Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

Re: Freak-Quency (GXB, stat raising, sci-fi, comedy, free)

#16 Post by Xerofit51 »

icebluehost wrote:More bugs I'm afraid.

1) I can't speak/hang out with Nana in the afternoon, even though your stats should be enough to be able to speak to her, unless that's intended. If so, you could add something there to let us know that she can't speak to you in the afternoon. Her current line during the afternoon is misleading.

2) Nana's friendship meter isn't full but when hanging out with her, I get the text that says I won't be able to bond with her more. I was able to increase it until it was full though so not really a biggie.

And now, for my comments:
It's a good game, though I was disappointed cause it felt short. I wanted more events with the guys! Each of their individual interactions seemed lacking in closure, and I wasn't sure if it was because you didn't intend to make an ending with you getting with one of the boys. (I might find out otherwise when I get the good ending, but who knows?) I got the true ending in my first playthrough cause I wasn't able to get Crystal's friendship meter to the full bar before June, so I'm playing it again to see what happens XD

One thing that I found in this game that was better than Persona were the characters themselves. Granted the characters in Persona are cute and all, they didn't seem to have the same depth that you've given your characters here. Each one had motives and goals, and I couldn't help either loving them or sympathizing with them. You made me feel for all of the characters in the game! Not something I usually feel for any game (usually I just like one or two and ignore the others).

Oh, I have a very good idea who Malkav is! Though so far I haven't seen any scene or event in the game to really confirm my theories. Is there actually going to be a reveal in the game, or is that something for us to ponder on for eternity? XD

Also, you said that there were 55 CGs here, though I don't know if I did get all of them. Is there a way for me to know? Maybe you could provide a zip file of them? Or a list? (I was hoping that you'd have a CG gallery in your game but alas it was not so)

Anyway, yes, I enjoyed your game and I look forward to seeing more from you!

Edit: I'm an idiot. I did the bad ending. Not the true ending. I got it mixed up, silly me. Ah well, at least I got to see what happened in the bad ending!
Thanks for playing my game sorry for the bug

1 and 2. Ah yes, my system simply counts until you have maxed her events meaning after that it is not mandatory to fill her friendship bar. same goes for Crystal.

This is my bad though, I said in the notes u have to make their bars full to get the good ending. You don't, you just need all their events, so it's just the morals bar that caused you to have the bad ending. So it's my fault at the notes, not the game. Oh and Nana's night thing that is intended she can only be done at night, If I'm not wrong there is a dialogue saying "Maybe she's busy right now? You should try talking to her at night." :)

As for the CG's.....I couldn't make a gallery I didn't understand the coding hahahaha :v

Anyway, thank you so much for playing my game. I'm so happy that it didn't crash. Hopefully if I get 2000+ downloads again I will make an indirect story continuation

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#17 Post by ludeshka »

Yesss, it's out!
I'm downloading this at the moment.
I remember the beta had a compatibility mode for older pcs (like mine), so hopefully I'll be able to play it. :D
Looking forward to this! :)

AeraMillenia

#18 Post by AeraMillenia »

Ok,wow. This looks so good! I can't believe I never noticed it before! I came here thanks to EnglishOtomeGames. I'm definitely gonna try this out now. I'll give my feed back after I'm done!
The moment I set my eyes on ??? I knew who I was going after lol. One thing that confused me was that most characters have their own route but there's only 3 endings? Is it cos it was too much work? Its not like I mind,it seems brilliant enough. Well,enough ranting,I'm done downloading so I'm gonna play!

Fanie
Projects: Snowflake

#19 Post by Fanie »

The game is really cool and I enjoy playing it! :) You're like really awesome for making it! xD And ohmigosh, I really love Luke!!!

Just something I noticed, not sure if it's a bug or something.
I fell in love with Luke, so I focused on raising my charm in order to get a job at the club so I can hang out with him. So I did, and I hung out with him, like, almost every evening, and I noticed that strange thing he mentions about fighting with Rick and killing his sister, and begging for forgiveness, but that didn't happen? Or at least I don't remember it happening? And even stranger, a week or so after that he first met Rick and asked me if he had a sister? And I was like 'What?! But... but you know, you said to me earlier that you killed her and so...', but Sonnya didn't mention anything? Like is this a bug or something? I don't know... did the 'Hang out with Luke?' option unlock earlier than it's supposed to unlock? Because right now Luke is spoiling me the story ;-; ... I'm on May month, btw, dunno if that helps...
So yeah, I'm confused about that. ?.?

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#20 Post by icebluehost »

Xerofit51 wrote: Thanks for playing my game sorry for the bug

1 and 2. Ah yes, my system simply counts until you have maxed her events meaning after that it is not mandatory to fill her friendship bar. same goes for Crystal.

This is my bad though, I said in the notes u have to make their bars full to get the good ending. You don't, you just need all their events, so it's just the morals bar that caused you to have the bad ending. So it's my fault at the notes, not the game. Oh and Nana's night thing that is intended she can only be done at night, If I'm not wrong there is a dialogue saying "Maybe she's busy right now? You should try talking to her at night." :)

As for the CG's.....I couldn't make a gallery I didn't understand the coding hahahaha :v

Anyway, thank you so much for playing my game. I'm so happy that it didn't crash. Hopefully if I get 2000+ downloads again I will make an indirect story continuation
I think I do get that Nana dialogue at first , but then I get to the point in the story
where I slap her
and ever since then I get the dialogue "you need so and so stats to talk to her" but I don't really remember anymore. >.<

If the good ending requirement is events, then I'm not 100% certain that I did get all of them, even though I did get all of their bars to full. Cause I'm really certain that my moral bar's mostly green in my second playthrough. Here's the last event for each character that I could remember getting:

Luke
He brings you to this restaurant and asks you out on a date
Rick
He confesses his love to you and tells you that you can decide later on whether you love him back.
Kai
Tries to kill you but fails
???
We get engaged
Nana
Something about how she starts seeing me as a friend
Crystal
Well the last event I got with her apart from the actual fight with her was her asking me to kill her.
Miru
She tells me about the pop-star who's going to sing her composed song and thanks me for everything
And the 5th love interest
He was complaining and crying when a guy flirted with me and I had to carry him home
In hindsight it might have been caused by me not getting max events for the 5th love interest...do I need to get even his stats up for the good ending?

Xerofit51
Veteran

#21 Post by Xerofit51 »

icebluehost wrote:
Xerofit51 wrote: Here's the last event for each character that I could remember getting:

Luke
He brings you to this restaurant and asks you out on a date
Rick
He confesses his love to you and tells you that you can decide later on whether you love him back.
Kai
Tries to kill you but fails
???
We get engaged
Nana
Something about how she starts seeing me as a friend
Crystal
Well the last event I got with her apart from the actual fight with her was her asking me to kill her.
Miru
She tells me about the pop-star who's going to sing her composed song and thanks me for everything
And the 5th love interest
He was complaining and crying when a guy flirted with me and I had to carry him home
In hindsight it might have been caused by me not getting max events for the 5th love interest...do I need to get even his stats up for the good ending?
You need to max out Kai's and 5th love interest (I will add all the max events in notes as well):
Kai = gives you a watch, this is done after he tried to kill you. He will ask you out on a free Sunday please accept it because if u reject it there will be a chance he will not ask again

Jackal= he will confess to you at home

Xerofit51
Veteran

#22 Post by Xerofit51 »

Fanie wrote:The game is really cool and I enjoy playing it! :) You're like really awesome for making it! xD And ohmigosh, I really love Luke!!!

Just something I noticed, not sure if it's a bug or something.
I fell in love with Luke, so I focused on raising my charm in order to get a job at the club so I can hang out with him. So I did, and I hung out with him, like, almost every evening, and I noticed that strange thing he mentions about fighting with Rick and killing his sister, and begging for forgiveness, but that didn't happen? Or at least I don't remember it happening? And even stranger, a week or so after that he first met Rick and asked me if he had a sister? And I was like 'What?! But... but you know, you said to me earlier that you killed her and so...', but Sonnya didn't mention anything? Like is this a bug or something? I don't know... did the 'Hang out with Luke?' option unlock earlier than it's supposed to unlock? Because right now Luke is spoiling me the story ;-; ... I'm on May month, btw, dunno if that helps...
So yeah, I'm confused about that. ?.?
....I never thought it was possible to get the club job in May, I certainly never was able to do it hahahahah. Well yeah he basically spoiled you the story. I 'm uploading a revision game file right now (more bug free), if u want to use it I believe if u have an early save file before u got a job u can use that so u don't need to start over. don't load the save file after you got a job in May though that will cause an error if I'm not certain. Unless you don't mind some spoilers well no need to download it

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#23 Post by Rainbow Colors »

The part where you retrieve a blue pendant - turns out you can get it twice?

The first time I got it, I gave it to the red-eyed girl. Wished for nothing, and then moved on. Some days later, I went back to the park to talk to the sleepy guy and he gave me another blue pendant. I went to the mall, and the girl was still thanking me for giving it abck the other day. Then going to the streets, I was offered 50,000 for it. So yeah, 2 blue pendants?

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

Xerofit51
Veteran

#24 Post by Xerofit51 »

Rainbow Colors wrote:
The part where you retrieve a blue pendant - turns out you can get it twice?

The first time I got it, I gave it to the red-eyed girl. Wished for nothing, and then moved on. Some days later, I went back to the park to talk to the sleepy guy and he gave me another blue pendant. I went to the mall, and the girl was still thanking me for giving it abck the other day. Then going to the streets, I was offered 50,000 for it. So yeah, 2 blue pendants?
fixed in the updated version. thank u for reporting :D

Erikka
Regular

#25 Post by Erikka »

icebluehost wrote:Just found a bug. The Fujiyama-Main map has an icon at the bottom which sends you to the main page all of a sudden. I'm guessing that shouldn't happen.

So far, I'm having fun playing your game. To be honest I'm not too keen on the theme cause it's an obvious copy/replica of the Persona series but it IS free, and I love the art and music so I'm not really broken up over it.

Wonder what ending I'll get...

Then the Pesona is an obvious copy/replica of Pockemon! You can always find something similar and you don't know who came up first with the idea. I don't think it's smart to call somebody's project a "copy/replica" because then everyone is copying everyone!

catharmel

#26 Post by catharmel »

Finished playing through the three endings last night. Beautiful game! Thank you for making it <3

feathersnake
Regular
Completed: A Rose by Any Other Name
Projects: Color, You've Got Mail!
Organization: Olfix Productions
Tumblr: olfix
Deviantart: olfix

#27 Post by feathersnake »

Wow. This was really great! Kind of shocking to me that it was free actually. I saw the screenshots and couldn't believe it and all of the features until I really played it. XD Amazing job with this game!
After getting the True ending, I took a look at the tips and decided to try the cheating route. Oh my gosh. That was hilarious! She wants to get away so badly she breaks through a window. XD And the reveal of Sonnya's past! Hahaha. There were quite a few moments that made me laugh throughout the game (They can smell fear. Haha.), but that part takes the cake.
Jackal is adorable by the way. >~< I really enjoyed all of the characters and how there was a lot more to learn about everyone than there seemed. (Including Malkav. That surprised me. And that ambiguous true ending. D: ) I didn't really expect a romantic relationship with Jackal after the whole thing with Sonnya's mom and his adult form. XD So I just thought of him as my cute freak friend. I always gave him candy when I stopped by that shop. Haha. I find it kind of funny that he was surprised when the whole scene about cheating on all of the guys came about though. He's always in your phone and pops up whenever he wants, so I figured he would already know about your relationship with the other guys.
I loved playing this game. It had me hooked. There are just too many things I love about it to even list. (I've already typed so much. lol)

There were a few small things that made it a tad bit frustrating at times, but they were very small things. One of the main ones was not being able to back track or see a text history with the page up key like you usually can in VNs (unless it's a different key?). Sometimes I get click happy or just space out when I'm reading and totally miss a line someone says, so the page up key is very useful to me so I can go back and re-read.
It was also really confusing to figure out when I could hang out with Nana. I only met the requirements to talk to her by chance after trying to talk to her again on a whim. Maybe until you meet the arcade requirement there is something else that could be said to let you know you can't talk to her even at night? I kept coming back every evening for a while, wondering why she still wouldn't talk to me, then eventually gave up for a large chunk of the game. I didn't even see the arcade scene until I'd already maxed my relationship with her and decided to try clicking that door again.
Rick's path was a little confusing. I didn't talk to him much before the incident with Luke. When I went to talk to him later, I just got the conversation that said you couldn't get closer to him. Which is fine, but I was confused because I could still talk with him unlike with Crystal's cut off date. So I had thought I could still bond with him.
I think most of my other confusing moments were just me getting too into it and feeling like I was playing Persona. XD;; So those ones were totally just my fault. Force of habit and such. lol For example, I was worried I couldn't hang out with another guy after getting too far into a relationship with another before finishing their route. (In Persona, I accidentally got my relationship reversed because I made that mistake. I didn't know I couldn't even talk to another girl while in the middle of another's route. o_o;;) Once again, totally nothing wrong with your game there. I just get mixed up with similar controls/mechanics. (Like going from playing Twilight Princess straight to Skyward Sword in the Zelda series on the Wii. I kept trying to press the menu button every time and was instead taken to the map or something.)

Thank you for letting me play this game! o~o It looks like so much work went into it.

(Edit) Just remembered one more thing. ^^; It was a little confusing that the quest bubbles didn't disappear after I finished a quest. So I wasn't sure when a quest was really over. I wasn't sure if I was finished or needed to come back and talk the the person again at another time for a new quest or something. Also that new quest indicators didn't pop up when they became available.(/edit)
Olfix Productions:
Tumblr | itch.io
Complete Projects:
A Rose by Any Other Name
In-progress:
Color | You've Got Mail!

bootsy

#28 Post by bootsy »

I loved the game. It's amazingly well done, especially for freeware. The music, the sound effects, the voices, the individual quests. I'm really impressed.

I think my only real gripe with it at the moment is the morality system? I'm not sure how because I played a fairly straight-edge character all the way through. Maxed each relationship possible as well as all of my stats, snagged every side quest, encouraged everyone to be kind to each other and was kind. Didn't even cheat on the guy I ended up with
Zed, which on that note is one of the few characters I've been truly shocked at regarding their true identity. Honestly didn't see that coming
and yet I get to the end and all the sudden I've
turned into some raving lunatic who wants to eat all of her friends alive and let freaks into the world :(
. I checked my morality bar out of confusion and it was WAY in the red. Any tips on why that might have happened would be really appreciated because it confused the heck out of me, I have no memory of choosing any 'evil' or selfish choices.

That said, awesome job.
Zed was definitely my favorite. Stole my heart in that ridiculous first scene at Sonnya's house. That bond completion scene too was too damn cute. Plus... those abs. I'm totally biased towards him.

Xerofit51
Veteran

#29 Post by Xerofit51 »

bootsy wrote:I checked my morality bar out of confusion and it was WAY in the red. Any tips on why that might have happened would be really appreciated because it confused the heck out of me, I have no memory of choosing any 'evil' or selfish choices.

That said, awesome job.
That's probably because u did the pendant request and asked 4 a reward or u asked the man 'lewis' and answered no to his question. Both i have mentioned in the hints file (which i can't open on my cellphone so i can't be certain, but i believe i have state that in the bad end section)

Anyway glad u liked my game, catharnel and feathersnake too. I always wanted it to have a persona feel because that was my goal, to see if i can do it though I am an amateur, so I know it's no where near as good. Still i do miss persona 3 portable so i hope this can relieve some people who enjoyed p3p like i did

icebluehost
Regular
Projects: The Aces

#30 Post by icebluehost »

Erikka wrote:Then the Pesona is an obvious copy/replica of Pockemon! You can always find something similar and you don't know who came up first with the idea. I don't think it's smart to call somebody's project a "copy/replica" because then everyone is copying everyone!
First off, I apologize if my comment sounds offensive. I didn't really mean this in the sense that "because you're doing a copy of this game, it sucks!" I was just pointing out that the game does have a lot of similar themes to the Persona series, which I don't like. Even Xerofit51 herself has mentioned that it was Persona-inspired and that she took a lot of ideas from that game, so no, I don't think that calling this game a copy of Persona is wrong or not smart. It is my opinion, and the creator can take it however she wants to. In fact, she has taken my comment rather well (by not saying anything about it at all), so kudos to her.

Telling someone that their comment/opinion is not smart though, that's another story. You're implying that I was wrong for saying it, and that offends me. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, whether you think it's right or not. For example, I respect your opinion that Pokemon is a copy of Persona, even though I don't agree with it, so I will not give you a spiel of why I think otherwise because this is not about you or me; this is about Freak-Quency.

You could have given Xerofit51 a nice comment on how great her game is instead of forcing your opinions on others.

But I digress.

Again, I would like to apologize to Xerofit51 if my saying it's a copy/replica has offended or hurt you. I enjoyed your game, despite everything I said. I love the music, I love the art, and I love the characters. And at the end of the day, it is your work and you were able to complete it, which not a lot of people can say for themselves (like me). You're awesome.

Also, I finally got the good ending! I missed Kai's last event cause during that particular playthrough I didn't get the time to max the 5th love interest's events and chose him over Kai. That's how I missed that ending.

But I wanted to find out who Malkav is!! Also I'm curious about
who Suzanne's son is
. It felt like you were trying to hint at something there, though I'm not sure about that.

It feels like you're leaving this open for a sequel, but that's just my guess. (Say yes!)