Looking for another a writer (closed)

Forum rules
Recruiting Rules: (1) Only recruit if you have an actual, clearly defined project you're recruiting for. Don't recruit if you're an organization that may have a project at some time in the future. (2) Tell people what kind of work you have for them. For commissions, also tell them how much work it will probably be. (3) Tell people how much work on your project is already complete. (4) Always open recruitment threads in the correct subforum - Free, Commercial or Paid Work.
Tracy Bullet
Regular

Looking for another a writer (closed)

#1 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Hello, baes, it's Tracy here.

I am making my own game for the first time instead of helping with someone else's. It's more work than I thought. Sometimes, I feel like I don't have time for it all, which is sucky of me. I already have one person helping with the writing, but she's more of a proofreader by now who is in charge of making sure my head is not up my butt. (Apologies for the crudeness) That's totally awesome of her, but I feel like what would be helpful now would be someone who can fill in the blanks and ask as many questions as needed, maybe even help make some parts of the plot.

The work will be paid, of course, and rates are negotiable. Likely, based on how I've been paid in the past and my current budget, I'd think that $40-$80 for every 10,000 words would be fair. But, hey, what do I know? That's why it's negotiable.
The project is a Twine choose-your-own-adventure fantasy game with some art and about five endings, maybe with some slight variations, although input is always welcome. There will be two normal endings and three romance endings (two serious, one funny), and some classic MPC amnesia start.

If you're interested, feel free to respond right here or PM me as you wish. If I can be given a reference to a past game or some fantasy writing you have done in the past, that would be great. There is no time limit to the game, so feel free to turn work just whenever you can instead of with a strict due date.

Hope to find someone soon/eventually,
Tracy Bullet

Edit: The main writer has most certainly been found. Thanks to everyone who replied! Those who asked but never sent in submissions can still send them in and be considered for a position later if the main writer decides he needs some help.
Last edited by Tracy Bullet on Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kitteas
Projects: Personal Projects
Deviantart: trythesky.deviantart
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.c

Re: Looking for another a writer

#2 Post by Kitteas »

Hello! That sounds amazing. I fancy myself a writer and have dabbled with choiceofgames work including Twine based games, although the latter I created as a gift for an ex, so would rather not use as a reference.

I'd be willing to 'audition' for it, however, and if you like my writing work, then we can talk about payment if you'd wish for me to continue!

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#3 Post by Tracy Bullet »

Could I get some work that can show you can do fantasy? Also, do you think you can pull at the heartstrings for the romance and backstories?

Kitteas
Projects: Personal Projects
Deviantart: trythesky.deviantart
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.c

#4 Post by Kitteas »

Certainly. May I have a prompt and a format for what you're looking for? And then I can definitely do so! : )
Nice to meet you by the way!

Tracy Bullet
Regular

#5 Post by Tracy Bullet »

I'll pm you