Without Within

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

Without Within

#1 Post by InvertMouse »

Hello all :). I have just released my last visual novel for the year, Without Within. The game is available free as my way of saying thanks for supporting me this year. I knew this would be done near Christmas so I hope it can be seen as a little gift from me. The game was inspired by a reddit thread I stumbled upon a few months back.

Vinty has been getting nowhere with her calligraphy. Her confidence has sunk to an all time low.
As life pressures her toward giving up, will she forget why she pursued this craft in the first place?

http://wowi.invertmouse.com

The game is on greenlight at the moment, so if you could spare a moment for me, that would be really cool :):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =358896149

I also have a campaign for rewards like postcards, trading cards, physical copies etc:

http://kck.st/1x0aGyI

Some of the stuff you can get:

Some screenshots from the game:

Thank you everyone! Hope you could spare a moment to check out the game sometime, and most important, happy holidays :D.

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Without Within

#2 Post by Ferdokki »

Can you put some stats about the game? Like if it's KN or VN, how many endings, approximate play time, etc?
I'm kinda on a tight schedule for Christmas break, so I have to find time to play games accordingly. n_n'

InvertMouse
Regular

#3 Post by InvertMouse »

Hello~ Yeah, no worries! It is a ~4000 word game, so it is only around an hour long. Though the game has choices, making the wrong choice will lead to quick bad ends, so it is quite kinetic. Hope you will have the time to take a look :).

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#4 Post by ebi-hime »

Ooh, this was a fun VN. The GUI looked super pro, and the art is really nicely done, too. I thought it was interesting how there are no character sprites, it's all told through CGs - I wonder if that was more hard work that doing sprites? I liked that some of the art was animated, it made it all feel more lively.
Vinty is also such a cute name for a main character hehe, except I kept reading it as 'Minty'... Is a real name? I've never heard it before o:
I think it would've been cool if there was another main character for Vinty to interact with, since all the other characters were pretty incidental and only had a few lines (and long dialogue exchanges is my favourite thing to read haha XD), but since it was only a short story I guess it doesn't really need it - and adding pointless baggage might just slow the story down.
I enjoyed it a lot though n_n;;
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#5 Post by Ferdokki »

Thanks for the info! =D I'll check out the game hopefully sometime soon!

champignonkinoko
Regular

#6 Post by champignonkinoko »

Hello Invertmouse! Just played your game the other day and have to say, it was fun! Short, sweet, light-hearted: everything you want after a long day of work.

I guess I grew up in a somewhat similar background so I could understand the humour, and that was largely why the VN fascinated me!!
Definitely recommend this VN.

AntiquedFae
Veteran

#7 Post by AntiquedFae »

This was a really fantastic VN! It was short and silly and touching all at once. It was perfect. <3
My favourite part was definitely the pot on the head. I loved that so much.
You can call me Fae!
I offer proofreading and ideabouncing. You can find out more in my thread.

InvertMouse
Regular

#8 Post by InvertMouse »

Thank you everyone! Aw, man, sorry for such a late response. There are just so many places to chat about VN these days 8)!

ebi-hime, yeah, because the game is so short anyway, I decided to make it a purely CG game without sprites. If it were a longer game, it definitely would have become real expensive and time consuming.