'll go from there. I can't promise much, though, as I don't have a big budget!

Overall, the money earnings will probably be quite humble. But I hope that we can work together to make an awesome game, and have fun in the meantime!
WHAT I NEED FROM YOU:
REQUIRED: Please provide at least three examples of work you've done, demonstrating your skills in the BG, CG, or costume categories (one of each if you're interested in each category, or three in all covering the categories you're interested in). You could also provide a link to your portfolio if you have one online. Next, give me an idea of how much artwork you'd be willing/able to commit to this project.

DESIRED: Please feel free to tell me a little about your general aspirations in the field of game development/visual novels!
Last edited by storykween on Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My website: woodsy-studio.com

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

Re: BG / CG Artist Recruitment - Serafina's Crown VN

#2 Post by storykween »

Just to update as of 12/18/14, I am STILL looking for an artist to collaborate with me!
My website: woodsy-studio.com